DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The new Healing

grump

There *may* be a way to increase a person's strength in the power besides angrea/sa'angreal, but the only evidence we have for that is Cyndane's POV in WH when she says something like: it was impossible for another woman to be stronger than she had been, she was as strong as a woman could be. That is very thin evidence for anything like that though.

I thought that a male channeler could Heal a female one back to her original strenght (no more) and vice versa, but that if someone from the same gender tried it, you only get back part of you original strength. So where could the 'extra' bit possibly come from?

Conservation of energy states that you cannot make more. So for one person to channel more, another channeler must sacrifice some of his/her channeling capacity.

But I seriously doubt if RJ will take that sidetrack when the story is so close to end with so many loose ends still.

There *may* be a way to increase a person's strength in the power besides angrea/sa'angreal' date=' but the only evidence we have for that is Cyndane's POV in WH when she says something like: it was impossible for another woman to be stronger than she had been, she was as strong as a woman could be. That is very thin evidence for anything like that though.[/quote']

i think the purpose was simply to show that Lanfear has fallen in the world and was no longer top dog.

Thor, the law of the conservation of energy would apply only if someone were creating the one power, what is being suggested is merely increasing the amount someone could percievably hold.

As for the theory, i really doubt the healing weave could strengthen a persons ability. But that being said the existence of the healing weave reveals the process of channeling to be a function, if that function can be understood then theoretically it would be possible to artificially alter it... that is what science is all about, once you understand something you can manipulate it into effects which benefit you.

And indeed, is that not exactly what angreal and sa'angreal are... the duplication of a natural function by an artificial source for the purpose of improving on the natural state.

Wether the natural ability can be increased... dunno. If it can be decreased then perhaps, theoreticcally it can be increased... i doubt we will see it though.

So what would happen is Siuan and Leane were stilled again and then healed by a man? Would they return to their original strength or to the post-initial stilling strength?

That is something for which we have no meaningful evidence, the only statement we have is Nyneave saying that what has been healed cannot be healed again, but I do not believe that is saying much.

And while Nyn did say that, it would be a different wound. Much like if I were to break my arm. If I broke my arm, had it healed and then fell off my horse and broke it, even if it was the exact same break, it would be a new injury and thus open to be Healed again. That's my thought on this. It's not trying to heal the same thing again and again. It a new wound, being stilled (again) and then Healing the new wound.

And while Nyn did say that, it would be a different wound. Much like if I were to break my arm. If I broke my arm, had it healed and then fell off my horse and broke it, even if it was the exact same break, it would be a new injury and thus open to be Healed again. That's my thought on this. It's not trying to heal the same thing again and again. It a new wound, being stilled (again) and then Healing the new wound.

But if your arm sets wrong when it heals the treatment it to break it again.

i think the real issue here is whether or not they'd be able to find a willing test patient. My guess is probably not.

Then again, odds are that some people will end up being severed as part of the conflicts that will play out in aMoL. but I dont think RJ has the space to put in silly things like making people stronger after they've been cut off.

Archived