DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Game of Thrones - Mafia by Darthe and Ithillian - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

Darthe

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, just kinda glanced through (for mentions of me...)

I do seem to be getting Doc all the time recently. I don't even like being Doc that much... too much pressure and everyone thinks they know better than you. Meh. Smooth move on switching my action. Killed me off right and proper.

I felt like Turin was a big lurker this game. He made 62 posts total. Never rocked any boats or made said anything particularly memorable that I remember after the partially fake spat with Mynd at the beginning.

Yes! I was hinting so hard at the beginning that I knew who Turin was. I was going to try and steal the win for myself, but everytime, someone came forward with information that got me pushed to the side. I knew he was king since Day 1. And I was plotting each and every one of the next days to figure out how to betray him. Oh well. At least I win at the end though! :biggrin:

nice game guys and girls!!

i shoulda signed up from the start but this way i got to take part but didnt die! 3-1 for me yay!

If i ever get to be scum again doing it with these 4 would teach me SOOOOO much. I know that DPR thought the mafia had no chance but honestly with those three originals it always had a good shot add despo and town was done! stick a neddle in it!

That was a fun game, Mods. One thing I am wondering:

The Mod QT lists Robb's special bits as including that if an NK on Robb is attempted, it will kill Eddard instead. What kept this from coming true? Eddard was still around when I died as Robb. Did Turin switching roles with EP that night have anything to do with it? Since EP was turned vanilla for a night, did that affect Robb's NK?

Also ... Bad Razen. Your win condition was to protect him. If it was decided you turned him over on purpose you would have lost.

:meanmod:

Hehe... I didn't know that I'd win with the mafia at the end due to Turin surviving. I thought I needed Turin to get lynched in order for me to have any shot at fulfilling the personal win.

That was a fun game, Mods. One thing I am wondering:

The Mod QT lists Robb's special bits as including that if an NK on Robb is attempted, it will kill Eddard instead. What kept this from coming true? Eddard was still around when I died as Robb. Did Turin switching roles with EP that night have anything to do with it? Since EP was turned vanilla for a night, did that affect Robb's NK?

Yes actually. The way I wrote that, one of the hidden rules was that it was a joint power meaning that you both had to be involved in it for it to be successful. Sadly, Turin and the mafia team in general were both very lucky and very talented during this entire game. As a matter of fact, if they had not played so well and all three major investigative roles had not revealed themselves by day two the town would have almost certainly won this game. The likelyhood of something to that effect happening, however, is why the town had more chances to gain a King than the mafia or third party. :wink:

Okay, Here are all QT's cause I didn't see anyone object:

QT’s:

Mafia: Has the ability to kill one person every other phase, beginning night one. The mafia has a group QT. The members of it may post past death.

http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/yLwGp4xe8XS3

Third Party: Has the ability to kill one person as a group. The third party shares a QT. The members of it may post past death.

http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/csEGN5ysQWU

Each throne has it’s own QT that the member of it is given access to upon Kingship. This is where they are to submit their actions.

Iron Throne: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/tDKNJpC5ZmH

Northern Throne: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/KfHbvZzGPWi9

The Dead pieces share a QT:

http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/6guiKEVnGPFPg

For those interested in some advanced game setup talk, I will explain a bit more here:

The intention of this game was to be vastly different from other Game of Thrones Mafia games that have occurred on this site in the past. Due to the nature of the series, creating different concepts from it was relatively simple. I divided players initially by their character, whether they were truly manipulators in the Game of Thrones (players, mafia), pieces of the game (manipulatees, town), or servants of the realm (seperatist, third party). This setup allowed me to catagorize role vs. alignment very differently and also opened up a venue in which I could give key players very specific and unorthodox roles (Hodor, Daenerys, and of course Joffery all come quickly to mind). Some were chosen by things as simple as how they died in the series (Khal Drogo kills the man who kills him in the television show) and some were as complex as their characters underlying motivations and motifs (Tywin Lannister, though a poor individual, serves his family and his King faithfully whereas Sandor Clegane needs to find what he serves in life. Will he choose to serve a monster for security or will he follow his heart at the potential cost of victory?). I found that you all played to your characters extremely well and was very proud the entire game. And of course, once I played Ithillian's wonderful Star Wars Mafia game inspiration struck. I cannot deny, Kingship came from one master and was given to another. Ishmael forsaken as Darth Vader was so fascinating that my first thought after the game ended was "What would it be like with Three to Five competing for that power?" The King in the North, The Iron Throne, and The Final Throne were born. Truly any of them had the ability to change the entire game on their own (as Turin very well did). And passing their abilities grew stronger. Heritage. In the beginning this game looked to be a quick flop. I remember that TinaHel asked Turin directly if him and Myndrunner were mafia together within the first few pages. However, those two evil mafioso's managed not only to wiggle out of that but to turn it quickly onto the towns own Cop! In any case, the game was definitely slated to shift balance at many points just like the series did, and though it wasn't always my intention it played out as well as I could have hoped in the end. I would like to thank you all and give a very special thanks to Ithillian and Wes. Without the two of them this would never have been possible.

Here are some quick facts about the game:

In the initial player list Ithillian signed up in slot four. She would have been give the role of Sir Jorah Mormont.

When I was begging people to play my game I sent a message to Myndrunner and Ishmael Forsaken. Ishy declined but Mynd accepted, both around the same time. Looking at the list then, Ishmael forsaken, had he accepted, would have been mafia again (Potentially with Turin and Myndrunner), or Third Party.

Seven people were replaced in this game.

When blackhoof got the role of Hodor I almost cried I laughed so hard.

Almost every character fit decently with the player it was given to.

Without Ithillian we would not have pictures representing the different thrones (the second of which was only used once), scenes would have only happened two to three times a day, and I would have been lost in this game. She truly has earned more praise than I can give. She had to moderate me a fair bit =p

I accidentally mod confirmed songstress as town by agreeing with another player (Razen I believe) that called her town! None of you noticed..

Most people do not read scenes well enough. Enough hints were dropped in them to almost be able and play the game on scenes alone.

Turin Turambar's first proclamation references each starting member of the mafia team. =)

My favorite bit of evil in the game comes from the fore-mentioned King. He, posing as the deceased Northern Throne, sent a "last will and testament" to Rand claiming to have viewed Sakaea as third party. He also sent one to Songstress poking fun at her and bragging about killing her.

Eternal Phoenix had 3/4 of the mafia pegged by day two.

That is all I can think of for now. Don't forget that I will be hosting again in roughly a month or two! The Ultimate Showdown is going to be out of this world, and as a teaser for you all I will leave you with this hint:

Shrubbery, Nitwit, in 3D, Horizontal Elevator, Noobcake, Fava, SAG, "Bark!"

I accidentally mod confirmed songstress as town by agreeing with another player (Razen I believe) that called her town! None of you noticed..

Totally missed that. Hah.

I still can't believe I actually managed to fulfill my win condition. *shakes head*

Why was Lenlo's vote even counted on EP's final vote if I was the hammer? I argued that point so hard with him, :laugh:

After being ninjaed by you Tress I facepalmed to hard. I thought many many times "It would have been better if I hadnt voted at all"

Probably would have lasted longer if it wasnt for that.

Archived