DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello All! Nice to be Here!

Starrik

Hi! New fan and new member, currently on book 8 of the series, recommended to the site by my good friend the Bard Babe! Looking forward to rping, and having a great time with all of the WoT fans out there! Big fan of sci-fi and fantasy (Harry Potter, Star Wars, Dr Who, Lord of the Rings), books of most kinds, architechture, trees and history!

I've got plans for a rather un-Ogier-like Ogier, who wants to be a Warder (yeah, I know that is against the criteria, but he's going to try his best.) I'm interested in the rather...uh ancient styles of architechture. Egyptian, Roman, Greek, and so on and so forth. Medieval, back. Although there are some pretty epic German Cathedrals, all over the place that I saw on an exchange. I just love trees. They're tall, like me! Thanks for the welcome!

He really does like trees. We were all running around the town taking pictures of fountains and people and things, and he's still back in the park looking at the trees. XD

By the way Starry, you should join the wolfkin-we are the nature group, and you can sate your love for trees. :)

Welcome to DM!

Hey, another HP fan! Keep an eye out for HP Week with the Blue Ajah on the Social Group side. It'll take place in the WT July 25-31.

I love trees, too. Real trees. Not just the slash pines we have here. Some of the old water oaks are nice, though. And the magnolia trees. But the trees I really love are those you find farther north. Trees like you find in Colorado or Montana. And water . . . clear, sparkling, running water leaping and laughing over rocks and boulders, dancing its way downhill to eventually find a home in lakes and oceans.

And old architecture - definitely! One thing I'd LOVE to do some day is take my kids to Germany and show them all the places I loved visiting as kid when my dad was stationed there. My favorite castle was Burg Eltz. My dad's favorite was Ludwig's castle (chateau) at Chiemsee.

I'm not on the RP side (yet - maybe someday) but I hope we see you on the social side. I think you'll enjoy exploring. Be sure to check out the White Tower (especially for HP Week!). :smile:

Hey, great to have another tree-lover around. I'm not sure what the different kinds of trees you have in the states are, I just know that some of these gums we have get dull after a while. I do adore Jacarandas though, great big trees that flower in a cascade of purple flowers every year. My home town just goes purple right before university exam time ever year. Driving through the streets, you can look out onto valleys, and see a criss-cross of purple, going everywhere! I might have to check out the Blue Ajah, once those Ogiers realise they've got a new member. To be fair, I've only been on a day, and they are Ogier.

Welcome, Starrik!! Glad BB sucked you in, we love fresh meat new faces around here!

I'll second Daruya's suggestion to check out the social groups - sounds like you're already poking around there, which is awesome. Feel free to join as many of the groups as interest you, each of them has a bit of a different focus and feel to them. Personally, I'm a member of the Black Tower, which is all about the spam, games, spam, random taint-induced insanity, spam, bacon, brownies, One Power battles and spam. :wink:

Which of the characters is your favorite so far? We'll try not to spoil you on the books you haven't read yet - but you may want to be careful in the General Wheel of Time Discussion forums, because the spoilers aren't marked, and they are rampant.

Have fun, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. The folks around these parts are mighty helpful, and will tell you whatever they want you you want to know. :laugh:

Hard to pick favourites, but I'd go with, well all of Rand's lovers, Perrin and Faile and Loial. Rand is just peeving me off at the moment, and Mat is, well rather too loud, and uhhh, foward for me to really get his character. He can be hilarious though!

Hey, great to have another tree-lover around. I'm not sure what the different kinds of trees you have in the states are, I just know that some of these gums we have get dull after a while. I do adore Jacarandas though, great big trees that flower in a cascade of purple flowers every year. My home town just goes purple right before university exam time ever year. Driving through the streets, you can look out onto valleys, and see a criss-cross of purple, going everywhere! I might have to check out the Blue Ajah, once those Ogiers realise they've got a new member. To be fair, I've only been on a day, and they are Ogier.

You sure you don't live in Pretoria? lol

I love trees too - I want to move to a place like Canada, or somewhere else that it's green and has lots of forests. I was definitely born in the wrong country :P

Archived