DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

There are neither beginnings or endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But this is a beginning.

Zewe

/overdramatic

Hi, I'm Zewe.

23/male/Los Angeles

Read WoT for the first time when I was 10-11 or so and since then I've read and reread the whole damn thing dozens and dozens of times and I still

learn new things with each go.

Not interested in fantasy or anything outside of this series, but nonetheless, I love these books more than I can ever hope to put into words, and they've been something of an (unhealthy) obsession for over a decade now.

Finally got around to making a DM forums account today, though I've been e-living vicariously through several of you for ages now.

And with that: Hello new friends.

I suppose I could have worded that better - while I certainly enjoy some other fantasy, it's primarily a casual, mainstream sort of thing: Lord of the Rings (movies), Elder Scrolls (video games), wuxia cinema, etc. I've given other fantasy reads a try, but it's just bored me to tears, no matter how well-regarded it's been. Nothing specific really comes to mind aside from ASoIaF and some of those awful Belgarion books, but still.

I don't know if it's entirely because nothing I've ever read has the sheer overwhelming scope of WoT or if the genre just really has no appeal to me, but really, I have tried :(

Welcome Zewe! Glad you finally decided to take the plunge and come talk to us :biggrin:

So do you have a favorite of the books? Any favorite scenes that you like to re-read over and over?

I wanted to take a minute to make sure you don't miss the Social Community section of the site -- it took me a year of being a member here before I started venturing into that area, and I really feel like I missed out on some good friends and lots of fun. Each of the Social Groups has a bit of a different emphasis and a different atmosphere, and you're welcome to join as many as you like, so poke around in their forums and see what looks fun to you. I'm personally a member of the Black Tower, where we live for spam, games, spam, tainted brownies, spam, One Power battles, spam, spam, bacon, spam and more spam. And we're all pretty much crazy from the taint. :wink:

Feel free to ask us any questions you have about the site, or just about anything else. There are a lot of helpful people around here who will do their best to point you in the right direction. And a few mischievous ones who will point you in the wrong direction just for laughs, but I swear I'm not one of 'em. Honest. :laugh:

There are a lot of helpful people around here who will do their best to point you in the right direction. And a few mischievous ones who will point you in the wrong direction just for laughs, but I swear I'm not one of 'em. Honest. :laugh:

youre not??

Welcome Zewe and apart from maybe the above post i agree with tress the social orgs are the way to go!!

There are a lot of helpful people around here who will do their best to point you in the right direction. And a few mischievous ones who will point you in the wrong direction just for laughs, but I swear I'm not one of 'em. Honest. :laugh:

youre not??

>.>

<.<

:laugh:

I'm totally not! I'm a Lightie, I'm too nice to misdirect people willfully.... now Shadowy types like you... *clears throat*

those awful Belgarion books, but still.

:ohmy: BLASPHEMY! The Belgariad was my first ever intoduction to fantasy and I loooove them for it :tongue:

:laugh: Welcome to DM Zewe!! Oh yes, do join the Social Orgs, we'd love to have you. Or have you been lurking in the Discussions side for all this time? :P

I'm personally a member of the Black Tower, where we live for spam, games, spam, tainted brownies, spam, One Power battles, spam, spam, bacon, spam and more spam. And we're all pretty much crazy from the taint. :wink:

You left out teh llamas...typical Lightie :wink:

Feel free to ask us any questions you have about the site, or just about anything else. There are a lot of helpful people around here who will do their best to point you in the right direction. And a few mischievous ones who will point you in the wrong direction just for laughs, but I swear I'm not one of 'em. Honest. :laugh:

:myrddraal:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived