DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sa'angreal stronger than callandor

mma1027

So I'm re reading the shadow rising at the part where lanfear reveals herself to rand. She says there are two sa'angreal stronger and one is known to exist. I'm assuming this is the CK. Do we know the other?

There's some largish statue in the cache that Elayne can't carry, don't have the quote maybe someone could dig it up. I've heard speculation that it might be that. Since size seems to have something to do with power.

Hmmm, I always read it as the CK being 2 sa'angreal, not one. It is new that another sa'angreal stronger that Callandor was created.

I originally thought that as well. I must re-read that section again, because most people understood differently.

Yes, the Choedan Kal counts as two, but only one of them can be used by a man, so it only counts as one for what Lanfear said.

I was thinking about counting the Olvercain threads on the General forum earlier; I might count the threads on this as well, just for fun. It seems like every time it comes up, someone suggests that the CK count for both, lol.

Hmmm, I always read it as the CK being 2 sa'angreal, not one. It is new that another sa'angreal stronger that Callandor was created.

Yes, the Choedan Kal counts as two, but only one of them can be used by a man, so it only counts as one for what Lanfear said.

I was thinking about counting the Olvercain threads on the General forum earlier; I might count the threads on this as well, just for fun. It seems like every time it comes up, someone suggests that the CK count for both, lol.

To be expected when ignorance is the cause :tongue: . And so, I learn something new almost daily on these forums :smile:

isn't there suspicion that it is the ring of Tamyrlin?

Suspicion only. We have zero evidence. It really would not make any sense, as both male and female channelers would have worn it.

Wouldnt it be cool if the ring was a mobius loop, one side male saangreal, other female. The tamrylin could use it alone or hold hands with someone and they could both use it.

isn't there suspicion that it is the ring of Tamyrlin?

Suspicion only. We have zero evidence. It really would not make any sense, as both male and female channelers would have worn it.

Wouldnt it be cool if the ring was a mobius loop

You mean like the stone ring ter'angreal? The one that's just slightly too big to be a finger ring (for a girl)? I doubt it's one side this and one side that, but the stone ring can probably be used by either a man or a woman.

Why do people even think that the Ring of Tamyrlin is a sa'angreal? It was presumably made by the first channeler, in a time strength in the One Power wasn't all that important, as there was no Dark One, no War of Power.

Maybe that strong sa'angreal will never appear in AMoL. Maybe the Ring of Tamyrlin will never appear. But if I were to assume that it has already appeared, I would name one item as the Ring of Tamyrlin: the Twisted Ring ter'angreal. Because if the first channeler (conveniently able to make ter'angreal) needed anything, it was knowledge. Knowledge about the world, the One Power, but also the dreamworld.

But well... we just don't know!

magically fits the wearer too?!

why wouldn't the ring be more than a cheap trinket, they are not Aes Sedai from our current age, they had the technology.

Saangreal aren't just used for war, a nice one would be good for heavy lift tasks

I didn't explain myself well, my sister has a ring that is made of three rings of metal that snap together to form one ring...

regardless of what male angreal might be more powerful than callandor that isn't the choden'kal, we likely will not see it, and if we do ishy already collected it (although i am amazed that he hadn't collected the choden'kal statues already to tell the truth, he just doesn't seem dumb enough to ignore any culture, including the aiel, so i think he left it there on purpose).

Archived