DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Banner Ads

Jason Denzel

• Administrator

I hate running stupid banner ads like this at DM. The "Shoot the Monkey", "Shoot the Duck", "Shoot the Hostage"..... What's DM? A banner site for the NRA. (Not even on a cold day in hell for that one)

Anyway, sorry for the crappy banners. I'm working with the ad agerncy to provide better ones.

Jason

Anyway' date=' sorry for the crappy banners. I'm working with the ad agerncy to provide better ones.

Jason[/quote']

Wait, so you mean that the 'William Shatner DVD Club' banner _wasn't_ an April Fools joke? *laughs*

Ben T-Shadar

"Where there's a grin, there's a knife."

Anyway' date=' sorry for the crappy banners. I'm working with the ad agerncy to provide better ones.

Jason[/quote']

Wait, so you mean that the 'William Shatner DVD Club' banner _wasn't_ an April Fools joke? *laughs*

Ben T-Shadar

"Where there's a grin, there's a knife."

thfbb96ca2.gif

Guest Karana Majin

My only criticism is that, for me at least, it has slowed the site down tremendously. In the first few weeks DM flew. It was as astonishing as it was gratifying. Now, not so much... and it always slows down right before the ad loads.

whats that egg thing about...?

The eggs are apparently little hatching things - I got mine from Jason's sig.

Also, on a random thought - I don't suppose you could tell us which of them pays the most per click, so we can know which to hit to help out?

It slows it down because it's on someone elses server so basically it has to go get them before it loads it.

Not much we can do about it except host our own, and I don't think that'll generate much money lol.

Mat

• Administrator

It does slow thew site down. Grrrr

My hope is to generate enough revenue by directly selling ad space. Once we can do that, we can dump the WIlliam Shatner DVD club. *shudder*

It does slow thew site down. Grrrr

My hope is to generate enough revenue by directly selling ad space. Once we can do that' date=' we can dump the WIlliam Shatner DVD club. *shudder*[/quote']

I - will-not - ...tolerate - slander-of -... Shatner's-name. 8)

what's with the freaky little girl? don't even know which ad she is from.

I think Silent Hill. Something like that, anyway; a girl's face started appearing under my mouse as I clicked, and the website said something about that before I closed it.

It sucks bandwidth cause it's the highest traffic area DM has. Sure everyone browsing thru checks out the gallery and the other information but how many ppl check the message boards at the same time, multiple times a day?

I'm not sure with the stats Jason is tracking if it's tracking specific urls, but there is a way to track just forum traffic. If it's not already done, it's just something you'd have to have in addition to.

But currently I don't think we track it.

Mat

• 1 month later...

I'm all for using banner ads to pay DM's bills so memebers can join at no cost. But Today I saw one of the Banner Ads was a link to a topless website (I supose, didn't go there on a company computer) but it said "Fantasy" on it. Is this right? It doesn't seem to go with the "famliy friendly" format of Dragonmount.

Archived