DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Game of Thrones - Mafia by Darthe and Ithillian - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

Darthe

How can you play without making scenarios and link people together? Can´t take the "links" as a fact until later but it´s hard not to think "hm, why did he do that - to protect her?".

Yeah you can make links, but trying to draw people into your big assumptions by saying "If this person is scum then this person is" when you've made your case on such a rickety foundation. That's poop.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, so much happened whileI was watching LOTR extended edition blu-ray, hence..-->baguette. Hehe that was fun.

Anyways, I am going to keep my vote on Basel for now for setting up trains on the three biggest people at that time. Seems like he wants a huge safety net where he can just keep picking off more town from.

I dislike all of the tying of players together that is going on in this game. The player that I've seen encourage this tying players together the most is Basel, due to his inclusion of those three on his list, along with Arez, who has buddied up to Mynd. But I'm also interested by Jack, who voted for Despo after reading his elaborate post defending Turin, (tying them together, btw), but then switched to Basel for that list. Tying Despo to Turin, and then going after someone who had tied them to Mynd and casting the groundwork for future lynches.

Well, after this round of discussion, my current list of players to watch is this:

Turin

Despo

Mynd

Arez

I am guessing that two of these are scum, and the others are aomg the ones that haven't drawn heavy suspicion yet. Turin's overreaction to Mynd is drawing the most interest from me right now, so I will vote Turin.

Exceptional defense of Turin. I applaud.

Vote Despo

No offense, but it's really to early to narrow your sights that much with this little information. It's fine if you'd of said those are the best nets for scum today, but saying 2 out of 4 people you suspect are scum is really interesting to me. You have given yourself a pretty wide net and potentially started ground work on future lynches. If you are mafia and one of those are your teammates then you've also left yourself room to vet yourself. Yeah that post pings.

Unvote and vote Basel

Mafia tend to defend townies to make themselves look more townie whenever the person they are defending flips town.

Mafia also tend to vote their teammates to establish some distance and then unvote them later on to avoid actually getting hem lynched. Kind of like how you started out with Despo, and then unvoted him. A man might actually be suspicious of this. A man might also deny you a baguette for this.

This is something that has always baffled me in games lately. When did we start to assume that if player A makes a case that makes sense to them, that they expect players B-Z to swallow it unquestioningly? We all should be scum-hunting, unless you are scum and therefore should be distracting and discrediting. I am fairly confident in the gameplay abilities of everyone in this game, at least enough to make their own cases. Then we all either agree or disagree and move forward.

When I present a case that makes sense for me, I leave it up for others to debate. To imply that others will follow what I say blindly or that I expect them to is insulting to them and me.

@Darthe: as to the voting order, I think it would be better if you presented it chronologically. Quite a few players like to read something about someone's alignment based on whether they were first, third, eleventy-first, etc., on a lynch. If you write them in alphabetical order, then that means players must go back through the pots and piece it together on their own.

Wow, you people post so much.

Well, after this round of discussion, my current list of players to watch is this:

Turin

Despo

Mynd

Arez

I am guessing that two of these are scum, and the others are aomg the ones that haven't drawn heavy suspicion yet. Turin's overreaction to Mynd is drawing the most interest from me right now, so I will vote Turin.

No offense, but it's really to early to narrow your sights that much with this little information. It's fine if you'd of said those are the best nets for scum today, but saying 2 out of 4 people you suspect are scum is really interesting to me. You have given yourself a pretty wide net and potentially started ground work on future lynches. If you are mafia and one of those are your teammates then you've also left yourself room to vet yourself. Yeah that post pings.

Unvote and vote Basel

I might have missed something (or misread something), and I haven't played all of you before. I have a feeling Mynd is rather provocative in most of his games, so I think he might be genuinely trying to do some scum hunting. I know I've done that kind of misjudging with Jack before. I'm not entirely convinced Mynd has been successful with Turin, though. I also happen to agree with most of Jack said in the post I just quoted. Guessing that 2 are scum seems a bit too easy. I get what Basel meant, though, or at least I think so. There seems to be 1 or 2 scum who keep a low profile most times - there has been in the very few games I've seen so far at least. But basically I think there isn't much to go on so far. I don't know if I'm prepared to vote on Basel, even so. Why was Arez on the list, by the way?

I am hardly desperate to discredit you. Your reasoning is broken. I am starting to think that your brain was in the big hat you used to wear. My vote hardly random. To think people assume them to be is insulting the intelligence of everyone that plays the game. Everyone votes for a reason. It is up to the players to decide what that reason is. As it was the second vote of the game and Despo has not even checked in it is pretty safe to assume that my vote is just what I said it was. That you are so obsessed with me at this point makes me wonder what you are.

Exactly! Everyone votes for a reason, and I called you out on yours. Deal with it. Own it. But don't OMGUS vote me because I am on to you. Let's be real here, you could have chosen any of the 21 other players on the list to vote for, why Despo of all players? Why are you trying to distance yourself from him?

What did I miss? Do Despo and Turin know each other in real life? Why would they have a reason to distance themselves from each other?

Then I really hope Jaqen h'ghar isnt in this game. "A man says..." "A man wants..." "A man desires..." I foretell seeing this PR happen.

A man is a badass and also a man is one of the best characters in the series.

QFT! Def my fave character

Too bad he hasn't resurfaced yet in the series :madmyrddraal:

What I don't like about Basel's post is that he's basically listing the three players who are the most in the spotlight already, and then Arez (who did buddy up to Mynd there pretty noticably). Kinda lazy scumhunting, just going for the active players. Seems like he's completely happy to keep town focused on the same 3 peeps.

Vote Basel

OK, I'm trying to read up on the stuff going on. If Arez if on the list just for buddying up to Mynd, then I agree with what Despothera said.

I am hardly desperate to discredit you. Your reasoning is broken. I am starting to think that your brain was in the big hat you used to wear. My vote hardly random. To think people assume them to be is insulting the intelligence of everyone that plays the game. Everyone votes for a reason. It is up to the players to decide what that reason is. As it was the second vote of the game and Despo has not even checked in it is pretty safe to assume that my vote is just what I said it was. That you are so obsessed with me at this point makes me wonder what you are.

Exactly! Everyone votes for a reason, and I called you out on yours. Deal with it. Own it. But don't OMGUS vote me because I am on to you. Let's be real here, you could have chosen any of the 21 other players on the list to vote for, why Despo of all players? Why are you trying to distance yourself from him?

What did I miss? Do Despo and Turin know each other in real life? Why would they have a reason to distance themselves from each other?

There is an issue that I have been instructed to avoid. You may ask the Mod for clarification if you wish; however, Turin and Despo can answer you on this. It would make sense for someone to get the idea to place them on a team together. It would also make sense for one of them to want the other out of the game because of certain issues. I cannot speak any more....my gameplay has been hindered from pursuing that avenue of questioning.

In regards to your comment and Despo's comment, I agree somewhat in that Basel is listing just the more active players, especially when scum tend to lay low during Day 1, joke voting each other. I contend that Turin would have layed low had I not poked him. It also bugs me that Arez has "buddied" up to me. That's a good sign of someone trying to avoid my wrath. I found a mafia symp that way once. Ask Talya.

Why was Arez on the list, by the way?

He struck me as buddying up to Mynd. I'm also watching Jack now, after his act of distancing from Despo by voting and then unvoting him. Or possibly Despo is town, and Jack is trying to lay more suspicion on him to set up a future lynch.

I don't like how so many are now trying to distract from the Turin/Despo case. Basel is always pinging me as scummy, but call me stark raving mad, his actions in this game seem to be simply trying to sort out who is who. I call that scum-hunting and those who would lynch one for scum-hunting I would consider scum.

So you are saying that Basel's list is scumhunting? He gave four names (all of whom have been at the center of attention today anyway) and said that two of them are probably scum. One, it relies on linking the players, when we have no clue whether any of you are scummates or not. That sounds more to me of sorting people into categories than actually scum hunting. Notice how Basel left the list vague on purpose. If he's wrong with one, just keep moving down the list and lynching people. It's a good scum technique. And one that I would have expected you to comment on.

But I do the exact same thing when I'm scum-hunting. You have to remember, scum work in tandem, trying to appear as if they are not....hence, bag-...hence Turin voting Despo as an example. Scum also tend to cozy up next to a highly active townie, much like Arez seems to be doing with me. One person is never scummy alone...sorting people into groups is trying to out the entire scum team.

It would make sense for someone to get the idea to place them on a team together. It would also make sense for one of them to want the other out of the game because of certain issues. I cannot speak any more....my gameplay has been hindered from pursuing that avenue of questioning.

I'm going to say that I don't buy either one of these as likely, Mynd. Or even plausible. Turin and Despo may very well be on a team together. But I have enough respect for "someone" as a person to know that "someone" would not do anything as unprofessional as putting two people she has close connections to on the same team deliberately. If random.org determines that it should be so, then that is a different matter. Nor do I have a low enough opinion of either one of them to think that they might want to get the other out of the game for external reasons, which would also be unprofessional.

I will respect the mods' apparent wishes after this post, and not say anything further on the subject.

It would make sense for someone to get the idea to place them on a team together. It would also make sense for one of them to want the other out of the game because of certain issues. I cannot speak any more....my gameplay has been hindered from pursuing that avenue of questioning.

I'm going to say that I don't buy either one of these as likely, Mynd. Or even plausible. Turin and Despo may very well be on a team together. But I have enough respect for "someone" as a person to know that "someone" would not do anything as unprofessional as putting two people she has close connections to on the same team deliberately. If random.org determines that it should be so, then that is a different matter. Nor do I have a low enough opinion of either one of them to think that they might want to get the other out of the game for external reasons, which would also be unprofessional.

I will respect the mods' apparent wishes after this post, and not say anything further on the subject.

You cannot deny that if they were on a team together, they would try and downplay their connection. Of course, you can only go based on your own experiences as I have my own, both could be very different.

Interesting that Turin has been very quiet as attentions have turned to other players. My vote remains. I still contend I struck a nerve otherwise I would have been dismissed as stark raving mad.

Hello again all.

I did take offense to some of the statements made yesterday and thought it best to step away for a while to cool off as it were. This is a game but certain things will always get me riled up. Questioning the integrity of a good friend is one of those things. Especially when the line of "reasoning" was so blatantly off. It was made clear well before the statements were made that Darthe selected the roles people would play. There is further evidence, namely my obscure Jedi role in the Revenge of the Sith game(which i still think was one of the major reasons I ended up being lynched and getting an EPIC death scene), that the "friends of" method of selecting roles is not used by my good friend. I do know that it is a valid form of guessing at roles and game. I have even used it myself to make better guesses in cases where in game evidence indicated that there was truth there.

Anyway, A button was pushed and seeing that I was losing my normal calm I elected to step away. This is the last I will be speaking on the matter.

@Tina, that is where I had gone. shut down computer and started playing LEGO Batman 2 to cool off. Love the LEGO people.

And no I am not on a team with Mynd. I missed your question during my tunnel vision episode.

I still have my doubts about Mynd and his whole line of reasoning. But for the moment I am going to Unvote Decisions made in haste or driven by anger are frequently poor.

Speak of the devil!

I pushed a button alright, and that doesn't mean you aren't scum! In fact, I contend that you wouldn't have needed to "cool off" if you were town. If there was no basis for my accusations then why did you take it so hard? Face it, you needed time to think about your next move. Now, you are backpeddling because you are the lead lynch.

I agree with that about the quiet people. It is the weekend though so I guess it is somewhat understandable.

Mynd, you believe what you want. I know what I did and why I did it. I think you must be a Stark cause you are raving mad.

Now you are just character fishing!

In fact, I contend that you wouldn't have needed to "cool off" if you were town. If there was no basis for my accusations then why did you take it so hard?

Unvote. If Turin's overreaction was due to things he felt were personal insults at someone, then it says nothing about his alignment, because his reaction was not due to his being town or scum, but rather driven by a perceived offense toward someone he cares about. I've been in his shoes during a previous game. People said and did things concerning me that I found impossible at the time to see as anything but personal, and my response was widely interpreted as overreacting. I was really quite deeply hurt by what went on. I not only almost quit that game, but also all other games I was in at the time. And I had been town in the game in question.

Mynd, in the bit I quoted from you, I will venture that you have the situation completely backward. I can't speak for Turin, but I know in his shoes, I would (and in fact, I have) needed to cool off more as town, because as scum, I would know that the cases on me were justified, and the suspicions were correct. Whereas as town, I would see it as being falsely accused and perhaps belittled. You wonder why Turin would take it so hard if there is no basis for your accusations. Have you considered that this is precisely why he is taking it so hard?

Archived