DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WTF where's "The Creator"?

Moiraine seems to think that's impossible. From the Eye of the World, chapter 42, Rembrance of Dreams....

"The Pattern presents a crisis, and at the same time a way to surmount it. If I did not know it was impossible, I could almost believe the Creator is taking a hand. There is a way." [Moiraine] smiled as if at a private joke

Moridin, via Rand, suggests that the Creator has no particular interest in the world. From CoT; 24, A Strengthening Storm

The Creator had made the world and then left humankind to make of it what they would, a heaven or the Pit of Doom by their choosing. The Creator had made many worlds, watched each flower or die, and gone on to make endless worlds beyond. A gardener did not weep for each blossom that fell.

For an instant, he thought those must have been Lews Therin’s reflections. He had never gone on that way about the Creator or anything else that he recalled. But he could feel Lews Therin nodding in approval, a man listening to someone else.

Then we have the VOICE to consider, if indeed it was the Creator. From Eye of the World chapter 51, Against the Shadow.

I WILL TAKE NO PART.

Ultimatelty, it seems very unlikely the Creator will involve himself. It may not even be possible.

I vaguely remember there being a children story of sorts in the book that describe the whole conflict between The Creator and the Dark One.

But basically I've just assumed that The Creator is taking a hand in the whole matter through Rand, but it seems like The Creator would have some invested interest in not letting the whole of the Universe get unraveled by TDO.

I vaguely remember there being a children story of sorts in the book that describe the whole conflict between The Creator and the Dark One.

But basically I've just assumed that The Creator is taking a hand in the whole matter through Rand, but it seems like The Creator would have some invested interest in not letting the whole of the Universe get unraveled by TDO.

Per RJ the Creator takes no part. There are a number of quotes from him to that effect.

Archived