DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

HP WEEK Mafia Game: GAME OVER, MAFIA WINS!

Sakaea

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bleh..... right now I don't have a good vote though!!!! *pouts* We can't afford to lynch another townie... We really need to get a mafia this time... though it's starting to get to be better and better odds... lol *sighs* I'm gonna vote Razen, but if another better vote comes along I will change it... Or if Razen can convince me otherwise.. which at this point wouldn't be overly hard...

Interesting choice of kill. And one that has me thinking that all the scumsters are new players. Because WoT was at the center of all the attention - the scum team just wasted their NK on someone they could easily have lynched. Niel has been voting OMGUS pretty much this entire game - he voted for Mashi yesterday when she had voted for him and freely admitted that was the only reason he'd voted her.

This just screams WIFOM to me.

(snipped)

Now Razen has been nagging at me since very early in the game. I can't really put my finger on it, but the quote above settled the deal for me very much. So for now....

Vote Razen.

I wanted to address two points here. The first, is the observation that I made. One of the signals that I look for when using flips to determine who might or might not be scum is the choice of night kill. Oftentimes, there's players who will NK people that are personally good at reading them. WoT didn't leave much in the way of who she was actually suspicious of - she was on the defensive most of the game because of the trains on her that happened both days previously. With the way that she had survived both days, keeping her alive would have allowed the mafia to keep blending into the shadows due to her having been the center of attention. People had shown a willingness to vote for her. Unless someone would like to come forward and claim that they vig-shot her, I'm believing that it's a new scum team. On top of that, you've used almost the exact reason that Basel did for voting me.

Second, with a niggling feeling, is there anything in particular? Or are you saying that you've been pinged by me from the start because you sense that you could get an easy lynch?

I don't have any spesific proof. But Raena and Razen strike me as suspicious. They don't say that much, but are quick to jump on a train. I'm only halfway trough my re-reading, but I've had a nagging feeling on those two for a bit of time now.

Now why are you tying me to Raena? There's not much to go on, you bring up two random names, and then possibly let someone else do the digging to find something for you, then bring this up, and bam. You've recorded you've got a suspicion of someone from earlier and now that you could see a case, you vote. That's a scum tactic. That way you don't have to get your hands dirty.

Vote: Mish.

I'm not scum. I'm Neville.

I can't explain why I have felt suspicious. No-one else needs to take my vote into account of their own actions at all. It's just a feeling I can't shake off. Honestly, if I was scum looking for an easy lynch, I think there would be easier targets than you. Right now, I can't get any good pins on anyone, so I'm going with my gut feeling. The post you quote at the bottom there, was made while doing my reread. Then I followed up with the first quote there to explain at least one of the names I put out.

Okay - sorry mods :(

I'm here and doing a quick re-read summary now.

Although I must say I've been getting a town read on more players than I like. I guess this is also due to the low activity.

I'm getting two feelings here:

1. The mafia team may indeed be newbies, and thinking they can lie low and fly under the radar that way.

2. We may need to start lynching people who are REALLY not active much. I mean I haven't been here today either, but I has the most posts in this thread yet and have given my ideas often too - and while there's nothing wrong with being a bit quiet to look at things and make your opinion off others observations, this won't work if there's only a few people actually saying stuff.

So, its pinging me that the scummies are amongst the real quiet ones.

Will be back hopefully soon (expecting a visitor) with more detailed thoughts on individuals. Great job Mish for being here often today, and everyone else :) let's get a scum today!

From rereading I'm gonna post my top suspects team...

Dice

Mashiara

Raena

Katiora

For reasons I posted before, in my longer WoT where I followed Marsh's idea of listing people individually.

Misheru and Basel give me a town read, I like their scumhunting, and Razen defended himself well. He seems townish for now despite the reasons we were FoSing him before. I won't forget, but for now he doesn't ping me so much.

I can't make up my mind on Bard Babe yet.

Back on the newbie-being-scum thing. I've just realized I've overevaluated the number of newbies on this team lol because there aren't really THAT many.

However, I believe there are indeed some scummies hiding in the quieter ranks so yeah.

I also think a Dice lynch is the way to go.

I may be confused again, but I believe since he replaced Heart he's indeed been sooo quiet and if, erratic in his voting that he could certainly be a mafia member. I know and respect that he's got RL things going on and he hasnt been on here as much as usual because of that, but still.

I want to see how the previous feeling Ishy and others had turns out, because it's becoming a strong gut feeling for me too.

But I had food poisoning the last couple of days, so me gut could be off XD

Oops, that's 5 Not Voting.

Just under 14.5 hours to go guys. I'll be checking in later again for sure...

Rereading yet again, if dice doesn't ping enough others (unless they're the mafia voting others grrrr), I may look at hopping on the Razen train because although he's done well defending himself in some points these things do still stand out to me:

- being quite adamant on there being a team of newbies.

- the reaction to Mish's post. Especially the second part, where he reacted really defensively to Mish mentioning him to Raena...

A careful FoS on Razen and Raena as potentially being on a scum team indeed...

• Community Administrator

This, kinda seemed to me like Mashi was jumping on to defend Razen...

I also find it a bit iffy that Mashi was very insistent at pointing fingers at Niel for very thin reasons.

Thin reasons? How so? I think I found at least three really significant things that screamed scum. Maybe he was a new player, too. But most everybody though Niel was suspicious.

How was this about Razen? I was just pointing out that my suspicions of Niel were well grounded, not thin.

Also, I've got a sudden distrust for anyone who claims to be anything now.

I'm not scum, and you'll be sorry to see me go. That's all I've got to say. Also, I've never played before, so I had no idea how Ishy's playstyle is or not.

Role hinting now?

Don't take it personally, all newbies need a little of this to get them started learning the rules. I got attacked up and down by Mynd my first game. It made me a better player.

That puts Mish on the top of my list.

Or maybe he is just very young and signed up to a game he really didn't know how was or what signing up ment.

That doesn't change the fact that he was acting weird and inconsistent. The whole point is to look for these types of things, right?

Hmm, Mashi has a point here, claims are getting extremely suspicious now...as is silence. I've said before, I'm unable to be too loud because no-one is ever on in my time zone, except for that brief period when I was sick and off school a couple of days ago...I get that obviously, there are others having similar issues to me, but the quiet ones are making me nervous...

So that's who...Raena, Dice, Razen's reasonably quiet...I dunno, those guys are all a bit suspish...

But at the moment, I'm getting an increasing gut feeling about Mish. I will elaborate once I'm at home and not posting from school on the laptop during english...

Also, I've got a sudden distrust for anyone who claims to be anything now.

I'm not scum, and you'll be sorry to see me go. That's all I've got to say. Also, I've never played before, so I had no idea how Ishy's playstyle is or not.

Role hinting now?

Don't take it personally, all newbies need a little of this to get them started learning the rules. I got attacked up and down by Mynd my first game. It made me a better player.

That puts Mish on the top of my list.p

May I ask why?? :)

Six hours left! come on guys!

Mashi, I revelaed my role because Razen suddenly jumped so hard on me. Twice now people have claimed roles, people have been suspicious, and when they've ended up dead, turns out they were telling the truth. You not learning from this and again voting on an extremely random and poor logic grounds, makes me suspect you even more.

Unvote.

Vote Mashi

No, this isn't and OMGUS-vote. I'm just sick of this game moving nowhere. Mafia, seriously, GET A GRIP! We got six hours left, and if we don't have enough votes for a lynch, THE GAME ENDS. I've been looking forward to this game for MONTHS, and you are ruining it! Now, I've gotta go to work now, so I won't be home before in 7 hours time. I really, really hope the game isn't dead by that time.

i am here when i can be im managing to log about 5 hrs/day at home while awake so posting has been hard. sorry

Nya i agree with you on something 2 somethings in fact...1 your guts must still be suffering from food poisoning cause ure instinct is wrong and 2 when Razen jumped about being linked to raena.. as soon as i read that i inherited a case of Gibbs' gut

therefore

vote Razen

im home now and can sit up a bit so will be able to change my vote if need be in order to avoid random. there is currently 5 hours or so left

Nya i agree with you on something 2 somethings in fact...1 your guts must still be suffering from food poisoning cause ure instinct is wrong and 2 when Razen jumped about being linked to raena.. as soon as i read that i inherited a case of Gibbs' gut

:O

Did you just NCIS reference? If so, you just got twenty times more awesome.

Anyway, actually relevant to the topic, my big couple at the moment are Mish and Razen, but for the sake of voting due to deadline, I'm going to go with my earlier stated gut feeling of Mish.

Sorry Mish, but your claim felt dodge to me, and your defence of whoever it was (Razen?) kinda just made it worse for me-you didn't even have a train, just one person. That made you far too keen to defend yourself in my eyes, claiming after you've only had one kinda hostile comment.

Vote Mish

Archived