DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Elgee

Roll Call for June 2012 - ALL members please read the 1st post and take the Poll !

67 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a cat or a dog person?

• Cat
    • Dog
    • Both
    • I don't like any animals

Sorry this is so late! I withdrew into my woman-cave for a few days :P

Please post here:

Your full DM handle + status(Initiate, Novice, Algai, Accepted, Manshima, Aes Sedai, or Der'Manshima) + path (Ajah or Discipline) (if applicable)

+

The poll this month is about ... cat or dog?

Edited by Elgee

I picked cat, btw - dogs are just too ... clingy and bouncy and happy.

Eternal Phoenix Manshima of the Cuen'd'eren and Disc head

I'm not a big animal person, I don't mind animals but I really can't give them the attention they deserve soooo :(

Dog for certain and only larger dogs like German Shepards. I have a tried and true method for training dogs and Bison, my last dog was wonderful. He was an 85# German Shepard and such a great dog. He developed hip dysplasia though after only a few short years and I was forced to put him down. Animals are not part of the family, they are animals and should be treated as pets. Especially larger dogs. My emotional attachment to an animal will never outweigh that of a person or my judgement when it comes to the quality of life of an animal. I am very pointed about this as many people allow animals to suffer needlessly because of their own emotional attachment to them. I have never had more than one dog at one time unless dogsitting which I love to do!

Razen - Accepted

Dogs. Absolutely, positively dogs. I've got three Yorkies at home, and they are the most adorable little dogs ever.

Ishy-Manshima

Both. We just recently lost our kitteh, broke the hearts of both my kids. She was 14 though, so she was a venerable kitteh. We miss her a lot.

Also have two dogs, a beagle and a boykin spaniel. The boykin is the finest retriever I've ever seen, a really smart breed.

Leelou - Aes Sedai - Yellow Ajah.

I picked dog person, I can't deal with cat litter anymore

Lenlo - Manshima

I love cats but most everyone in my family is allergic to them. :/

Daruya - Aes Sedai (Blue Ajah)

I picked both but only because they were the only ones listed. :biggrin: For some reason, Elgee, you left off horses! :ohmy: Although they're not really pets, they're livestock, but I'm still quite attached to mine! Also we don't have a cat atm but we do have 3 dogs ranging in size from 10 pounds to 85 pounds. Our big dog, Max, is a Golden Retriever. He's 11 this year and is starting to grey a bit. Our terrier mix, Leia, is about 35 pounds, and Lucky, the Pomeranian, is about 10 pounds.

Aiel Heart -- Der'Manshima -- Cuen'deren

(It felt sooooooo weeeeeeeird to type all of that!!!!! o.O)

I'm more of a dog person. I don't mind cats really, and some that I've met have been very cuddly and nice, but I'm also mildly allergic to them (eyes water up and itch and then I start sneezing). I much prefer dogs. You can train them and go on walks and play with them, they are very loyal and loving and love to be pet. We have three :P

Basel Gill, Brown AS. I don't mind cats or dogs, but my allergies keep me from owning any.

Cyan -- Novice

I like both but I'm allergic to cats.

Masema - Initiate

Dogs. I've always had a dog and I love them.

I can't put up every animal known to man, Dar! lol ... I put those two because there's a distinct difference between cat and dog people.

alannalynn, Aes Sedai, Green Ajah

I'm definitely a cat person, though I haven't had a cat in a long time because my mom is allergic. I like dogs too, but they're very needy... cats are independent and don't need a TON of attention. I like that about them. I aspire to be a crazy cat lady anyways, so that makes me a cat person. I can't WAIT to get my own home and buy a kitten or two. lol :biggrin:

Kukaso - Accepted

I'm a dog person.

And I don't like "clingy and bouncy and happy" dogs.

And I can imagine the look of my dog if you tell her she should be clingy and bouncy :laugh: People who tried to tell her that she must run definitly read all the insignificance of their existence in her stare.

She is self-confident, calm and lazy... then in a moment fast and fierce... and then lazy again :happy:

Misheru Sedai - Accepted

Im a cat person, hands down. I love dogs too, but when it comes to the pet I want around me all day, it's cats. We got ours two and a half years ago, before that I was first living with my allergic mom, and then in apartments that didn't allow animals. My everyday life has improved so much since we got the kitties <3 They're my babies.