DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand and True Source

I just finished listening to last book (have already read it) and I remember rand saying something interesting about this. When rand was meeting with the borderlander royalty, he was asked if he remembered a woman that was killed. He answered then asked what would have happened of he had not known the answer. The king said something about killing him. Rand said a few month ago and he wouldn't have known the answer, but a few month ago he would have probably killed them. The king was surprised and said but you can't channel here. Rand said that the guardians only stop the true source.

I think he was saying that he had access to true power I his own right. The DO would have wanted to get him addicted.

I just finished listening to last book (have already read it) and I remember rand saying something interesting about this. When rand was meeting with the borderlander royalty, he was asked if he remembered a woman that was killed. He answered then asked what would have happened of he had not known the answer. The king said something about killing him. Rand said a few month ago and he wouldn't have known the answer, but a few month ago he would have probably killed them. The king was surprised and said but you can't channel here. Rand said that the guardians only stop the true source.

I think he was saying that he had access to true power I his own right. The DO would have wanted to get him addicted.

I think the most supported theory is that he can channel it through his link with Moridin, which is what I think. Also this is what has been said above.

The major support to this theory is that he channeld it while being chained to the male a'dam (don't remember its name, Dominion Band ¿?). This would be the victory for the Shadow, taking him to SG and turning him or just using him with the a'dam. Why let him acces the TP to free himself? The DO has tried to bait Rand more times but this wouldn't make any sense at all when he could have the Dragon turned by the dawn. So I think it is an unexpected efect of the bond Rand shares with Moridin.

I just finished listening to last book (have already read it) and I remember rand saying something interesting about this. When rand was meeting with the borderlander royalty, he was asked if he remembered a woman that was killed. He answered then asked what would have happened of he had not known the answer. The king said something about killing him. Rand said a few month ago and he wouldn't have known the answer, but a few month ago he would have probably killed them. The king was surprised and said but you can't channel here. Rand said that the guardians only stop the true source. I think he was saying that he had access to true power I his own right. The DO would have wanted to get him addicted.

He was saying that he had access to the TP, not from where it came. He may well not know for sure himself whether the TP comes direct from Shai'tan, or via Moridin.

Rand was able to use the TP because the DO allowed him to, to presumably kill the last amount of humanity in Rand. Thats why Semirhage proclaimed "Why have you betrayed me, Great Lord? Why?" before she took a swim in some balefire.

No, that's just what she assumed. She doesn't know of the link between him and Moridin, therefore she can only work based on the facts she has. I also doubt the DO would have given up one of his most powerful servants just at the attempt to corrupt Rand.

Archived