DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I am Finn and new here

Darki'n

Hello all,

I'm new in Dragonmount. I've read whole WoT during one year, and I wait for the last book eagerly. This is the best fantasy series I have ever read. I live in Finland, and so I am a Finn! I am also fairly young, so my English isn't perfect, but I trust it's quite good. That's all I have to say. I hope you welcome me here!

Welcome, Darki'n! Glad you've found us! We're happy to get to know you -- there are a lot of members here for whom English is a second language (or third, for that matter), so you're not alone. You'll manage just fine making yourself understood. :smile:

Who's your favorite character? Do you have a favorite book so far, or a favorite scene you like to re-read?

I always like to make sure people check out the Social Community section of the site. It took me about a year to start looking at that section of the forums, and I feel like I missed out on a lot! Each of the Social Groups has a bit of a different focus and a different atmosphere, and you're welcome to join as many as you like. Feel free to poke around all of the forums and see what interests you... there are games to play, discussions to be had, and new friends to make. :smile:

And if you have any questions, make sure to ask. There are a lot of helpful people around here who will point you in the right direction!

Have fun! :biggrin:

I've read few other fantasy series too, Harry Potter and LOTR of course. Potter was very interesting and I read it in month. There was many amazing plot twists in Potters, and I liked them very much. But the characters' personalities, especially the protagonists', were quite ordinary. Harry was a modest boy who didn't want to be a hero, Hermione a super-clever girl and so on. Snape was, though, very good character. So I mean to say, characters weren't Rowling's strength.

In WoT, almost every character is complex, Rand the most. It was very interesting to read when he almost turned evil and when he nearly destroyed the world. VoG was my favorite scene and TGS the best book. And my favorite characters... Maybe Rand, Perrin and Mat, Siuan, Birgitte... And of course Ishamael/ Moridin. I like his logic, for it IS true if DO can't be killed or destroyed other way.

There were answers to your questions. That might be bit long, but I like to write a lot, I am going to be a writer! Thank you for welcoming me here!

Welcome to DM, Darki'n! Hope we'll see you around the social side (White Tower & Warders ftw!) :)

My favourite racing driver is a Finn (Kimi Raikonen), so I'm quite partial to your country *grins*

I've read few other fantasy series too, Harry Potter and LOTR of course. Potter was very interesting and I read it in month. There was many amazing plot twists in Potters, and I liked them very much. But the characters' personalities, especially the protagonists', were quite ordinary. Harry was a modest boy who didn't want to be a hero, Hermione a super-clever girl and so on. Snape was, though, very good character. So I mean to say, characters weren't Rowling's strength.

In WoT, almost every character is complex, Rand the most. It was very interesting to read when he almost turned evil and when he nearly destroyed the world. VoG was my favorite scene and TGS the best book. And my favorite characters... Maybe Rand, Perrin and Mat, Siuan, Birgitte... And of course Ishamael/ Moridin. I like his logic, for it IS true if DO can't be killed or destroyed other way.

There were answers to your questions. That might be bit long, but I like to write a lot, I am going to be a writer! Thank you for welcoming me here!

there speaks a future Shadow!!!! Come to the BT where the Shadow waits for you!

Archived