DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Game of Thrones - Mafia by Darthe and Ithillian - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

Darthe

I didn't know any better lol. I did mod explain afterwards though that I'd just written them all out so people could see who came too late to the party.

What will we all do now, without this to fill our days. And Turin's proclamation mentioned thw whole Mafia team? Surely he didn't intend to do that :ohmy:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darg. Why would nobody lynch Despo? That's probably why I was killed over and over... but he was obviously scum, so I don't get it.

I was pushing Despo the whole time, it destracted me from Mynd to long, Lenlo I figured out because he came out of no where and started pressuring me. I figured out Mynd just before the third party killed him, I didn't say anything because I was trying to use his gambit to my advantage, I only figured Mynd out because he kept saying "My Prince" and not "My King" I realised when I recieved the Northern Throne that Baratheon was not king, the reason the thread was locked was my fault I slipped up and revealed to much about the Northern Throne which is why I could not vet myself day 2 I lost my proclamation abilities and what not I would have never got Turin early in the game, that was the one piece I missed at the beginning.

Incidently - the offer to Tress was genuine. Turin would have revealed as Joffers and let her Hammer him, but Razen would have died. Mafia would have still won that way, but so would Tress - although I don't know if that would have worked technically since Joff would have survived. But she said no and apparently 'nobody says no to Joffrey, so they NKd her instead and sent the letter to explain why.

I still can't believe you let Despo live aafter he got me lynched... it turned out I could have chosen either role or alignment view as well, my PM was pretty confusing then the whole King thing increased that confusion so I just kinda rolled with it :P

Just to point out once again, EP I didn't start the game out as mafia, and in fact I had already started FOS'ing you a good bit before I got recruited. At that point it just made sense to continue pressuring you. And even tho losing Mynd day 2 hurt, it also led to your speedlynch, which we were very happy about.

Overall tho, altho I think we played very well, there are two things that happened that essentially sealed the deal for us. The second thing wasn't too much of a mistake, the third party thought they could use Turin as a bodyguard so revealed their godfather. To the King of Mafia. :biggrin: Mainly just a lucky stroke on our part, altho it does go to show where trusting someone's claim can get you into trouble.

The first thing tho was all the character hinting. We got Robb based on that, and soon discovered a few others as well. And if I was a town power role in this game, I prob wouldn't have revealed my character or I would have lied. Getting Robb Stark (Basel), Jon Snow (Jack/Hoof), and Ned Stark (EP) all out in the open by day 2 helped us in a HUGE way, cause we figured taking out the Northern Throne completely would be a huge key to victory. And all the setup talk really did hamper yall in the early days as it took the focus off of scumhunting, which is why I always say that early setup talk is scummy

I actually didn't start in on you hardcore until late night 1 so I actually went at you about the time you should have already been chosen for recruiting, though you wouldn't have known it at the time, and neither did I, Turin stealing my role for the night really is why I went at you hardcore, because I was already going to view you, I figure it was a safety precaution since I might have gotten a mafia reading on you. we had a bit of banter earlier on butit was role steal that caused me to latch onto you, and due to misunderstandings it was pointless because I was going to view your role and not your alignment because I was unaware at the time I could view alignment.

It's actually kind of funny tho, Jack viewed me night 1 as well, and found out my role (vanilla) and character (Lysa). Had he been more active, he might have been able to vet my claim of Lysa, which would have helped keep pressure off me even moar :biggrin:

Good job mafia! I was completely fooled by all of you (but mynd, and only because Turin faked being upset lol)

It's actually kind of funny tho, Jack viewed me night 1 as well, and found out my role (vanilla) and character (Lysa). Had he been more active, he might have been able to vet my claim of Lysa, which would have helped keep pressure off me even moar :biggrin:

You scoundrel. I was concerned for you, I was ready to reveal your role and name to save you if you came close to lynch :P

I think this game proved that Role/Character claims are not necessarily a good thing, nor is relying on information contained in role PMs. Hoofie was onto Turin, and would have found out the truth had they not killed him that night and Rand checked him twice. All the reveals just gave the Mafia a great List of Death. Also, believing a Role Claim is what caused the 3rd party to reveal themselves to the Mafia.

Time to go back to Mafia Basics and figuring out who the Mafia are because of their behaviour I think, and for everyone to remember that you should trust NO-ONE in this Game :biggrin:

Good job mafia! I was completely fooled by all of you (but mynd, and only because Turin faked being upset lol)

You scoundrel. I was concerned for you, I was ready to reveal your role and name to save you if you came close to lynch :P

Hehe I was thinking about that when I saw the Mod action QT. Too bad I argued for offing you in your second skin, would have been nice to have you vet me :biggrin:

I think this game proved that Role/Character claims are not necessarily a good thing, nor is relying on information contained in role PMs. Hoofie was onto Turin, and would have found out the truth had they not killed him that night and Rand checked him twice. All the reveals just gave the Mafia a great List of Death. Also, believing a Role Claim is what caused the 3rd party to reveal themselves to the Mafia.

Time to go back to Mafia Basics and figuring out who the Mafia are because of their behaviour I think, and for everyone to remember that you should trust NO-ONE in this Game :biggrin:

*in loud booming Peter O'Toole voice*

THIS

Great fun game darthe. Excellent help getting my actions requests while I was in the boondocks Ithi :wub: I hope to read the qt threads this weekend.

Mafia was very fortunate to catch some breaks. It could have gone very differently.

Andrew did a fantastic job being vote controlled. I only killed him the next day cause I needed to do it right away and his name popped in my head.

Archived