DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Game of Thrones - Mafia by Darthe and Ithillian - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

Darthe

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I walked into Panera today to order lunch. I went with my usual Pick Two order (Creamy Tomato & Sierra Turkey sandwich) and the clerk asked me what side I wanted. You see, at Panera Bread Co. there are three choices for side items. A bag of chips, a fresh juicy apple, or a stale piece of bread that they refer to with a fancy French name.

Well, the potato chips were right out because they are greasy Lays chips. More grease and salt than chip anyway, and many of my friends across the pond would imagine a chip being what we call french fries. These "chips" are wafer thin flakes of salt, grease, and a hint of potato.

I debated on the apple. After all, I'm trying to lose weight and avoid doctor visits (and steep doctor bills). Besides, they say that an apple provides almost as much energy as a cup of coffee. Then I remembered the last apple I ate. How my mouth foamed with each bite, causing me to drool all over myself as I chewed. The roughage upset my stomach and the taste would not go well with my soup and sandwich. Plus, a glance behind the counter and I could see that they didn't exactly pick the freshest apples of the bunch. For a student to give one of these bruised and likely worm-infested fruits to a teacher as a gift, it should be worthy of expulsion if not corporal punishment.

I was left with no other choice. I could have waived my side item, but I knew the turkey sandwich would not be enough. They give you a lot of soup and I would need something to balance the liquid tastiness of the creamy tomato blanket that will soon warm my mouth. The third option was plain and lacked the flair of the others, yet a stale piece of bread would be the perfect companion to my entourage of entree.

So, to explain my choice in side item it is clear. I could not order the chips. I could not order the apple. I could not decline a side item.

Hence... => Baguette!

Well, the potato chips were right out because they are greasy Lays chips. More grease and salt than chip anyway, and many of my friends across the pond would imagine a chip being what we call french fries. These "chips" are wafer thin flakes of salt, grease, and a hint of potato.

Mynd, you are unjustly overlooking the large amount of delicious empty space that comes in the bag. A bag of chips these days equals a half bag of chips, and a half bag of air.

^ This

Hahahaha. No Town should ever be unhappy that a Mafia got killed. Also, you were marked for death and would never have survived to used this alleged advantage.

mostly out of my own doing, for ruining my chance to make proclamations, I had big plans with the proclamation that was going to seal Despo's fate, then I could have acted more freely and probably got doc protection out of it.

The mistake Mynd made was assuming that no one would realise Robert Baratheon was not on the throne, my first question, before seeing who died night one after I got the PM saying I was KotN was "So Baratheon died then?" Then I saw that Basel (Robb) died and knew that Jeoffry sat on the throne, I think I mentioned it once or twice on day 2. I was blatently ignoring Mynd because he was defending me, I could have went after him at any point I was hoping Mynd's defense would get the rest of the town to sway to my side, but it didn't work because the 3rd party picked up on Mynd and killed him to soon. Though to be honest had we gotten despo day 2 I would never have figured out Lenlo so it was a lose lose situation whichever way it had gone down

Lol the mafia had an actual hit list this game. It was wonderful. Also, Ep.. If all three potential town kings hadn't needlessly revealed before day three the town probably would have taken this game in a landslide so I see where you are coming from on that. Reveals before L-2 are definitely a mafia advantage. After L-2 they really only serve for the rest of the phase then become null anyhow.

The mistake Mynd made was assuming that no one would realise Robert Baratheon was not on the throne, my first question, before seeing who died night one after I got the PM saying I was KotN was "So Baratheon died then?" Then I saw that Basel (Robb) died and knew that Jeoffry sat on the throne, I think I mentioned it once or twice on day 2. I was blatently ignoring Mynd because he was defending me, I could have went after him at any point I was hoping Mynd's defense would get the rest of the town to sway to my side, but it didn't work because the 3rd party picked up on Mynd and killed him to soon. Though to be honest had we gotten despo day 2 I would never have figured out Lenlo so it was a lose lose situation whichever way it had gone down

You do realize what that sounds like, right? You saying you SOOOO knew someone was scum, after the fact when it's common knowledge? Then claiming that your grand master plan would have won the game singlehandedly had you not been lynched day 2.

Just let it go bro lol. It was a good game, on both sides. Kinda went down to the wire, really. Mafia caught some breaks, but town caught some breaks. After all, if not for third party kills, we might have had a shot at batting a perfect game. Of course, if not for the third party's existence, we prob would have caught heat a lot sooner, but you never know. We did after all have a one time day end ability that could have saved one of us from a lynch. Used at the right time, it could have deflated the town's morale even MOAR after that uberleet L-1 ESKUHPAGGE by yours truly :baalzamon:

So why not just say GG, and take a crack at serving one back to us in the next game? :smile:

Lol the mafia had an actual hit list this game. It was wonderful. Also, Ep.. If all three potential town kings hadn't needlessly revealed before day three the town probably would have taken this game in a landslide so I see where you are coming from on that. Reveals before L-2 are definitely a mafia advantage. After L-2 they really only serve for the rest of the phase then become null anyhow.

I really loved how this game reinforced the concept that you can't rely on reveals too much, and that character hinting before absolutely necessary only helps out mafia. Only Jack's was necessary, and he prob could have false claimed a diff character. Even if called out on it, you can always then reveal that you were a major character and didn't want heat.

finally got a chance to read the dead QT and 3rd party QT. Very enlightening...

Thanks to the third party for showing up right when the mafia was in trouble. By shining the light on you guys we escaped. Thank goodness for messages.

THIS

Vote Turin Grand Mafia King MVP of this game

If for nothing else than for your last message to Tress right before she died. LAWLS! :laugh:

Is it too late for Turin to get bonus points? I didn't at the time cos I am worried about seeming to play favourites.

Also, I may make a new mafia game, that is all perfectly normal, apart from everyone just gets a random number. EP gets a BVP and is lynchproof Town and also has the power of veto - and can redirect the Town's lynch onto the player of his choice.

:biggrin:

Archived