DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Game of Thrones - Mafia by Darthe and Ithillian - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

Darthe

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have received a message from the Mod and I will comply; however, I do not see how anything I have posted thus far has been anything but game play. Nothing has been meant to be personal at all, but when ones in-game actions are influenced in any way, I feel it should be fine to discuss this. Nevertheless, Mod is Chief and I will comply. Darthe is being very fair.

As far as my calling out Turin for his "joke" vote, I am surprised at his over-reaction but it indicates to me that I hit pretty close to the mark. I refuse to remove my vote because I believe in my reasons. Let's just remember this is just a game. Nothing is personal unless you make it so.

The accusations against Turin and Despo are on everyone's mind who has played with them before. The fact that Turin OMGUS voted me back is proof that I hit close to the mark.

I'm sorry Mynd, but because I haven't played that many games with Turin, I'm afraid I can't "relate" to any of it =/

I will not continue this path, but my vote remains on Turin. I am very curious to hear from Despo on this whole thing.

As far as Tinker, I think he is playing the fool with his code issues. He knows what he is doing, don't think he doesn't.

BG did you put your JP siggy on just for me? Beware the Mod in the midnight Blue Kimono as you eated her too that game.

You like it? That was still one of the funnest games I've played EVAH!

Whew! I rarely see my name being thrown around THIS early in a game, I'm afraid the buildup for my entrance is far too exaggerated for me to be able to truly satisfy :unsure:

Nevertheless, I must try :wink:

Vote Turin

:wub:

He totally deserves that.

Not sure why i deserve it but :wub:

Vote Despo Welcome back!

Thanks Turin, I feel the transition back to Taintiness is going swimmingly :baalzamon:

He who cast judgement on the scummy must also swing the sword....or vote!

I think we should split up the disciples of Ithi right away. Turin voting Despo strikes me as Roostering for position with the Mod.

Vote Turin

Gotta say I took immediate displeasure with this post. Disciples of Ithi? I assure you Mynd that Ithi is a good friend, but in no way should you confuse our friendship as an attempt on my part to curry her favor or follow after her like a puppy looking for treats. I am my own man, and Turin is the same, and for you to try and discredit either me or him based on our friendship with Ithi reeks of both scumminess AND jealousy (since Ithi IS a great friend to have after all :biggrin:).

As for your questioning of Turin's vote, I once again am surprised at your lack of wisdom in mafia matters of late. It's true, many votes are passed off as joke votes when there's really more to them, and pretty much ANY vote has some kind of motivation behind it, but you're still foregoing the extremely simple tradition in DM mafia in which Day 1 votes are often used as a term of endearment. The fact that you haven't even considered this when it seems pretty obvious that's what Turin's joke was baffles me. I never saw Turin defending his vote as a joke vote, he seems to be sticking to the stance that his reasons for the vote were the same as they were when he first gave them. Honestly I would prob vote you out of principle for both insulting me and for displaying an astonishing lack of grasp on the game that is mafia, but I know it would simply cause you too much gratification as everyone knows how fond you are of beating the grass to try and find some snakes to soothe.

Lastly, to both you and Turin and anyone else who has done so, what's with the "I can't wait to see what Despo has to say about this" statements? My responses shouldn't be necessary for justification of either case or opinion or anything like that. The game just started, yet somehow my opinions and posts are suddenly being weighted heavier than other players in the game? FOS at both of you for trying to put unecessary amount of focus on me from the get go

(Although I can't deny that my ego def took some small level of enjoyment at seing myself so highly anticipated :biggrin:)

BG did you put your JP siggy on just for me? Beware the Mod in the midnight Blue Kimono as you eated her too that game.

That game truly was epically entertaining :baalzamon:

Whew! I rarely see my name being thrown around THIS early in a game, I'm afraid the buildup for my entrance is far too exaggerated for me to be able to truly satisfy :unsure:

Nevertheless, I must try :wink:

Vote Turin

:wub:

He totally deserves that.

Not sure why i deserve it but :wub:

Vote Despo Welcome back!

Thanks Turin, I feel the transition back to Taintiness is going swimmingly :baalzamon:

He who cast judgement on the scummy must also swing the sword....or vote!

I think we should split up the disciples of Ithi right away. Turin voting Despo strikes me as Roostering for position with the Mod.

Vote Turin

Gotta say I took immediate displeasure with this post. Disciples of Ithi? I assure you Mynd that Ithi is a good friend, but in no way should you confuse our friendship as an attempt on my part to curry her favor or follow after her like a puppy looking for treats. I am my own man, and Turin is the same, and for you to try and discredit either me or him based on our friendship with Ithi reeks of both scumminess AND jealousy (since Ithi IS a great friend to have after all :biggrin:).

As for your questioning of Turin's vote, I once again am surprised at your lack of wisdom in mafia matters of late. It's true, many votes are passed off as joke votes when there's really more to them, and pretty much ANY vote has some kind of motivation behind it, but you're still foregoing the extremely simple tradition in DM mafia in which Day 1 votes are often used as a term of endearment. The fact that you haven't even considered this when it seems pretty obvious that's what Turin's joke was baffles me. I never saw Turin defending his vote as a joke vote, he seems to be sticking to the stance that his reasons for the vote were the same as they were when he first gave them. Honestly I would prob vote you out of principle for both insulting me and for displaying an astonishing lack of grasp on the game that is mafia, but I know it would simply cause you too much gratification as everyone knows how fond you are of beating the grass to try and find some snakes to soothe.

Lastly, to both you and Turin and anyone else who has done so, what's with the "I can't wait to see what Despo has to say about this" statements? My responses shouldn't be necessary for justification of either case or opinion or anything like that. The game just started, yet somehow my opinions and posts are suddenly being weighted heavier than other players in the game? FOS at both of you for trying to put unecessary amount of focus on me from the get go

(Although I can't deny that my ego def took some small level of enjoyment at seing myself so highly anticipated :biggrin:)

That game truly was epically entertaining :baalzamon:

You missed my point entirely. There is a nugget of truth in every vote no matter what anyone tries to say. All that I was implying is that the two of you have an IN-GAME Mafia history of not always seeing things objectively. My initial prodding of Turin was more trying to beat the grass to startle the snakes. I was shocked and baffled at the reaction that I got both from Turin and now from you, in addition to some other reactions I cannot discuss. Bottom line, I struck a nerve and when there is smoke there is fire!

And why wouldn't we wanna hear from you on this? You just shrug when someone votes you? The mistake town players make in every mafia game is submitting to "Day 1 randomness" which is essentially giving the mafia an extra day and night to knock off townies before anyone actually starts playing the game. My presence in these games, while grotesque and offensive to some, gets results and reactions. My method of beating the grass to startle the snakes actually STARTLES THE SNAKES! We now have your dismissive reaction to Turin's vote and now your passive aggressive reaction to simply wanting your response to it.

You cannot deny that Turin overreacted to my prodding.

I'm siding with Mynd on this one. It's a common tactic he does, and a complete valid one.

Mynd pulled out something from his magic hat and used it to shake up Turin.

And Turin dropped those apples like an mature apple-tree..

Vote Turin

It's one of the few tactics I've used as scum, overreaction when someone accuses me. And because Mynd really didn't have much.. the reaction is even more sucpicious.

I remember, once I actually broke the rules and added a curse in my sentance to make it more believable, it was a rather convincing show indeed. But it ain't going to work.

Essentially Turin, you're voting Mynd for scumhunting. And that is not a townie thing to do.

Mynd I don't see anything youve done that would elicit action from the mod. I call BS.

I call BS as well, but I cannot get into. To even explain how the whole thing got out of control would be to violate what I agreed to. Let's just say that I really struck a nerve with my accusations and leave it at that. While I agreed to back off on that certain issue, I do think where there is smoke there is fire. I struck a nerve and I don't think that I would have had the reaction I got if I wasn't hitting close to the mark.

I backed off on a player before in a game because I got a PM about her RL issues and how I was a meanyhead for calling her scum. Apparently, calling her scum meant I really thought she was a bad person and that I wanted her lynched for realz. Turns out, that player flipped Mafia but tried to say that her meltdown had nothing to do with me calling her out on being scum. Some players who were in that game are in this one as well, but regardless, it really irritated me because I fell for it.

You can ask the Mod yourself if you doubt me, I'll let them use their own discretion. I agreed to back off that particular issue, but I still think that there is some validity to Turin being mafia based on his reaction. I could see him and Despo working together.

You're shocked that calling me and Turin disciples of Ithi caused such a reaction Mynd?

BS

You knew exactly what you were doing when you started off on this whole "Turin/Despo/Ithi" nonsense. And if you're implying that Turin and I have let our friendship with others affect our mafia gameplay, you are greatly mistaken. I assume in my case you're referring to my reaction to you cajoling Ithi till she slipped up and got modkilled in that one game, I can assure you that while I was sad to see Ithi leave the game in such a manner (altho she came back), the mafioso side of me was actually happy because it presented an opportunity for me to drive a wedge between you and the rest of town. That strategy ended up backfiring somewhat, but that tends to happen sometimes when you take risks like I do.

As for Turin, I've never seen his play affected by something outside of the game; he always uses logic and calm reasoning to execute his strategy. Like I said, you're trying to discredit both of us by making it look like we let our emotions or connections with others to affect our gameplay. I call bullshanks. You know what you're doing, you specifically targeted Turin and I for whatever reason and decided to elicit a reaction. Then when you get said reaction, you claim astonishment? :rolleyes:

And then being all dramatic about getting smacked on the hand by the mod... Lord just give that a rest, or at least divert your grievances to the "Mafia grievances" thread on the mafia board.

/sigh

And now here comes the attempt to link Turin and I. Mynd, you set that up from the beginning, and the only way I could have tried to prevent that would have been to side with you, which would have meant you and I could have been linked.

As for Turin's reaction to your pressure, I do agree that most might see that as an overreaction, but I myself didn't really see it that way. I know I myself have been accused of overreacting, simply because I'm more wordy than most. I know your post struck a nerve with me, and it had nothing to do with me being mafia or not. I can expect Turin might have felt the same way

One more thing, to the rest of the players: While Mynd's play can be called scumhunting if he truly is town, it can also easily be called making a big distraction and diverting true scumhunters if he is mafia. Just because he always likes to shake everyone's snakes doesn't mean he's always town.

One more thing, to the rest of the players: While Mynd's play can be called scumhunting if he truly is town, it can also easily be called making a big distraction and diverting true scumhunters if he is mafia. Just because he always likes to shake everyone's snakes doesn't mean he's always town.

Distract from what? At the time I cast my vote, everything was peaceful. Bambi's mother was still alive and grazing in the clover field. The eruption from that was insane. If I wanted to distract everyone from me, the thing to do is punch everyone in the face? Your desperation is causing you to post gibberish.

Archived