DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I said Good Day, Sir!

MountaineerWV

Hola!

I just finished up a read through. The first in half a decade - Holy Shit! How time flies...The last book I read was KoD. Then I was in Iraq when I heard the news about RJ. I was unsure if I wanted to continue reading after he passed. One of my regrets was not sending him a fan letter thanking him for his work. WoT let me escape the difficulties of life - a place to travel and explore with friends. Mat, Rand, Nynaeve...they helped many of us regroup and go back into the world - for the better I think.

On a flight home about a month ago I impulsively bought tEotW for my kindle. Best impulse buy ever! Over the course of the last month I tore through the first 11 books and finally read the two by BS for the first time. I think he did a great job.

I spent the last three days browsing various WoT message boards. Man, I forgot how much FUN it is to theorize and discuss the books. I'm going to greatly miss this when the series is over. Hopefully enough is left hanging that we can continue to poke and prod for many years.

I don't know if I'll do another read through before aMoL, considering I just finished a month long read through the other day. Twice in one year is...excessive. Though, it will be the last read through with the series unfinished. The last time to savor every word, to visit with friends, before they in effect die. We can always to back and visit, but it won't be the same. In fact, I don't know if I want to read aMoL. Once I read it...it's over, the end of a 15 year journey.

Does anyone have any good fan fiction websites?

Hi Mountaineer! Welcome to DM! The place where you will find lots of like minded individuals who love this series as well! There are so many different ways to enjoy the books on here. We have several social groups (where you can make friends), roll playing groups (you might want to check those out for fan fiction, they're really quite good imo), and general discussion groups (where you can hash out your ideas on WoT theory and such). Anywho, wherever you find your home here, know that we're very happy to have you!!

Looks like everyone else covered the fan fiction desire pretty well :tongue:. Welcome anyways to Dragonmount, Mountaineer! Maybe if you check out the social groups or the Wheel of Time discussion boards, you can find even more leads about what you are interested in; most of everyone here is very friendly and willing to help. And as was mentioned, the role-playing people write qualifies as some good fan fiction :wink: .

Welcome, Mountaineer! I'm new as well, but, due the the Willy Wonka quote, I couldn't help but reply! :) "You stole Fizzy Lifting Drinks!!" lol

As for AMoL, I know exactly how you feel. Finally finishing the series is exciting, but I don't really want it to be over! :( I'm planning to drag the final book out for as long as possible, but they're so hard to put down, I doubt I'll manage that very well. :P

Archived