DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

what will we do?

muddasssir

Wait for the Eye of the World movie to finally get made and then be incredibly disappointed in it.

Maybe if we start some kind of petition we can get an HBO series made of it like Game of Thrones.

Me, I'll just stop coming to the forums after a while, when we feel like we've tied almost everything up.

However, I do wonder about Luckers and Terez and others in a similar position, where WoT seems to be a decent part of their daily life.

i don't want to think about, i'm going to be happy and sad at the same time. i read a lot of series, but none have captured my attention like RJ did. it's been 17 years since my friend gave me a copy of eye of the world(almost half of my life has been invested in this world). one of my worst days was when i found out that my favorite author died, the next one might be the day i finish AMOL. I also want to thank Harriot, BS, and anyone else who helped finish what RJ started. i don't think i could of handled it if the series wasn't completed.

I'll still be here. We can re-read and visit with friends. I would love to have Sanderson write books for the 20 year gap from when Moiraine bonded Lan and they searched for Rand.

Ok, by stating there are no more books, the sales of MoL can be huge, then later there might be spin offs. OK, I can dream cant I?

I'll still come to the SGs, but the series ending is depressing. Not coming here to discuss theories is sad, even though I have been here for only a short time. i cannot imagine what you guys feel. If there was a never ending WoT series that ended right when you died, I would be so happy.

Wait for the Eye of the World movie to finally get made and then be incredibly disappointed in it.

This is something that I really would not want to see. If you really think about it what part two parts of the Wheel of Time make the story work. One is the characters view of the flows of Saidin and Saidar. The other is the characters thought process. These two things are difficult at best to put into a movie that would make sense.

Take for instance a cup moving across the room into Egwene's hand. To Perrin it is just a cup floating through he air. To Rand he sees the cup but feels the chill of a woman channeling. To Elayne the room is alive with threads of the power snaking out and grabbing the cup. Threads of air to grab it. Possibly threads of fire to heat it up. What a minute why did she use earth to move the cup? Difficult to put into a movie.

The thought process is even more difficult to put into a movie. If you take all of that out of the story you can put the entire series into a two and a half hour movie.

So Wheel of Time movie is a bad idea for me.

And what will I do after the series is done. Probably reread them from time to time. It is a good time killer. I have proven that I tend to miss some things in the story from time to time.

Archived