DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Me, Brandon, and the Lovely Cadsuane

Luckers

I began transcribing the LibertyCon aMoL pannel, but Jenn informed me that there would be clearer audio coming so I stopped. In the mean time, apparently I scare Brandon when it comes to Cadsuane... lol.

Jenn: … is all like, what did you do, Brandon?

Brandon: Yes! ‘Brandon, why did you kill…’

Jenn: You killed Cadsuane, what’s wrong with you?

Joe: I would congratulate him for that one.

Brandon: I… ah… Luckers would just murder me.

Jenn: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah he would.

Brandon: He already is ready to murder me, because I don’t treat Cadsuane with the respect he… um… thinks I need to treat Cadsuane. There may be a legitimate gripe there. I don’t know.

Jenn: Yeah. Luckers is one of the Admins over at Dragonmount, and he has a few axes to grind.

Brandon: Yep. And Cadsuane is one of them.

Audience: [can’t make out] [then] ‘she gets better!’

Brandon: Every time I pop over to Dragonmount it seems like there is some thread about something and I look in and Luckers is complaining about Cadsuane.

Jenn: That’s about right.

Brandon: Every time.

Jenn: That sounds about right.

Brandon: It’s… it’s… it’s amazing. He’s like your guy’ses… your forums Jerry Pournelle.

[laughter]

Brandon: Jerry is always on the um… SFWA Forums. Um, and has an axe to grind. He’s always saying intelligent stuff, but it seems like he’s ALWAYS there. Um, saying his stuff. You click on a thread, and there is Jerry saying, you know, intelligent things, he’s Jerry Pournelle, he’s brilliant, but he’s always there, so, yeah. That’s Jerry, he does never not have an opinion.

Not sure what I think about that, lol. Here's the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tMX9OinNCYQ&ytsession=cdpg8B0yaD4c8wDn0UCMXUybN1Vrvx8hy1G1WqBYWVWhAnYuQx3vcfVNSBJSNa25IW59R1p-c7JqkRzqa8U1XY98WSW2Mpil_rZd_0s4HK8lgJ75uvE2rDiJ4ItYkgyK41CWgvf0e6nSmZlo0_ixqvJOZqn0W4uQWCLrUAsyuxaAc8NOpd1IPAfD2CEMI5MWRUE1con5MyAKA3YTRd7sTZe8SAX6tnIAsqKMBuiUKiI

Sounds like somebody's trying to nervously laugh off the thought of sooooommmmebody being abraham lincoln to his vampire...

And oh my gawd, an online forum administrator, posting online on the site he helps administer, frequently?

WWWooooo, look who's got jokes!

*hurridly places cup, for which to collect blown grey matter from ear canal(s).

Lol, honestly though he is correct, I usually do have something to say about things... I'm just not certain of the idea that I just complain about Cadsuane and grind my axe.

Still, to be fully honest, this amused me greatly.

You should be amused. There's a bunch of people in Tennessee who are all "Who is Luckers?" and are deeply confused.

I am certain that the reason Cadsuane came up is because April Moore, who is pretty well known at conventions for her Cadsuane cosplay was sitting in the middle of the room. Brandon says he pictures her now when he thinks of Cadsuane.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/050/f/d/cadsuane_melaidhrin_of_the_green_ajah_by_tnsabregirl-d4qbk22.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/postwhatever/page3/

You should be amused. There's a bunch of people in Tennessee who are all "Who is Luckers?" and are deeply confused.

I am certain that the reason Cadsuane came up is because April Moore, who is pretty well known at conventions for her Cadsuane cosplay was sitting in the middle of the room. Brandon says he pictures her now when he thinks of Cadsuane.

http://fc08.devianta...irl-d4qbk22.jpg

http://www.flickr.co...whatever/page3/

She needs to place her bun on the top of her head, not at the back. Here: cadsuane.jpg

That's an awesome Mat outfit on there. What was the weapon made out of, if you saw it?

That's an awesome Mat outfit on there. What was the weapon made out of, if you saw it?

I believe it's made of fiberglass. Not sure.

You should feel proud! You must be high in the Great Lord's council to make Brandon nervous. Has He given you access to the True Power?

It is clear that you are one of Cadsuane's greatest advocates, if not her biggest, but I didn't think you went on too much about her. There is still a lot of Cadsuane-hate out there, and you just reply to it, as you would on a forum dedicated to the Wheel.

You have opinions on a lot of things, but no more than many others here. Perhaps it is because you are among the most well known? LUCKERS IS FAMOUS!!!

Being guilty of my fare share of character-fanboy-ness, I don't see anything wrong with your Cadsuane-love :tongue:

Luckily, Brandon seems fond of Demandred, and writes brooding characters quite well, so I have had little reason to discuss it (and the fact he basically hasn't been in the story :laugh:)

I'm sure Brandon was quite relieved when he saw that Luckers lived in Sydney, that way he'd atleast have a headstart from his Aussie-rage. I think we'll know something bad happens to Cadsuane when the delivery of AMOL to Australia is delayed for some reason.

You should feel proud! You must be high in the Great Lord's council to make Brandon nervous. Has He given you access to the True Power?

I AM THE GREAT LORD. FEAR ME AND MY MIGHTY VOICE.

Watch out, Brandon. Luckers is out to get you. As soon as he gets his hands on that Death Note you're done for.

You should also warn him that, as an Australian, I spit acid and have lazerbeam eyes.

I'm sure Brandon was quite relieved when he saw that Luckers lived in Sydney, that way he'd atleast have a headstart from his Aussie-rage. I think we'll know something bad happens to Cadsuane when the delivery of AMOL to Australia is delayed for some reason.

My eyes and ears are everywhere. Delays will not slow my rage.

Seriously though, I think Cadsuane is probably slated for death--I just hope that it is a good death, and not a cathartic release for Brandon's appeal to the fandom's Cadsuane hate, like the scene between Tam and Cadsuane which utterly ruined Tam's victory over her.

But seriously. I don't have any axes to grind. I swear. :P

Watch out, Brandon. Luckers is out to get you. As soon as he gets his hands on that Death Note you're done for.

You should also warn him that, as an Australian, I spit acid and have lazerbeam eyes.

My eyes and ears are everywhere. Delays will not slow my rage.

Seriously though, I think Cadsuane is probably slated for death--I just hope that it is a good death, and not a cathartic release for Brandon's appeal to the fandom's Cadsuane hate, like the scene between Tam and Cadsuane which utterly ruined Tam's victory over her.

But seriously. I don't have any axes to grind. I swear. :P

I believe that, you dont seem like an axe person to me...

Brandon, dont eat/drink for the couple months following the aMoL...

Whenever I read God characters in all Caps in my head I think: I AM A GOD, YET LIKE A 5 YEAR OLD I HAVE NOT YET MASTERED THE ART OF WHISPERING TO GET MY POINT ACROSS, WITH ALL OF ETERNITY TO LOOK FORWARD TOO YOU WOULD THINK I'D MASTER IT AT SOME POINT, BUT ALAS I DON'T. INSERT REALLY LOUD SIGH HERE

Then my best friend wonders why I chuckle to myself when I'm trying to teach my goddaughter/his daughter how to whisper and she's all UNCLE TEDDY I AM WHISPERING.

Archived