DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What annoys/frustrates you about the main characters

We all have character's foibles we both love and ones that frustrate us, some no end. Which characters foibles really annoy/frustrate you?

Rand - His unwillingness to kill women/allow them to die

Perrin - constant whinging about not wanting to lead. When he really needs to.

Mat - Most of what he does I agree with

Egwene - Where to begin. But, if to pick. Then it's seeing being Aes Sedai she thinks it makes whatever she does as correct, and the WT is infallible.

Elayne - The constant raising of her chin, when something is said she disagrees with

Nynaeve - Arrogance, though it has lessened

Aviendha - Seeing violence as the answer

Faile - Breathing... OK. Seeing everything as move, and seeing as most people beneath her due to who her father is.

Rand - When he thought he had to be so strong, now gone

Perrin - Also the leading thing and liking Faile

Mat - Not too much trust at all in AS, though that is sometimes good

Egwene - The whole Gawyn thing.

Nynaeve - What she does is always right, less now.

Elayne - Thinking too much about county raher than friends

Faile - Everything but bringing troops to the Two Rivers.

what immediately came to mind when i saw the title was what the OP said about Perrin...but really what bugs me encompasses all the characters, especially the taveren boys, is that they havent worked together on anything in a very long time, and if they had only talked every once in awhile it would have put them ahead in leaps and bounds

What frustrates me most about WOT characters is the never ending, over the top need for WOT fans to whine, bitch and moan about the thing they can't stand about the WOT characters.

Now I'm not saying these characters are perfect, but they are far better than the whiny people that nit pick all of their minor flaws. Flaws that jordan write into these characters so they all weren't perfect and they all weren't the same. The non-stop whining is why I don't come to this fantastic site as much as I would of there weren't so many whiny people here.

Sorry, that had been bottled up for a while!

Egwene frustrates me a lot, and I have put it in depth in other threads so lets not derail it here.

Perrin - it frustrates me that he completely avoids leadership, he is the most reluctant leader among the TR's folk. With the only reason he is accepting leadership is for personal motives (family being slain by trollocs, and the Faile capture arc), until recently. Although one thing I do like is how realistic his reactions to the dead is, especially if he knows them.

Mat - it annoys me to be on here and constantly see how people are mostly in love with him. Not to mention his constant whining that he is no lord, which seems overlooked because he always says bloody in it, so its comedic.

Rand - for rand the thing that bothers me is min. Especially when you see him in essence trying to protect every woman he sees only to allow Min to follow along to a very dangerous situation.

Nynaeve - there is not much that bothers me about her

Elayne - is that she weighs her worth as a queen by the actions of previous queens (which would be on the predecessors high notes) which makes her put herself in more dangerous situations than required

What frustrates me most about WOT characters is the never ending, over the top need for WOT fans to whine, bitch and moan about the thing they can't stand about the WOT characters.

Now I'm not saying these characters are perfect, but they are far better than the whiny people that nit pick all of their minor flaws. Flaws that jordan write into these characters so they all weren't perfect and they all weren't the same. The non-stop whining is why I don't come to this fantastic site as much as I would of there weren't so many whiny people here.

this is a forum where people can discuss whatever they like, there is no reason to be nasty and imply how offensive it is to you to voluntarily read things you dont like...if you dont like a topic then dont read it, or feel free to hit your head on something solid and gently land face first in a puddle

what immediately came to mind when i saw the title was what the OP said about Perrin...but really what bugs me encompasses all the characters, especially the taveren boys, is that they havent worked together on anything in a very long time, and if they had only talked every once in awhile it would have put them ahead in leaps and bounds

Ding ding ding!

Seriously, every main character, most of you have someone about who can travel. Hows about you set one day a week aside and have yourselves a little powow.

Rand: So, what did everybody get up to this week.

Mat: I kind of married the Empress of Seanchan.

Everyone else: Whaa???

Mat: Yup, so we could probably use this connection in order to settle some horrible conflicts before something terrible happens or whatevs.

Ding ding ding!

Seriously, every main character, most of you have someone about who can travel. Hows about you set one day a week aside and have yourselves a little powow.

Mat: Yup, so we could probably use this connection in order to settle some horrible conflicts before something terrible happens or whatevs.

lol humorously put in just the right way

No one of any consequence dies. It can't be that all of these people who have all been in mortal peril many times haven't died. in the scope of this story it only seemes right that someone important should have kicked the bucket and tossed a stock in the wheel

No one of any consequence dies. It can't be that all of these people who have all been in mortal peril many times haven't died. in the scope of this story it only seemes right that someone important should have kicked the bucket and tossed a stock in the wheel

We know the entire story is about Lews therin telamon and his redemption in the third age. That rules out rand dying. But egwene, mat, perrin and nynaeve all ought to have died some time ago. Can you imagine what would have had happened if egwene was turned by halima or nynaeve was forced to serve the DO in exchange for lan's soul or something?

We already know for a fact that rand, egwene and mat will not die come the end of AMOL. That leaves perrin and nynaeve. Pretty weak if you ask me

We know the entire story is about Lews therin telamon and his redemption in the third age. That rules out rand dying. But egwene, mat, perrin and nynaeve all ought to have died some time ago. Can you imagine what would have had happened if egwene was turned by halima or nynaeve was forced to serve the DO in exchange for lan's soul or something?

We already know for a fact that rand, egwene and mat will not die come the end of AMOL. That leaves perrin and nynaeve. Pretty weak if you ask me

I was just wondering how do we know egwene will not die?

I was just wondering how do we know egwene will not die?
We don't. Nor do we know Rand will survive.

this is a forum where people can discuss whatever they like, there is no reason to be nasty and imply how offensive it is to you to voluntarily read things you dont like...if you dont like a topic then dont read it, or feel free to hit your head on something solid and gently land face first in a puddle

So this is a forum where people can discuss what they like, but you object to him trying to discuss what he likes? I think The 3 ta'veren is entitled to his opinion on this matter. He didn't imply it was offensive, just not particularly fun to read.

So this is a forum where people can discuss what they like, but you object to him trying to discuss what he likes? I think The 3 ta'veren is entitled to his opinion on this matter. He didn't imply it was offensive, just not particularly fun to read.

you are correct, i wholeheartedly object to it...but lets word what youre saying correctly, and put it as me objecting to what he actually said, which was something rude and insulting to a broad range of people and in blatant disrespect to the thread posed by the op...he is entitled to his opinion but that also means i am just as entitled to mine...and thats plenty enough on that topic

People are spoilt by the game of thrones.... but in every other book I have read characters do not get killed off before their story is told.

As for what annoys me: nothing. The character flaws is what makes these people seem believable. The overcomming of flaws make me smile the most.

Ding ding ding!

That would be unfair on the Forsaken. They are already having meetings from time to time and fail horribly, how unfair would it be if the good guys were also cooperating?

As to minor quirks:

Rand - She's a bloody Forsaken trying to kill you and your best friends! Stop whining and hit/kill her. (he has more, but his story would be lousy without him nearly falling for the Dark Side, so it's a good trait)

Mat - Even Galahad Damodred, the flaming Lord Captain Commander of the Whitecloaks, isn't as whiny about being healed by Aes Sedai. Get over it already.

Perrin - Done to death.

Egwene/Gawyn - idem.

Elayne - She's queen, sure, but does EVERYTHING have to be about Andor? She even contemplated sending Mat to attack the Two Rivers (which could've been excellent character development for Mat: "What to do when my promises to follow Andor mess things up HORRIBLY")

Nynaeve - Not much left after the last book, but that is a minor annoyance by itself: does she have any bad traits left, really? It's not like her stubbornness isn't justified as it has help[ed her heal Stilling and the Taint, so what is there to be improved on?

Galad - He had a perfect worldview, and he gives this lifetime of certainty up after a chat with his adopted mother and a single Ta'veren dropping by? Meh.

ther is a song I do notknow the name of the artist but it goes like "girl you are amazing just the way you are" I mean that just about sums it up for me. I hav ben on of the biggest complainer and whiner about our good old eggy but I won't want to change a thing about her or any of the other characters. their fallibility is what makes them so much fun to read

Mr. Ares,

Thank you, that is what I was trying to say. I understand people saying they don't like this our that about a character, but it goes way over the top here. Such a great site, but it is painful to listen to all of the incessant whining.

I do get a kick out of people whining about how much Perrin whines. Oh, the irony..

The funniest are the ones that had a problem with him being obsessed over getting Faile back. REALY!!! Your wife is kidnapped and you just take it in stride, now that would be realistic. (sarcasm).

I have many more I could vent about, but of course now I fall into that whiney category too.

The Men - Always think that one of the other three knows more about women than they do.

The Women - Always think that the men are children and never give the men credit at all.

All of them - They never talk among themselves. If they would do that this series would have been over ten years ago.

Egwene and Nynaeve's thought's on wanting to be free of the Oaths, so that they can live a longer life. While Elayne also thought this, the man she loves has the possibility of living as long as she does. It kind of seems greedy on their part.

Egwene and Nynaeve's thought's on wanting to be free of the Oaths, so that they can live a longer life. While Elayne also thought this, the man she loves has the possibility of living as long as she does. It kind of seems greedy on their part.

Is this sarcasm? Not wanting to lose half of your lifespan because of some silly oaths is completely natural and logical.

Archived