DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What are the unanswered questions?

JenniferL

I'm putting together an activity for Dragon*Con and I don't have time to go wading through seven thousand pages of forum discussion. What are some of the questions that we have at the end of TOM? It can big stuff like "Who is Demandred?" to smaller stuff like "Will Rand and Galad ever met and talk about Tigraine?" Help me refresh my memory on some of this stuff, because my head is so full of grad school I can't even think of what happened in the last book right now.

And for the love of god, just list questions and some likely answers. Don't go crazy with evidence or arguing. I know that's asking a lot of some of you.

What's happening to Graendal? My answer: she's in Hawaii sipping Mai Tais while dining on short ribs.

Which Seanchan woman saves Egwene? I'll go with Ravashi or Chimal. Unless you pretend that they were assasinated by Semirhage.

Is Covril a Darkfriend? No, just a meanie.

Is Sorilea a Darkfriend? No, but she's got a dark sense of humor.

Is Mat going to save Camelyn? Of course, and rubbing it in Elayne's face the whole way.

Will Egwene marry Gawyn? No, she'll realize he's a putz at the altar and run away.

Will Aviendha save the Aiel by getting in on the Dragon's Peace? Darn it. Too late.

What will Moiraine bring to Rand that "saves the world"? 30 sliders, 5 french fries, and 4 large cherry cokes.

Will Perrin find The Song? Yep, and he's disappointed to learn... it's MacArthur Park. The Richard Harris version.

Who survives The Last Battle? The cockroaches.

Will Fain help Rand (unintentionally)? IDK.

Why was Elyas worried about being severed? He can't channel. Or would being severed disconnect him from his wolf powers?

Rand doesnt show his sickness before channelling in ToM. Is he using the True Power or the One power?

What happened to the Fat Man statue?

Will the Foxhead Medallion Copy that was stolen resurface?

Is Alanna a darkfriend?

Is Sleete a darkfriend?

Could Nyn heal an Aes Sedia that has been 'burnt out' in the same way she has healed stilling?

Does Rand know he has a half-brother? Will they talk about it before the end?

Can the Dark One see through any darkfriends eyes? If not, why does Rand's light hurt them so much?

Is Bridgette still tied to Gaidel, or will they be spun out apart from now on?

Did Rand absorb The Eye of the World, or was it used up? Does he still have access to that power?

Is the reason why Elayne cant perfect Ter'angreal because you have to use both saiden and saidar to make them?

Will Nynaeve try to pull her nonexistent braid?

Will Cadsuane be secretely proud of the foolish boy?

Will Min actually use her knives with any proficiency?

Seriously though.

Almost zero screen time for Shaidar Haran. What is his true purpose?

Fain? Really? Just bits and tickles for many books now.

The completely frustrating Sea Folk. What is their purpose beyond just being completely annoying?

Allana Mosvani? There is a reason for her that I just cannot reason out.

Tuon. Freaking love her. But. She scares me. Whats she gonna do?

Olver. Crazy or rational (in a crazy way)

Elayne. After so many baths she is washed from crazy self destructive.......nevermind.

Of course Taim and who he is. Really.

Demandred. Who? Where?

Elaida. Will she still have a role to play?

Is Egwene under mild compulsion?

Rand and Moridins link. What does it mean?

What will happen when Moiraine meets Rand again?

The book jacket of AMOL implies that Mat will immediately seek out Tuon. What does that bode for the arc of Moiraine meeting with Rand? Or for that matter Mat retrieving the HOV from the Tower?

I have alot more but; you get the gist.

In TFoH prologue, Alviarin and Messana are part of Elaida's council and they suggest sending Aes Sedai to Tenobia. Is Tenobia a darkfriend? Is she being compelled?

Is slayer a wolfbrother? If so, was either Luc or Isam a wolfbrother before the merge or Is it a byproduct of it?

Guest Dragonsword152

One unanswered question I have been curious about has to do with Narishma. Rand read a prophecy pertaining to Callandor "who draws it out will follow after him". Rand trusted Narishma to get Callandor for him from the stone of tear and Narishma is one of the few who has the talent of saidan born in him instead of having to learn it. Maybe I am reading too much into this but I believe Narishma has an important role to play in the final book. Any ideas?

Jennifer, I'll try coming up with some questions soon, but what I really want answered is are we going to get another sweet trailer for the last book, like we did at Dragon*Con 2010 for TOM?? And since Brandon just did a reading at ComicCon, will we be getting another reading at Dragon*Con? :biggrin:

Jennifer, I'll try coming up with some questions soon, but what I really want answered is are we going to get another sweet trailer for the last book, like we did at Dragon*Con 2010 for TOM?? And since Brandon just did a reading at ComicCon, will we be getting another reading at Dragon*Con? :biggrin:

Tor was unable to secure the film rights to make another trailer. So there won't be one this time. Brandon will do a reading, but I'm uncertain if it'll be a new passage or something that was read before. I am assuming new, because he's already read the wind passage at two conventions.

Archived