DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Red2111

political meme's & lolz

"I dunno, with over 600,000 Jews in the LA area alone and only 250,000 living people in the entire state having passed the bar I think it's entirely possible an actual majority of lawyers in the area are Jewish. If not, they certainly make up a significant percentage regardless to give the impression."

Jews tend to be highly educated and succesful. They are overrepresented among the ranks of almost every top profession, and tend to be the top practitioners in said professions. Think, not only lawyers, but doctors, accountants, Hollywoood moguls and businessmen generally. In all such professions Jews are over-represented if you look at the entire population. However, if you take only the percentage of the population that is educated, competent and ambitious the Jewish over-representation is much less noticiable.

1 hour ago, CUBAREY said:

Best lawyer joke:

There were three survivors of an airplane crash that managed to swim to a deserted island when the plane crashed into the sea. After a few days without water or food the three were desperate and agreed to take turns attempting to swim back to the plane through shark infested waters to get supply.

The first to try was a Jewish rabbi who said a silent prayer and began swimming. He got 40 feet from shore when the sharks noticed him and attemted to attack him. He barely got back to the beach without being bitten. The next day the next survivor a Catholic priest who said a hail merry attempted to swim out but he only got 30 feet into the surf before the sharks attacked.

On the fourth day, the last survivor a lawyer simply said, "What the Hell" and began swimming to the plane. Instead of attacking him the sharks simply circled him all the way out to the plane and then back again. At this the Preist cried out that this was a miracle proof the their was a God. The Rabbi being older and wiser, demured, he said that it was only professional courtesy on the part of the sharks!

This joke is the most valuable content to come out of this ridiculous argument.

3 hours ago, CUBAREY said:

"I dunno, with over 600,000 Jews in the LA area alone and only 250,000 living people in the entire state having passed the bar I think it's entirely possible an actual majority of lawyers in the area are Jewish. If not, they certainly make up a significant percentage regardless to give the impression."

Jews tend to be highly educated and succesful. They are overrepresented among the ranks of almost every top profession, and tend to be the top practitioners in said professions. Think, not only lawyers, but doctors, accountants, Hollywoood moguls and businessmen generally. In all such professions Jews are over-represented if you look at the entire population. However, if you take only the percentage of the population that is educated, competent and ambitious the Jewish over-representation is much less noticiable.

When you live in diaspora and aren't allowed to acquire land or social status for hundreds of years, your society tends to place a high value on education.  There's also a big difference between over-represented and "most."  There are over 10 million people in Los Angeles County; Nolder might wanna check himself before he says something irreparable.

5 hours ago, CUBAREY said:

1 hour ago, WWWwombat said:

When you live in diaspora and aren't allowed to acquire land or social status for hundreds of years, your society tends to place a high value on education.  There's also a big difference between over-represented and "most."  There are over 10 million people in Los Angeles County; Nolder might wanna check himself before he says something irreparable.

I don't understand the problem you guys are seemingly taking with what i said.

It was a broad generalization and almost certainly incorrect.  Given stereotypes about Jewish lawyers that Cubarey has somewhat alluded to, someone who didn't know better might have taken it the wrong way.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

I know theres a 3 year difference. It doesn't mean anything (Well nothing important at least). I just chuckled at it

On 12/10/2018 at 7:56 PM, WWWwombat said:

It was a broad generalization and almost certainly incorrect.

Well that's why I found out the numbers. I can't be absolutely sure one way or another but given the numbers and my own personal experience with where I live I tend to believe that it might actually be correct. Doesn't mean I'm right of course and you're free to believe what you want.

On 12/10/2018 at 7:56 PM, WWWwombat said:

Given stereotypes about Jewish lawyers that Cubarey has somewhat alluded to, someone who didn't know better might have taken it the wrong way.

I don't know how. I didn't say anything about lawyers or Jews other than that in my area I think most lawyers ARE Jewish. I have no doubt that both Jews and lawyers have negative stereotypes associated with them but I didn't make any about either.

13 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Well that's why I found out the numbers. I can't be absolutely sure one way or another but given the numbers and my own personal experience with where I live I tend to believe that it might actually be correct. Doesn't mean I'm right of course and you're free to believe what you want.

I don't know how. I didn't say anything about lawyers or Jews other than that in my area I think most lawyers ARE Jewish. I have no doubt that both Jews and lawyers have negative stereotypes associated with them but I didn't make any about either.

You ignored his preface "Given Stereotypes about Jewish Lawyers"  It's not that you specificly made any derogatory comments but the observation in truth is normally followed by negative comments so we kind of read them into your comments. Maybe we were being unkind but considering that we are talking about very general held stereotypes maybe we can be forgiven for looking at your comments a bit askance.

Edited by CUBAREY

While funny, im not sure why you would want 9 russians spying, considering your and every other Republicans insistence that nothing happened.

That said, I looked it up, and I was actually surprised to see he has infact donated his quarterly salary every quarter. So hats off on that one, I think our politicians get paid to much so this is something I can unreservedly support him over.

9 hours ago, Lenlo said:

While funny, im not sure why you would want 9 russians spying, considering your and every other Republicans insistence that nothing happened.

That said, I looked it up, and I was actually surprised to see he has infact donated his quarterly salary every quarter. So hats off on that one, I think our politicians get paid to much so this is something I can unreservedly support him over.

I think it was sarcasm.

"While funny, im not sure why you would want 9 russians spying, considering your and every other Republicans insistence that nothing happened."

Most Republicsns do not doubt that the Russians interfeared in the 2016 election. We simply do not buy that such interference included a conspiracy that included Trump or that it's goal was to have Trump elected. 

Edited by CUBAREY

1 hour ago, SinisterDeath said:

Isn't hugging the flag like that supposed to be offensive?

Does it show disrespect for the Flag or for what it stands for. If not then it's not offensive.

20 hours ago, CUBAREY said:

Does it show disrespect for the Flag or for what it stands for. If not then it's not offensive.

Potentially. Letting it touch the ground is disrespectful. Not allowing it to fly free (ie restraining it) is disrespectful.

But nowhere in flag code does it even talk about hugging the flag. So I'm assuming if it's not covered by flag code, it must be something so completely out there that it's deemed disrespectful. 

From my understanding the only time you are even supposed to touch the flag are.

1) Folding it after ceremoniously lower the flag, to be stored inside.

2) Bringing it outside, unfolding it, and raising the flag.
3) When presenting the folded flag of a fallen soldier to a widow/next of kin. That's about the only time I've ever seen anyone hug a flag. And even then it was Folded and not being flown.

1 hour ago, SinisterDeath said:

Potentially. Letting it touch the ground is disrespectful. Not allowing it to fly free (ie restraining it) is disrespectful.

But nowhere in flag code does it even talk about hugging the flag. So I'm assuming if it's not covered by flag code, it must be something so completely out there that it's deemed disrespectful. 

From my understanding the only time you are even supposed to touch the flag are.

1) Folding it after ceremoniously lower the flag, to be stored inside.

2) Bringing it outside, unfolding it, and raising the flag.
3) When presenting the folded flag of a fallen soldier to a widow/next of kin. That's about the only time I've ever seen anyone hug a flag. And even then it was Folded and not being flown.

What? Typically when something isnt explicity stated in the rules, its assumed to not be against the rules. Not the other way around.

I was never on flag detail in the boy scouts, so I am not sure, but that just seems a bit... crazy?

Besides, if your ok with people expressing themselves by burning it, you really dont have a leg to stand on when talking about someone hugging it.

Ok, I saw this in the recent posts and I can speak on this. You are only supposed to burn a flag if it is too old to use any more and whenever it touches the ground.

18 minutes ago, Illian Tear said:

Ok, I saw this in the recent posts and I can speak on this. You are only supposed to burn a flag if it is too old to use any more and whenever it touches the ground.

Yeah, but some people do it to express disagreement with the Government. Its happened before as a form of protest.

If the Left supports that, they can't really get on Trump for hugging a flag, is my point.

Personally, I don't care. It's a piece of cloth.

8 hours ago, Lenlo said:

What? Typically when something isnt explicity stated in the rules, its assumed to not be against the rules. Not the other way around.

I was never on flag detail in the boy scouts, so I am not sure, but that just seems a bit... crazy?

Folding the Flag into a Swastika isn't explicitly covered by the flag code, but I'm pretty sure that's disrespecting the flag.

8 hours ago, Lenlo said:

Besides, if your ok with people expressing themselves by burning it, you really dont have a leg to stand on when talking about someone hugging it.

I do have a leg to stand on, when it comes to hypocrites that claim to respect the flag, that get offended by people disrespecting it and attempt to pass legislation to criminalize disrespecting the flag, but can't even follow the flag code to respect it themselves.

Edited by SinisterDeath

5 hours ago, Tyzack said:

No automatic alt text available.

#SoMuchWinning

How are foreign nationals part of the Trump Administration? Those foreign nationals are not charged with conspiring with Trump or anyone in his Administration instead they are indicted as paret of the Russians interference in the 2016 which has not been tied to Trump or those in his administration.