DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Romanda and Lelaine?

Lui2692

well when siuan and old keeper were in salidar they manipulated the council, before there was a hall, in to doing what they thought was important. soo couldnt it be possible that since now there is a hall couldnt it be possible that romanda and lelaine are using the same ploy of arguing and agreeing on important issues to get control of the hall.

Suian and Leanne really WERE friends and I think there in lies the difference. Romanda and Lelaine REALLY do hate each others guts. I think there is a POV(point of view) from one of them, Romanda I think, which said she would oppose anything by Lelaine.

To demonstrate the difference: Siuan healed Mat of the dagger and broke the connection permanently, even though she knew he had blown the Horn of Valere. She knew Mat was a wild card and not an Aes Sedai puppet, it would have served AS purposes better if Mat had died and she found an AS puppet to use it but she didnt. I can't see Lelaine, especially, healing Mat. She most probably, although we don't know, tortured Feialaine into submission.

Romanda is honest if hidebound, Lelaine is not--may even be Black, but certainly ferociously ambitious. And they hate each other's guts, to Egwene's advantage.

Also note another difference; Egwene did not ASK to be the Amyrlin Seat, the others lust after the role. But now that she IS the Seat, and now that she sees the policies to follow more clearly than the others, Egwene intends to LEAD the Tower unless another can unite the Tower and lead it better. At the moment, no such person has appeared, certainly not Cadsuane who, correctly, realizes that SHE would be a TERRIBLE Amyrlin

Archived