DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

HP WEEK Mafia Game: GAME OVER, MAFIA WINS!

Sakaea

Morning dawned. It was dark and dreary outside; rain fell in buckets. You all huddled around the large fireplaces and tried to piece together what you knew so far. It wasn't until someone needed a cut stitched up that you realized Neville was missing. Searching for him didn't take long as his throat had been cut during the night and propped up at one of the tables.

Misheru Sedai, Neville Longbottom, Doctor, town has been night killed.

It is now day. Deadline is Tuesday, August 14th at 10am OR when a lynch is achieved.

I can't do the deadline link right now bc I'm on my phone. I'll add it later this evening when I'm back on a computer.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Administrator

I can roll with that. Vote Mashiara.

Also on my list of suspects: Katiora, dicetosser.

Okay, this isn't the first time Nyanna's called me suspicious. Why haven't you said something before? And I have clearly explained my reasoning for everything. So, I'm not going to buy this "gut feeling."

Reasons: I'm still re-reading day 3, so for now it's mostly a gut feeling. Hopefully have something more concrete later.

No Result: I was just thinking about that actually. Roleblocker maybe?

Snape was our roleblocker. Wouldn't the mafia have one too?

Mashiara: I'm not voting you because of a gut feeling, I'm voting you because Nyanna viewed you and it came back as no result and I agree with her that it is suspicious.

However, now that I've re-read the thread I'm starting to have doubts. I think it's likely that Nyanna was roleblocked and so the no result doesn't mean anything either way.

Unvote for now.

More posts forthcoming.

Oooh, that's a serious issue...we has no Doctor...but also, lol, Neville was the Doctor...uh oh....

Roleblocking, if they have one too, would make sense. And since Nya revealed so early, she really opened herself up to be roleblocked very night if there is a scum one-considering we've had no successful viewings since who was it? Marsh...

However, with the twists in this game, our lovely mods could well have given one side a roleblocker and not the other, which leads to my other theory on the matter-

It could be that Nya was/is fakeclaiming and is unable to pick anyone to throw in hot water.

I still don't know whether to believe Raena's silencing claim...

And as for Dice, he hasn't posted often enough to be suspish really...

Re-reading/waiting for new posts...

Weekends are usually pretty quiet.

*sigh* I'm really frustrated about my cop-ing actions this game. Not much of it has been useful at all :angry:

Townies. Can we please make am effort to get on here more and work together to catch an actual mafia member please.

Right, just one thing to the issue about there being a possibility that I'm fakeclaiming:

There is always a cop. Even if I were indeed mafia, which I'm NOT, I wouldn't have known if the random lynch/volke was cop or not, thus would have taken a HUGE risk fakeclaiming my role. It wouldn't have been conducive at all to try a gambit like that, and the chance of being successful there is tiiiiiiny. I don't think I'm experienced enough to even think of trying that. Please accept that I'm your cop, useless though as I've been, and try to use the few things I got to try and help me find at least one first scum member before I most likely am killed next night.

Secondly. All this WIFOM about people's claims being false is really going on my nerve (nothing personal to people who've been doing this, I love you all and this is just a game :P). Everyone (except me and the masons) who claimed outright, is now DEAD. And they turned out exactly who they said they were. Townies.

I think this is WIFOM indeed, a clever distraction technique from the scummies and we've fallen into their trap over and over by focusing on people who 'seemed to be suspicious' because of their claims.

Nyanna - claimed cop

Katiora

Aiel Heart dicetosser1

Niel, Professor Flitwick, Vanilla, Town, Modkilled Day 3

Arez The Bard Babe

Tamerya - claimed mason

Misheru, Neville Longbottom, Doctor, Town, Nightkilled Night 3

Mashiara

Raena

Ishy, Professor Snape, Roleblocker, Town, Lynched Day 2

wheeloftime13, Hermione Granger, Vanilla, Town, Nightkilled Night 2

Razen, Professor Sprout, Vanilla, Town, Lynched Day 3

Basel

Volke, Random Lynched Day 1

Sunrise Lord Ironeyes - claimed mason

dicetosser1, Professor McGonagall, Vanilla, Town, Nightkilled Night 1

Or to shorten it down a bit, these are the players still alive:

I'll assume these three speak the truth for now, because there has been no cop counterclaim:

Nyanna - cop

Tamerya - mason

Ironeyes - mason

That leaves:

Katiora

dicetosser1

The Bard Babe

Mashiara

Raena

Basel

Starting from the top with Katiora (links to all of her posts during day 3, with a few quotes):

Katiora agreed with Razen re: weird choice of nightkill in wheeloftime13. She's basically saying exactly what Razen said. Fluff post. After some prodding from the mods, she says that she's posting but isn't one for posting needlessly as she finds that it leads to people lynching you over nothing.

She goes on to say that she's ignoring all claims unless she knows they are false (how would she know if they are false or not? and why ignore claims?), though agrees that Neil's claim seems weak. A bit of a contradiction here, wasn't she ignoring all the claims?

Goes on to explain why she doesn't go overboard with posting; says she's not inexperienced with mafia but hasn't played in a long time. So both experienced and inexperienced? Downplaying her skill level? Says she's not close to being on Mynd's level. In the same post, gets a bit defensive:

Nyanna I didn't accuse you and Ironeyes of anything... I was just making a point that ANYTHING is possible in a mafia game.. even in the same post, in the same PARAGRAPH i said how it was EXTREMELY unlikely... if you don't believe me go look it up.. I"m too dang lazy to do it this morning :rolleyes: Right now ya'll are acting like I'm calling you out.. I'm not.. until now you've given me no reason to suspect you, however you are starting to look more and more suspicious the way you and iron both jumped on my post about that... I mean what cop would go against you and say "no I'm the cop" right now?? is it really that far fetched?? Especially if the cop was an inexperienced mafia player...

Says we need to find scum.

Posts a list of all the players, their alignments and claimed roles, but doesn't give any indication of who she finds suspicious:

So, that leaves me Dice, Bard Babe, Mish, Mash (lol), Raena, Razen, and Basel. Out of those there are quite a few more inexperienced players, but out of those I can't come up with any that are OVERLY suspicious... *sighs* I need to quit being lazy and do a reread... lol

Pokes people because they're quiet.

States that she's getting confused with all the new people/replacements, it makes the game even more complicated for her. Again says she thinks wheeloftime13 was a weird nightkill.

Explains that cops can get false information. Bring up Mynd again.

Says again that she thinks wheeloftime13 was a weird choice for a nightkill.

Agrees with Basel on godfathers etc, brings up Mynd yet again.

Says she hasn't got a good vote, that we really need to get scum, but she'll vote Razen, but she's open to changing her vote. And that's her last post for Day 3.

bleh..... right now I don't have a good vote though!!!! *pouts* We can't afford to lynch another townie... We really need to get a mafia this time... though it's starting to get to be better and better odds... lol *sighs* I'm gonna vote Razen, but if another better vote comes along I will change it... Or if Razen can convince me otherwise.. which at this point wouldn't be overly hard...

My analysis:

She posts a lot, but her posts doesn't have much content. Did she once during day 3 express being suspicious of anyone in particular? Her comments are all general, they are game related, but she's not pointing out anything in particular. Likes to bring up Mynd and his games. I think she is trying to come off as both inexperienced and experienced at the same time, trying to downplay her skill level.

I think that she's making sure to post enough to not draw attention to herself for not posting a lot while at the same time making sure to not name any names so that she can't be connected to anyone.

She also brought up several times how she found the wheeloftime13 nightkill to be weird, but outside of a few people noticing it, nothing else happened. Meanwhile, Razen gets lynched for saying basically the same thing.

I think she is scum.

Weekends are usually pretty quiet.

*sigh* I'm really frustrated about my cop-ing actions this game. Not much of it has been useful at all :angry:

Townies. Can we please make am effort to get on here more and work together to catch an actual mafia member please.

Right, just one thing to the issue about there being a possibility that I'm fakeclaiming:

There is always a cop. Even if I were indeed mafia, which I'm NOT, I wouldn't have known if the random lynch/volke was cop or not, thus would have taken a HUGE risk fakeclaiming my role. It wouldn't have been conducive at all to try a gambit like that, and the chance of being successful there is tiiiiiiny. I don't think I'm experienced enough to even think of trying that. Please accept that I'm your cop, useless though as I've been, and try to use the few things I got to try and help me find at least one first scum member before I most likely am killed next night.

Secondly. All this WIFOM about people's claims being false is really going on my nerve (nothing personal to people who've been doing this, I love you all and this is just a game :P). Everyone (except me and the masons) who claimed outright, is now DEAD. And they turned out exactly who they said they were. Townies.

I think this is WIFOM indeed, a clever distraction technique from the scummies and we've fallen into their trap over and over by focusing on people who 'seemed to be suspicious' because of their claims.

So why have only you three been safe at night? I think the suspicion lies in that, not the other way round. I'll believe that Nyanna was protected by the doc, but Marsh and Tamerya, as important town members, wouldn't they have been targets at night? On top of that, they haven't said much and seem to by lying low (well, Tam's said a little bit, but we haven't heard from Marsh since the 9th. They aren't taking a very active role in the hunt, considering they are among the few who we believe to be town. If they're masons, and are supposed to help us, why aren't they helping?

I think we all realize it's just a game. No hard feelings, right everyone? :)

:O

Wow, some revealing posts just happened.

Thanks for the comprehensive Kat hunt there Raena...that was really quite useful...

Nya, you've directly addressed it now, which I thought you'd been avoiding for aaaages, so you're much less on my list now. :)

And Mashi has a good point. If Mish had been protecting Nya at night, then why have Marsh and Tam not been deaded? That's super suspish, and I only realised that after Mashi's post. *facepalm* How did I miss that? But Nya did view Marsh as town...hmm...FoSing both of them. I don't know how they did it, but I'm sure they did something...

And Kat's been on various peoples' list since Day 1, but she's just kinda gone quiet when things get too heavy and people seem to have forgotten about her. That's either really skilled, or really vague.

Given the list from Raena and the lack of a solid theory I have on Marsh/Tam, I'll vote Kat.

I don't enjoy voting early, but we've scraped too close to deadline too many times now.

But my vote is subject and likely to change over the course of events...

I have also been suspicious of Kat. She kind of bandwagoned Razen about the new players being mafia. Which was even stranger considering how thin Razen's case was in the first place. She didn't seem to make much effort to attach herself to a townie that actually had a strong case to make. She hasn't come up with much that was original. So I will vote Kat.

So why have only you three been safe at night? I think the suspicion lies in that, not the other way round. I'll believe that Nyanna was protected by the doc, but Marsh and Tamerya, as important town members, wouldn't they have been targets at night? On top of that, they haven't said much and seem to by lying low (well, Tam's said a little bit, but we haven't heard from Marsh since the 9th. They aren't taking a very active role in the hunt, considering they are among the few who we believe to be town. If they're masons, and are supposed to help us, why aren't they helping?

I think we all realize it's just a game. No hard feelings, right everyone? :)

I can see two scenarios:

a) Tamerya and Ironeyes haven't been nightkilled because the scum knows we're not 100% certain that they are indeed masons, so leaving them alive = WIFOM.

b) Nyanna did indeed view Ironeyes and the result came back as town, but he's actually the godfather. This would mean Tamerya is also scum.

I have also been suspicious of Kat. She kind of bandwagoned Razen about the new players being mafia. Which was even stranger considering how thin Razen's case was in the first place. She didn't seem to make much effort to attach herself to a townie that actually had a strong case to make. She hasn't come up with much that was original. So I will vote Kat.

Wait, what? You were the one who started to vote for Razen, and you were the one who came up with the case in the first place.

Wait, what? You were the one who started to vote for Razen, and you were the one who came up with the case in the first place.

Basel, you did vote for Razen first. Followed by Mish. Then a rather flippant reasoning by Kat. I think it's the not having good reasons that stands out here. Also, the whole

*sighs* I need to quit being lazy and do a reread... lol

is what stands out to me. If you aren't looking closely at what everyone is saying, then you aren't looking for scum.

On to the next person on the list, dicetosser:

His first post was made only yesterday, a few hours before deadline. Says posting has been hard. Says Nyanna's guts must be suffering from food poisoning still because her instincts are wrong, and that he inherited a case Gibbs' gut when "Razen jumped about being linked to raena". He votes Razen right off the bat.

Fluff post.

Points out how many votes Razen has, wonders how many are needed for a lynch.

Urges people to vote.

Fluff post (Gibbs slapping). Also his last post for day 3.

My analysis:

There's not a whole lot to go on here because he hasn't posted a lot. Valid excuse or no, it's easy for scum to hide by not being very active. Also he voted for Razen right off the bat, but at that point I think Razen had the most votes and it was close to the deadline, sooo...

Still suspicious of him, but not quite sure either way.

And the next person, The Bard Babe.

Complains that things happen while she is sleeping. Reason for not posting more is because no one is on when she is. Asks what a vig is. Also thought wheeloftime13 was a weird choice. Didn't think she was scum but was disinclined to trust the role claim. Was going to vote for Niel but he was modkilled.

Mafiawiki'd vigilante.

Wonders why Misheru would keep an eye on Tamerya, when Tamerya has been vetted as mason. Still has suspicions about Nyanna/Ironeyes/Tamerya. Mentions that Volke could have been cop. Brings up the post where Nyanna was seemingly contradicting herself, which she later said was because she got the names mixed up. FoS at me. Says she's not too proud to bandwagon for either Katiora or Razen.

Agrees with both Basel and Razen re: Hermione flipping vanilla, and wheeloftime13 being a weird choice for the nightkill.

Is confused by godfathers and millers.

Agrees with Mashiara that any claims are suspicious. Also mentions quiet players. Suspicious of me, dicetosser, Razen. Increased gut feeling about Misheru. Says she will elaborate on Misheru.

Says that her biggest suspects are Misheru and Razen, "but for the sake of voting due to deadline" she decides to go with her gut feeling of Misheru. Misheru's claim "felt dodge" to her, and Misheru's defense of "whoever it was (Razen?) kinda just made it worse". Votes Misheru.

Says she is super suspicious of Razen as well and is open to changing her vote.

Points out the deadline in three hours.

Doesn't want the game to end, unvotes Misheru and votes Razen.

Apologizes to Razen.

Wonders if enough people have voted to achieve a lynch.

My analysis:

I mostly get a town read from her. Could be that she's scum and distancing herself from the others by focusing on Misheru instead. But she seems kind of consistent in her reasons for voting Misheru. Only thing that stood out to me was her apology to Razen; did she know he was going to flip town? Seems a bit odd that she'd apologize when she was so suspicious of him to begin with.

Annnnnnd the next person, Mashiara.

In response to Nyanna, says that she wasn't the only one to doubt wheeloftime13's claim, quotes Razen and Katiora. Says all the claims were a "confession overload". Agrees with Katiora that someone was lying (who?).

Asks about the cop getting false information.

Wonders why Misheru says that Mashiara's reasons for voting Niel were thin.

In response to Misheru, explains why she voted Niel.

Wonders why something was about Razen, again says her reasons for voting Niel were not thin.

Says she has a "sudden distrust of anyone who claims to be anything now" and that Misheru is at the top of her list.

Once again defends her reasons for voting for Niel.

Doesn't like it, but (attempts to) vote Razen because of the looming deadline.

Blames the smartphone, votes Razen.

My analysis:

So almost everything regarding Mashiara was about her voting for Niel. I find it hard to be super suspicious of her because of this, because I was super suspicious of Niel myself. Slightly suspicious because Misheru was hard on Mashiara's case, Mashiara had Misheru at the top of her list, and now Misheru is dead.

Saving the best for last! But really I was just following the list. Basel, my Brown buddy.

Votes Razen right off the bat. Thinks Razen is making the newbie scum team claim so that town will look right past him.

Expands upon the vigilante idea.

Starts keeping track of those who say the scum team are newbies. Thinks scum are hiding there. Mentions Razen, Tamerya, Katiora, Nyanna, Ironeyes, Bard Babe. Says he is pretty sure one of them is going to be scum, maybe even two.

Explains that cops can get false information, says he thinks Ironeyes and Tamerya have played town.

Explains godfathers and millers.

Fluff post.

Points out errors with Nyanna's unofficial vote count.

Says Nyanna is trying to help town with her unofficial vote count.

Worried that deadline had come and gone.

My analysis:

Basel immediately jumps Razen for his newbie scum team theory. Says he's suspicious of anyone who agrees with the newbie scum theory, mentions everyone who has talked about it.

And that's basically it for day 3. That's all he bases his vote on, yet he says this today:

So now suddenly the case he himself made against Razen is weak? Major FoS.

Here's what I think is happening.

Katiora and Basel are both scum. They're taking different positions: Katiora subscribes to the newbie scum team theory while Basel argues against it. Notice how both of them voted for Razen though, who as we know flipped town.

Now, when it looks like Katiora is the next one to go, notice how he jumps on her for voting for Razen, trying to distance himself when she flips scum.

And that's it for now, folks! I think I will vote in the morning. It'll be either Katiora or Basel.

lol, when you put it like that, I seem so clueless. XD

Also, just going to go ahead and clear up my little suspicious bit-I apologised to Razen cause he really only got lynched because their was a deadline adn he had the most votes at that stage. And I feel inclined to apologise when I have a part in ending someone's game experience.

I stand by my vote.

I dunno about Bas...he's been kind of just floating around and being generally helpful really, I haven't got much of a read on him at all...

Archived