DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The reunification of the three taver'en

Now that Mat and Perrin have accomplished their personal goals, it is time for the three to be reunited again. Physically they are in proximity of each other in Altara yet there is danger lurking.

How could this reunification take place.

1) Mat... Mat is heading north towards the Tower of Ghenji in an attempt to rescue Moiraine. He also needs to contact Rand to fulfill his promise to Aludra about having Dragons made. Galad is in in Nothern Ghealdean heading north seeking anyone who is fighting the Seanchan. Galad will and the Whitecloaks will come upon the remains of one of Mat's battles adn pursue Mat to link up with him.

Mat and Galad met in the Dragon Reborn so their is a mutual respect which makes teaming up a real possibility. The Whitecloaks will respect the ability if a small army to whip a larger one. Both will head north with an army twice its original size which will attract the Seanchan no doubt.

Rand... is stuck in northern Altara waiting for an emissary from the DOTNM to arrange a truce.Rand is seeking Mat as they come closer together the Taver'en pull will draw then together pull or Mat's scouts will locate Rand and they will meet. Galad will discover he is Rand's half brother and that will bind the renegade Whitecloaks to Rand's alliance of nations. When Rand finds out the Mat is married to Tuon they will work to gether to bind the DOTNM and the Seanchan to the DR. My guess is that Verin will appear with the Horn of Valere and MAt will sound it at the meeting between Tuon and Rand.

When Tuon realizes that Hawkwing follows the DR she will bind the Seanchan to him as well. Rand also needs Thom's guidance to offset the influence from the Aes Sedai.

A small side issue here is that Setalle Anan will meet with Cadsuane and be healed from burnout by Damer Flynn, or by Flynn and Nynaeve together revealing herself to be Martine Janata. She will go to Caemlyn to help Elayne make angreal.

Perrin... is in Eastern Ghealdean or Altara heading north. He will be the last to arrive since he has the largest and the slowest contingent to move. when he does arrive he will have to deal with Byar and Bornhald who believe he is a darkfriend. Since he has made an alliance with the Seanchan already through Tylee Khirgan he will likely bring more influence on the Seanchan to follow Rand. He also brings Masema with him which was his primary goal.

Nynaeve will attempt to heal Masema of his madness based on what she has learned from Semirhage.

Another side issue is that Morgase will be revealed for who she is. She cannot pretend to disavow Galad as her son. it will also fulfill Min's viewing of Galad and Berelain.

Will Mat rescue Moiraine before or after meeting with Rand? It is not really important. Moiraine is key to fulfilling Cadsuane's goal which is to teach Rand laughter and tears again.

The meeting between Cadsuane and Moiraine will be fascinating. Both see themselves as the DR's best hope for success and yet they both are willing to give him enough rope to fulfill his destiny. This meeting could rival Dumai Wells or the Choedan Kal in terms of intensity. It reminds me of the rivalry between Sorilea and Amys as heads of the Wise Ones. sparks should fly with Min being the only one able to make any sense of it.

Are we sure that Masema won't allow them to move by gateways? He's pretty much understrength after the Shaido battle. I don't see him having much say in the matter of movement anymore.

I think Perrin is much nearer Galad then Mat is and Mat is moving into Murandy before going north into Andor. So Perrin will probably meet up with Galad first.

Rand is travelling from the northwest to the southest as we hear from Elayne thoughts, so he's not stuck in Altara. There must be a much easier way for him to be contacted by Tuon. He's probably left instructions on where he wants the meeting.

The three ta'veren may not even have to meet before the truce is negotiated. Rand and his henchmen can solve that on their own. There's no need for Perrin to be there as I don't see Tylee Khirgan beeing there either. Mat could be a plus for Rand to have with him but I see him out rescuing Moiraine by this time.

A small side issue here is that Setalle Anan will meet with Cadsuane and be healed from burnout by Damer Flynn, or by Flynn and Nynaeve together revealing herself to be Martine Janata. She will go to Caemlyn to help Elayne make angreal.

Didn't Setalle Anan burn herself out? When you're burned out you can't even sense the True Source so it's probably not even healable.

Galad has seven thousand men on horseback. Perrin has almost a hundred thousand people with him. Gald will pull away from Perrin quickly. Neither of the ashaman with Perrin could make a gateway big enough to allow everyone to travel together. They will have to travel by road.

Rand has to wait for an answer from the DOTNM before he can move any great distance. which puts him on a collison course with Mat.

Stilling and Gentling cannot be healed. Pigs will fly first.

Is being burned out unhealable or do they simply not know how to do it?

Yeah they can't make a gateway bit enough for all the people at once but they can take smaller groups to where they need to go. But I do think that Perrin and Galad will meet up and Galad will join up with Perrin once they talk. Perrin gives Galad the quickest way to get to some fighting and to make a difference. Morgase will reveal herself and they may even ask to go to see Elayne. Mat and rand may very well meet up when the truce happens. I think that the mairrage will help because it give a real connection between the two sides and which may be key to after the Last Battle depending on whether Mat and Tuon survive it.

Masema is not with Perrin anymore. He fled Perrin's army and by the time the last book starts, he will probably be back with his rabble, or in the company of our other madman, Padan Fain.

I love the Fain idea. I am not certain that I see how it could come about, but I like it any way.

I am 99.99% sure that burnout can be healed because according to one of the Forsaken(can't remember the quote right now) burnout and stilling/gentling are severing. There is always a chance I am wrong on the healing but I know that quote was real.

As for the meeting I am waiting to see if Perrin meets up with Galad's whitecloaks cuz Bornholt and Buyar HATE him so it will be interesting to see if their pledges hold or if their hatred of Perrin is stronger.

The Horn of Valere thing is interesting and that could be what "bind the Daughter of the Nine Moons" is since Tuon may not believe in Ishamael tapering with the prophecy no matter who tells her, even Moridin. They are a very omen-concious people, for all we know Perrin being the wolfking and Tylee knowing it may "bind her" while Mat is of rescuing Moraine. I think the Perrin-wolfking scenario being more likely sure I see mat of rescuing Moraine concurrently and I see both near the beginning of the book.

So I see Perrin and Rand meeting first and Mat joining later with Moraine in tow but he has to before the end cuz he needs to blow the Horn before Shayol Ghul, I think.

I have a question, does anyone see any significance to Elyas being a Malkieri? I didn't read too much into the leather cord holding back his hair, did I? I thought it was a Hadouri. Thanks

All the Perrin's Ashaman have to do is keep the gateways open long enough for 100K people to pass through. Perrin is planning to take them back to the capital of Ghealdean, Jennahah (sp?).

Amys and Sorilea were rivals at first but they made peace to each other by water oath ceremony. They are now allies.

Mat won't be in Altara. He will be in Andor by the river above the Whitebridge town. That's where the Tower of Ghendrij is.

I didn't get the idea that Rand was where he was waiting for an answer. I thought after the meeting affair he went back to Tear.

I also have wondered why Rand didn't just Travel to Perrin or Mat. He thinks of one, sees that person, and his surroundings, gateways to the surroundings and there's his friend.

I also think that Perin & Galad will meet up first. But to complicate this meeting .. isn't there also a large body of Shiado in the area? Perin was warned of a group closing in when the rescue raid was under way.

Does Rand rock up in the nick of time to avoid a blood bath by opening a gateway & sending the Shaido back to the three fold land?

I very much want to see the Rand / Tam reunion :)

I think Matt and his small group will go onto rescue Moiraine. The indication was that it had to be Matt, Tomas and one other but none one else.

I handn't thought of Elyase as a Malkeri but I remember a comment about the leather band ... what could RJ make of it though?

One possibility nobody has mentioned about all these meetings...

What happens when Galad meets Morgase?

Galad is the man who always does what is right no matter who it hurts.

His entire justification for killing Eamon Valda was that Valda had been responsible for his mother's death. Since Morgase is alive, and Galad will now know that fact, what will he do? Will he see himself as a murderous usurper? Will he somehow be able to excuse himself on the basis of Valda's death having come in a duel?

What will the man who always does what is right do when he finally learns that his mother is alive?

Elyas could well be Malkeiri, but I'm not sure how that connects, he also could have been warder to a friend of Moiraines so Lan travelled with him alot, but it does make some good sense, I've always assumed that Jain Charin (farstrider)/Noah was malkieri so perhaps those two will recognise each other and beg to be sent North when they hear Lan is raising the Golden crane.

I dont think Galad will be very upset about killing Valda. If I remember the duel correctly Galad acuses him of raping her and killing her. The duel is as much about avenging her honour as her life. Galad will not feel any sympathy for the man who raped his mother.

• 3 weeks later...
One possibility nobody has mentioned about all these meetings...

What happens when Galad meets Morgase?

Galad is the man who always does what is right no matter who it hurts.

His entire justification for killing Eamon Valda was that Valda had been responsible for his mother's death. Since Morgase is alive' date=' and Galad will now know that fact, what will he do? Will he see himself as a murderous usurper? Will he somehow be able to excuse himself on the basis of Valda's death having come in a duel?

What will the man who always does what is right do when he finally learns that his mother is alive?[/quote']

i wondered this too. he is going to have one heck of a guilty conscience and it's going to be interesting to see how he deals with it. i think morgase being with perrin is going to be very key to galad (and the whitecloaks) accepting/aligning with him and also to him accepting rand. i can't wait for him and egwene (and gawyn) to meet up again, either. that should be interesting.

about stilling vs being burned out: there is enough evidence that they are not the same (ie, someone who is stilled can still feel the OP but someone who burned out can't) that i wouldn't be surprised if it can't be healed. as it's explained, healing someone who has been stilled is like reconnecting what's missing. tho now that i think about it, weren't some of the people that the asha'man healed in cairhien burned out when the OP backlashed on them when rand broke free of their shield? i can't remember and don't have book handy to reread it.

on the other hand, enough stuff has been said about only death can't be healed that i wouldn't be at all surprised if it could be healed. if i remember the what happened in cairhien right, maybe that is all a moot point since it's been shown it can be.

Several points.

I don't think Galad ever accused Valda of raping Morgase. Valda did try to infuriate Galad by telling him she was good in bed.

Tylee probably will be involved in any Seanchan movements as we read that she was promoted to Banner General just before Suroth got hers.

Alot of people (myself included) think the "man in white" is Galad.

this would make a lot of sense except for one small thing: min KNOWS galad and what he looks like so wouldn't she recognize him for who he is in her viewing? it's possible her viewings don't work quite that way, but that was my 1st question when this was brought up....it would make sense tho for the best looking guy in the series to hit it off with the best look woman in the series (except for lanfear).

Number one.

Galad accused Valda of Raping and murdering Morgase, Valda aknowledged the first either during or just before the fight between them, and rightfully claimed that he had no idea where she was.

on that point, I wish to mention that both Valda and Galad were honest with each other at that point in time. Though, Galad wrongfully assumed his mother was dead.

He will not lose sleep over Valda.

Number two.

The man in white may or may not be Galad, Min's viewings can be vauge even when she knows the people involved. OR, it could be Bronhald or Byar, which would be even more surprising.

Though my first thought on that "viewing" was of a Gai'shen or whatever their called. the Aiel servants. It makes more sense... "A man dressed all in white" than does a child of the light who wear polished steel armour and other colorful things like boots and stuff.

Number three.

the three way get together of Rand, Perrin and Mat, is obviously coming... it's the last book people... think!!! :)

As for how and in what order, who cares. RJ will make it good.

Number one.

Galad accused Valda of Raping and murdering Morgase' date=' Valda aknowledged the first either during or just before the fight between them, and rightfully claimed that he had no idea where she was.[/quote']

I'll have to agree with this one

"Eamon Valda, Child of the Light, I call you to Trial Beneath the Light for unlawful assault on the person of Morgase Trakand, Queen of Andor, and for her murder."

The part of acknowledging it was before the battle, as Galad walks back to Bornhald after and on the way to Bornhald achieves the oneness.

"The wench was hale the last I saw her, and if she's dead now, I'll regret it."... "She was the best ride I ever had, and I hope to ride her again one day."

Tylee was actually raised from Banner General to Lieutenant-General and the low Blood.. (Just had to nitpick.. Sorry)

this would make a lot of sense except for one small thing: min KNOWS galad and what he looks like so wouldn't she recognize him for who he is in her viewing?

She sometimes sees people who she knows symbolically represented in a way that is not immediately apparent. And sometimes she does know who it is and just doesn't say anything. We have very few Min POVs, and this particular viewing isn't in her thoughts for any of them.

So:

1) Maybe it was just a "man in white" symbolically represented, and she didn't recognize him, but it turns out to be Galad.

2) Maybe she did recognize him, but just didn't say anything.

or

3) Maybe its not Galad at all. The "evidence" is circumstantial at best.

Archived