DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Whole Serie Summary ?

Guest boonichou

Guest boonichou

Hi,

is there a good and as exhaustive as possible summary of the whole serie of books available somewhere on the internet ?? I am not sure I will find the time to re-read the serie for the humptieth time before the last book is released...

Thanks,

Daniel

It takes longer but also you can keep on listening to them as you do chores, excercise or whatever, while if reading you have to stop. That's why I think it could be a solution for him.

I alll depends what he is doing... I'm workign through the WoT audiobooks whilst at work and there are many many jobs (such as typing an E-Mail) which I cannot do at the same time; New Spring took me close to two working weeks including time at home when I had a bath or was painting to complete. If I just picked up thebook I coudl have finished it within an evening easily.

The last time I read through all the books I got through a book a day or over 2 evenings with ease... if you cannot read the books in the time than an audiobook will certainly take at best.... the same amount of time it takes to read a book... at worst a lot longer.

It took me two months to read Fires of Heaven, a year and a half to read the whole series. I think five days is rather quick! Perhaps I'll get the audiobooks for my next read through.

But that's because you have little time for reading I suppose. So maybe you woudln't have much time for listeing to it too.

I don't read very quickly, I think, especially in English, and I also spend a lot of time walking and in public transit, so the audiobooks are faster for me (it's easier to listen to a book than try to read it while standing in a crowded bus!). I also listen to the books doing chores, shopping, exercising. I can get through a book in a week at that pace, whereas reading it takes me at least 2.

It took me two months to read Fires of Heaven, a year and a half to read the whole series. I think five days is rather quick! Perhaps I'll get the audiobooks for my next read through.

But that's because you have little time for reading I suppose. So maybe you woudln't have much time for listeing to it too.

Not a lot of time but mostly just a slow reader really. I can't believe that reading a book a day is the norm. Seems exceptional to me.

the link posted above is also good for updating your memory of characters. when you go to the page, click "characters" up top, and if you read the new book without doing a re-read, and you see a character and forget what they do, that website has a review of everything they've done, start to finish, in point form. its quite handy and easy to scan

Not a lot of time but mostly just a slow reader really. I can't believe that reading a book a day is the norm. Seems exceptional to me.

It is. But i know i can do it to if i have the time....but its not the norm.

I am a slow reader and I have timed my reading I get through a page about every 3.5 minutes (slow I know ) but in a 700 page book ( which is how big some WoT books are) that means I would have to read 40.8 hours straight to get through one book. I know there are some fast readers out there but if you read 4 times faster than me (sure I'm slow but it's not likely to be that fast) that's 10.2 hours. Sure you could do that in a day but who has that much time to kill In a day. If a norm reader reads 4 times faster than me... Then I need some help I guess. But a book like that in a day not likely but possible

I am a slow reader and I have timed my reading I get through a page about every 3.5 minutes (slow I know ) but in a 700 page book ( which is how big some WoT books are) that means I would have to read 40.8 hours straight to get through one book. I know there are some fast readers out there but if you read 4 times faster than me (sure I'm slow but it's not likely to be that fast) that's 10.2 hours. Sure you could do that in a day but who has that much time to kill In a day. If a norm reader reads 4 times faster than me... Then I need some help I guess. But a book like that in a day not likely but possible

I went through the series for the first time on holidays. I read 8 books out of 11 (at that moment) in a week. I'm sick, I know...The funny part is that in the end I knew each detail in the books better than everything I had studied that year lol.

Archived