DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

HP WEEK Mafia Game: GAME OVER, MAFIA WINS!

Sakaea

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with all you said in that last post of yours Marsh *nodnod* especially about Kat and Niel.

Ooo interesting idea about there possibly being a vig who shot WoT13! That would definitely make more sense - although there was no vig kill the previous night...

I wouldn't find the lack of a vig kill on N1 means that it's doubtful there is a vig. Maybe the vig is one-shot? Maybe the vig is even-night only?

I agree with all you said in that last post of yours Marsh *nodnod* especially about Kat and Niel.

Ooo interesting idea about there possibly being a vig who shot WoT13! That would definitely make more sense - although there was no vig kill the previous night...

I wouldn't find the lack of a vig kill on N1 means that it's doubtful there is a vig. Maybe the vig is one-shot? Maybe the vig is even-night only?

True.

Argh, why do these things happen while I'm sleeping?!?!

And sorry I don't post more, but you lot are never on when I'm on and I did miss the first day or so.

NOOB ALERT: What's a vig?

Anyway, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that thought wot was a weird choice. As much as I didn't think she was scum, I was somewhat disinclined to trust the role claim. Sure, no-one disputed it, but it seemed a bit like weird timing. Then again, she did say that she didn't think you could reveal on the first day...I dunno, I guess I don't have to think about that anymore.

Well, my vote was about to go to Niel, due to his lack of serious posting, topped off by the reveal, which seemed to me like he was just tagging on the end of all the other more successful reveals the game has seen so far. Well, bang goes that theory.

So now I'm going to go ahead and re-read.

I think I am going to start keeping track of all those who are saying how bad or strange a choice WoT was for the NK. I'm thinking there are scum hiding there. All the more so since I'm not seeing the logic of saying it was a bad choice of victim. Like I said, we're talking about someone who survived a train twice, and had claimed a primary character. The argument that scum messed up here also has elements of the "scum wouldn't do this" tactic. Scum do one thing, and then one or more of them proceed to argue on-thread that whatever it is is the last thing scum would (or should, in this case) do. Here, scum have killed WoT. What are the odds that one of the people bashing scum for a stupid choice of who to NK are trying to come off as townie by saying this isn't what they would do if they were scum? So here is my list of anyone calling the NK a bad move on scum's part:

Razen

Tamerya (claimed as mason with Iron)

Kat

Nya (uncountered cop)

Iron (viewed as town by Nya)

BB

I'm pretty sure one of them is going to be scum. I wouldn't be surprised if two of them are.

Alright, so I’m going to present all of my weak cases just to get some thinks out there…

These are all just vague gut feelings and FoSes, just so’s ya knows…

Tam, I am keeping my eye on you.

Did we ever get a reason for this? Seems a bit off when Tam has been vetted as a mason...I’ve got a bit of a gut feeling, dunno why, and it seems to me that there isn’t that much decisive stuff showing up yet…FoS (see that, I'm even using the terminology now XD )

I still have suspicions about Nya/Marsh/Tam…it could be that Volke was the cop and they’re just going through a massive, cleverly created hoax. This possibility was brought up waaaay back when Marsh revealed as a mason, and then was vetted by Tam…this bit was way suspicious, but it was then smoothed out because Nya revealed as the cop and claimed that she had viewed Marsh:

I viewed Ironrise last night and HE IS TOWN. So there.

Gonna be gone most of the day starting in one hour, so I'll tell you my secret a little early. I'm a mason. Tamerya can vouch for me.

Interesting. Or...you and Tamerya are on the scum team and have agreed to pose as masons to try and vet yourselves in our townie eyes...

Ok, so with my vote, Ironeyes got the most votes of those voted. And then, suddenly Ishy turns around and changes his vote. Suspicious much? Im thinking you're scum and protecting your scum friend.

Interesting too, and has potential to be bang on the dot... Maybe Ironeyes, Ishy and Tamerya are the scum team together? FOS!

Contradicting yourself much?

So, this was never cleared up, Nya just said that it was a name mix up and it was promptly forgotten about…it’s probably the truth, but I thought I’d just bring it to attention again.

Also, after that, everyone changed their votes accordingly and it was never touched again. It would be a massive gambit for the three of them to play if they are in fact mafia in the kind of elaborate hoax Kat suggested earlier. This was kind of brushed off by a diversion to the skill of Mynd. It seems unlikely that such a gamble will have worked, but at this stage, I’m willing to suspect anyone, and something here seems off…

At this point, since there's no counterclaim*, I'll choose to believe Nyanna.

Lynch either Tamerya or Ironeyes and that should confirm Ironeyes' claim.

Lynch someone else.

This is a little off…pointed out by Nya earlier, so FoS

I’m also not too proud to bandwagon for Kat or Razen, for other reasons already displayed by others. (Nya and Basel)

So, basically, I suspect everyone. XD

And Bas, I agree with your logic:

Interesting choice of kill. And one that has me thinking that all the scumsters are new players. Because WoT was at the center of all the attention - the scum team just wasted their NK on someone they could easily have lynched.

I don't know about anyone else, but I was pretty surprised to see Hermione flip vanilla. So what if scum figured Hermione was an important enough character that would be likely to have a power, and they had to get rid of the role? I think with as many new players as we have, some of them being on the scum team is likely, but I'm not going to overlook the more experienced people just based on this NK.

However, I also agree with Razen's. It makes sense for the scum to have wanted wot13 dead because of the likelihood of Hermione to have been a power role, they would be stupid not to. Personally, I'm super shocked that she was vanilla. I'm not sure how these things go, but surely she wouldn't have avoided a lynch on a third day on the trot, so the scum could have theoretically led the lynch the next day and used the NK for someone else. *shrug* That was just my thinking.

• Community Administrator

Another one who never stopped doubting WoT13's claim and even voted her after her reveal. Also, NO words/thoughts/other reaction after Ishy revealed, Mashi just hammered him. She's right at the top of my list right now.

Gah, this should be:

Mashiara - Another one who never stopped doubting WoT13's claim and even voted her after her reveal. Also, NO words/thoughts/other reaction after Ishy revealed, Mashi just hammered him. She's right at the top of my list right now.

I'm not the only one who doubted WoT's claim.

Anyway, that's twice now that WoT has escaped being lynched. First time, I'd attribute it to coincidence, but the second time has me a little suspicious. The same train stalled two days in a row - something that happened this time due to her character claim. I'd really like to see this put to rest, because I have a feeling that it's going to come up again tomorrow. I'm leaning mafia on her - even with her character claim.

Also...

And anyone can claim any role... some roles would be foolish to go against and say "no they're not that role, because I'm that" It's a good way for the cop or healer to end up deaded.. I mean who's to say that you and Nya aren't mafia in an elaborate hoax to trick us all... *shrugs* crazier things have happened in a mafia game... Not to say that you are, that would be EXTREMELY unlikely to work and could backfire in many ways... Really with all the claims it's very likely that SOMEONE is lying...

Even though you argue against it:

And I disagree with "all those claims" - we'd had what, 3 when you posted this? And all of them active book-characters who'll definitely be in the game...what would be there to doubt?

First was Sunrise/Ironeyes, who claimed mason, then outed Tamerya as mason too.

Next came Nyanna, the cop.

Then came Ishy as Snape.

Finally, WoT said she was Hermione.

That was a confession overload. I agree with Katiora that someone was lying. As I said previous, I didn't have real doubts about Ishy. He could have been scum, and maybe not. WoT's actions and her claim was what stood out to me. It could have been very easy for someone who is scum to claim someone most assume would be important, then wait for the counter argue "You can't be __, I'm __!" and NK that person. I don't think that's thinking outside the box at all.

As for Ishy, what kind of reaction am I supposed to have? There was only a little doubt whether Snape would be considered town or mafia, but that could have gone either way, and I wasn't going to base my claim on something so weak, knowing you guys would jump down my throat if I didn't have a good explination.

Alright, so I’m going to present all of my weak cases just to get some thinks out there…

Did we ever get a reason for this? Seems a bit off when Tam has been vetted as a mason...I’ve got a bit of a gut feeling, dunno why, and it seems to me that there isn’t that much decisive stuff showing up yet…FoS (see that, I'm even using the terminology now XD )

It took me a while to catch up on the mason-thingy, so I simply wasn't aware that Tam had been confirmed town (unless it's just a really clever mafia ruse bla bla bla).

It took me a while to catch up on the mason-thingy, so I simply wasn't aware that Tam had been confirmed town (unless it's just a really clever mafia ruse bla bla bla).

It's not a sure thing. All we have to go on is Nya's view of Iron as town, and there are ways that a cop can get an incorrect view of someone. But Iron and Tam have both been playing town so far in my eyes, so I'm betting that's not the case here.

OMG see that's why I just don't go over board with lots of posts... someone always fishes something out or "quotes" something putting emphasis on a spot that makes no sense to try to make someone look guilty...

Nyanna I didn't accuse you and Ironeyes of anything... I was just making a point that ANYTHING is possible in a mafia game.. even in the same post, in the same PARAGRAPH i said how it was EXTREMELY unlikely... if you don't believe me go look it up.. I"m too dang lazy to do it this morning :rolleyes: Right now ya'll are acting like I'm calling you out.. I'm not.. until now you've given me no reason to suspect you, however you are starting to look more and more suspicious the way you and iron both jumped on my post about that... I mean what cop would go against you and say "no I'm the cop" right now?? is it really that far fetched?? Especially if the cop was an inexperienced mafia player...

Anyway... as to the inexperienced thing.. I'm not inexperienced at mafia, however, this is my second mafia game to play in over 2 years and the last one I played in was a basic game and not overly confusing (and I was never even close to being on Mynd's level and I played with him right after he started and he wasn't THAT great)... So really i'm just really bad out of practice and half asleep when i post lol

:laugh: I just love chewing out every little sentence when someone FoSes or otherwise speaks out about me in these games :tongue:

Of course it could happen, but as Iron said that would be Mynd-lvl stuff. I wouldn't take a risk like that just saying I was cop if I was mafia lol.

And kk :) I haven't been playing mafia for long so I still make helluva mistakes :tongue:

So...basically I'm just trying to go off the beaten path here. I've a feeling some mafia players are laughing their heads off on the QT cos we're concentrating so much on if or if nots - so I'm looking at a few other people too. Let's not forget we need to lunch someone else today and it cannot be a townie!!!! We've lost enough as it is :dry:

So...basically I'm just trying to go off the beaten path here. I've a feeling some mafia players are laughing their heads off on the QT cos we're concentrating so much on if or if nots - so I'm looking at a few other people too. Let's not forget we need to lunch someone else today and it cannot be a townie!!!! We've lost enough as it is :dry:

lol they probably are... and yeah we've got to find someone... we're going downhill fast... we gotta find the brake..

Player roster:

1. Nyanna - COP

2. Katiora

3. dice 2.0 (replaced AH)

4. Niel - Mod killed - Professor Flitwick

5. The Bard Babe (replaced Arez)

6. Tamerya - Supposed Mason

7. Misheru

8. Mashiara

9. Raena

10. Ishy - Professor Snape - Town Roleblocker, Lynched Day 2

11. wheeloftime 13, Hermione Granger, town, vanilla, NK'd Night 2

12. Razen

13. Basel

14. Volke, random lynch Day 1, no coroner report

15. Ironeyes (replaced Sunrise Lord) - Supposed Mason

16. Dice - Professor McGonagall, vanilla, town, NK'd Night 1

Ok so here's how it's going... We have 4 known Vanilla town dead and one unknown dead.. Lets hope that Volke was mafia cause we need all the help we can get right now.. *sighs*

saying that, We know that there are probably at least 3 mafia left (if volke were mafia, which with my luck he probably wasn't)... But we don't know how many mafia there were originally so there could be more, or less... Let's just go ahead and assume 4 (for the sake of just trying to reason this out)... There are 11 left, which means (for the sake of argument) there are 7 "vanillaish" people Nyanna has claimed Cop and no one has said different. She says she has viewed Sunrise who turned up Vanilla and he claims to be in a mason group with Tam... So, there are 3 of our 7 vanilla people in the game with semi-verified spots so that leaves 8 people to choose our mafia from with around 4 of them being vanilla... I know I'm a townie, so for me that leaves 7 to go through and 3 other vanilla... I've color coded everyone as you can see lol.. the greens are the people who haven't made a claim and are unverified (I included myself).. the others are the dead people and their role or the people who have claimed and their claimed role... So, that leaves me Dice, Bard Babe, Mish, Mash (lol), Raena, Razen, and Basel. Out of those there are quite a few more inexperienced players, but out of those I can't come up with any that are OVERLY suspicious... *sighs* I need to quit being lazy and do a reread... lol

Thanks for making the list Katiora, I was about to do the exact same thing so I could get a visual of everything since i'm a visual type person. I'm still going to go back and look at trends and such. I have my thoughts, but I need to get some quotables up so that it makes sense.. :)

Sorry! Told you I was Townie GO TOWN ... Pay close attention to Nya and Dice ... erm Don't forget Snape's power.... Had Fun Thanks Mods!!!

Telling other players to pay attention to other people, or giving any other game information/advice in your death post is another no-no. Just for future reference. Hope to see you in another game!

Player roster:

1. Nyanna - COP, un CC'ed

2. Katiora

3. dice 2.0 (replaced AH)

4. Niel - Professor Flitwick, vanilla, town, Mod killed Day 3

5. The Bard Babe (replaced Arez)

6. Tamerya - Supposed Mason, partner viewed as town Night 1

7. Misheru

8. Mashiara

9. Raena

10. Ishy - Professor Snape - Town Roleblocker, Lynched Day 2

11. wheeloftime 13, Hermione Granger, town, vanilla, NK'd Night 2

12. Razen

13. Basel

14. Volke, random lynch Day 1, no coroner report

15. Ironeyes (replaced Sunrise Lord) - Supposed Mason, viewed as town by Nya Night 1

16. Dice - Professor McGonagall, vanilla, town, NK'd Night 1

I changed Niel's report to be town and added that he was vanilla so all the people that we can confirm, either through a cop view or as dead, are the same color. Nya viewed Ironeyes/Sunrise night 1 and got a town reading back, so if he's claiming Tamerya as a mason partner, I'm inclined to believe him for the time being. Unfortunately, we don't know if the doc or any other town power roles are in that list as well, thanks to Volke's lack of a flip. This is where it gets difficult.

I need to reread, because I feel like I'm missing something. I don't know what it is, but I'm hoping something will click looking back through with the flips that we've got up to this point.

Sorry! Told you I was Townie GO TOWN ... Pay close attention to Nya and Dice ... erm Don't forget Snape's power.... Had Fun Thanks Mods!!!

Telling other players to pay attention to other people, or giving any other game information/advice in your death post is another no-no. Just for future reference. Hope to see you in another game!

This brings up memories of my first death post (I went and told everyone what powers I had... >.<)

Well, guess my vote's worthless, since he's been modkilled. *goes back to my list again* My next suspicion was Dice, I think. He's been voting all over the place with little to no reasoning, plus two dead townies now were suspicious of him. Also anything else I said; my memory's not too good when it comes to this sort of thing.

Archived