DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Adam Baldwin as Lan Mandragoran

I think Adam Baldwin would make a great Lan in a movie adaptation. He's get that really quite,stoney "don't mess with me" kind of vibe. Through a top knot and armor on him and imo we got the ideal Lan.

What are your actor picks for Lan or any other characters in the series?

Well...... me being what I am and you being what you are... we're looking at him with different motivations, lets say.

It's the hardness around the eyes that matters. Seamas got it in the artwork. Caviezel is an example of that.

Yes, but the general consensus of those so inclined is that though Lan was pretty when he was younger, he's not now. Caviezel, by the judgement of those so inclined, is pretty.

.... which is why I said to add 10-20 years. Caviezel is still a boy in terms of hardship and suffering. Which is why very few actors, most of whom are soft and effeminate, could adequately portray Lan.

Clint Eastwood has a good sort of attitude for this part but his look is all wrong.

even the painting of lan is too pretty for his description. but honestly we are trying to figure out what rj thought was ugly and as the saying goes beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ex. i think i look good, but i am logically certain that there are many who would disagree. ugly is subjective (and i think i am a bit vain)

Well...... me being what I am and you being what you are... we're looking at him with different motivations, lets say.

It's the hardness around the eyes that matters. Seamas got it in the artwork. Caviezel is an example of that.

Yes, but the general consensus of those so inclined is that though Lan was pretty when he was younger, he's not now. Caviezel, by the judgement of those so inclined, is pretty.

Gary Busey fits the profile. But my money on Max Martini (from the Unit)

I like him in 30 Rock but don't see him as Lan at all.

That's Alec Baldwin in 30 rock... way too much teddybearish!

Adam Baldwin is good/bad guy in Firefly and, imo, looks to shifty to play Lan

even the painting of lan is too pretty for his description. but honestly we are trying to figure out what rj thought was ugly and as the saying goes beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ex. i think i look good, but i am logically certain that there are many who would disagree. ugly is subjective (and i think i am a bit vain)

Does RJ actually wrote that Lan was ugly. It seems that his face is always described as hard, but that does not necessarily mean ugly. Not pretty, OK but there are all sorts of nuances between ugly and pretty/handsome.

I know we are talking about actors in this thread, but Lan will always look like this to me:

new-spring-by-robert-jordan-ebook-493x750.jpg

med_gallery_2_2_89404.jpeg

I know those covers are rather recent, but when I first saw them, I wondered who had peeked inside my mind since I've pictured him like this since 1997. And I'm sticking with it so I won't approve of any actors who can't match it. :tongue:

Archived