DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WoTOPOLY at the Black Tower: A fun quiz and cut-throat property empire game for all **Game On!!**

Thanks Ithi & Rhea!

You guys were great. This was way more fun than I was expecting and I got suuuuuuuper addicted. Despo posed a formidable opponent. That being said... I can sleep well again. ahhhh....

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Points Awarded*

The Final Results & Points WoTopoly

1st Place - Dragons

Millon 35

EP 35

Tina 35

BG 35

Kae 35

2nd Place - Callandor

Turin 30

Rand 30

Nyanna 30

Despo 30

Roo 30

Darthe 30

3rd Place - Foxes

Dice 25

Len 25

Shomofo 5

JohnSnow 25

Flash 5

4th Place - Dream Rings

Tress 20

Matrim 20

Basel 20

Niel 20,

Cindy 20

5th Place - Oath Rod

Tiinker 5

Razen 15

Smiley 15

Cyan 15

Ayla 15

6th Place - Horn of Valere

Nolder 10

Arez 10

Taltos 10

Locke 5

Mods

Ithi & Rhea - 40 Points Each

*Players were required to post more than 10 times to class as being active. Those who did not post in the game at all were not awarded points.

Yeah, I agree that next time the rent rule should be modified. I see part of the reason for it, a team shouldn't be able to collect rent if it's not paying attention. But making it first come first serve isn't fair either, cause it's not like there's set times for mod updates or anything. Quickest trigger finger made it pretty exasperating.

I think honestly the easiest solution is what I offered before, make it so that once a mod update post is done, and a team has someone land on one of their properties, they have until the next mod update post to claim rent. If they miss it during that time, then they miss it. But even if the other team types roll, they still have a chance to charge them rent. After all, you can be paying close attention to the game, but still easily miss out on chances to charge peeps rent if they post first, and because you can always edit after the fact they don't even really need to bold it and color it.

After all, this game wasn't being played realtime, it was done in random bursts of updates and stuffs, so people that had weird time schedules, etc., were at an inherent disadvantage. Only way I think it would have been fair to do the "first come, first served" method is if the updates came at a certain time, with plenty of forewarning for all teams.

I also don't think it was fair at all to be tracking the movement on the google doc before the update is posted. Can you change the security on those google docs or something? Maybe next time the mod can just post a screenshot of the board or something?

Yeah, I agree that next time the rent rule should be modified. I see part of the reason for it, a team shouldn't be able to collect rent if it's not paying attention. But making it first come first serve isn't fair either, cause it's not like there's set times for mod updates or anything. Quickest trigger finger made it pretty exasperating.

I think honestly the easiest solution is what I offered before, make it so that once a mod update post is done, and a team has someone land on one of their properties, they have until the next mod update post to claim rent. If they miss it during that time, then they miss it. But even if the other team types roll, they still have a chance to charge them rent. After all, you can be paying close attention to the game, but still easily miss out on chances to charge peeps rent if they post first, and because you can always edit after the fact they don't even really need to bold it and color it.

After all, this game wasn't being played realtime, it was done in random bursts of updates and stuffs, so people that had weird time schedules, etc., were at an inherent disadvantage. Only way I think it would have been fair to do the "first come, first served" method is if the updates came at a certain time, with plenty of forewarning for all teams.

I also don't think it was fair at all to be tracking the movement on the google doc before the update is posted. Can you change the security on those google docs or something? Maybe next time the mod can just post a screenshot of the board or something?

Ah, ya woulda' gotten first if I hadn't woken up randomly in the middle of the night and caught you and Oath Rod on my spot. Also the first time I rolled off your M'Hael's Palace I had literally just gotten home from the mall, saw an update on my phone and rolled as fast as I could without ever checkin' the Doc. Barely beat your rent claim. Not much ever happened during the day when I had the Doc open anyway. But you are right. There are some improvements to be made...

Admit it though. You were having fun too until you got grumpy in the end. You even had two chances at me today. I wasn't paying attention to one of them. Coulda got 2000 out of us.

WTF! I was on vacation in the States at the time.. If I had known this woulda been so damn fast-paced I wouldn't have signed up! After missing the beginning and the first 30 pages that happened in the period of only several hours I had no idea what I was supposed to do. Also had no idea how to act with my team about what to buy what not to buy cuz we didn't have a QT and everyone was rolling and I didn't know if I should roll incase someone wanted to sit on the place while debating whether to buy it or not (didn't know this cuz I was paaaages behind) and if I rolled I woulda screwed a teammate over. LOL.

Seems like a great game for the people involved though, looked like loads of fun!

Twas' Fun!!! THANKS

Thanks Ithi & Rhea!

You guys were great. This was way more fun than I was expecting and I got suuuuuuuper addicted. Despo posed a formidable opponent. That being said... I can sleep well again. ahhhh....

Who... That was fun but so very crazy. I cant even imagine what it was like on your end Ithi and Rhea.

*Cant wait for Risk. Must think ideas*

Thanks for the great game, mods!!

So did all of these guys...

:biggrin:

Nice job guys! Congrats to everyone!!! That was one heck of a game to mod!

Ithi...as always it was nice modding with you! Can't wait to do it again!

I do not endorse that even tho he is evil. it was fun to watch his soul get corrupted.

Hey... I was honest in all my dealings.

I meant that in a good way.

is virtual usury but is ok.

*nods*

All your properties are belong to me.

i'm pretty sure you're at level 9000...

Yar RheaMod! They would like Scrabble next. Imma gonna get to work on it ...

We Rock!

:highfive:

This would be interesting. I tried endlessly to figure out how to run Scrabble on the forum in the WT dorms, but never was able to make it work enough to post a thread.

It ended while I was sleeping? *mutters* Ooh look I got pointsies! :happy: Sorry I wasn't so active guys. It was hard to follow along when everything was always happening while I was sleeping :dry: Anywho, thanks Rhea and Ithi for an awesome game!! :biggrin:

It was def a great game to play, I can't deny that I became fixated upon it. And Ithi and Rhea did a wonderful job creating and modding the game for us, thank you both. Sorry I can be such a grumpy grover sometimes...

Either way, I had fun even tho we came soooo close to winning, and I hope to see something like this again in the future! Even if I help mod it, so that I can't get all uber competitive and cranky lol

Archived