DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What does the future hold for the Shaido?

Janduin

At the end of KOD, Therava begins to lead the Shaido back to the Waste. However, earlier in KOD, Bendhuin (Sept Chief of the Green Salts) was given permission to enter Rhuidean.

Assuming Bendhuin isnt power hungry like Couladin was, I wonder what is in the Shaido's future when they will finally have a Clan Chief who knows the truth of the Car'a'carn.

There was discussion once about that janduin. I actually agree with you. I wish I could remember the thread it was brought up in. I think the Tinkers will be either anhilated because they don't fight, or will be spared because they are not taking part. if they are anihilated, then I think the Shaido will be the remnant because they are "safe" in the Waste.

Well the Aiel now are a remnant of what they once were (travelling people), so for it to be the remnant of a remnant then there has to be some kind of huge change in the culture or something of the sort meaning that all the other Aiel probably will die, making the Shaido the only Aiel, the shaido who've just about abondoned "ji e toh"?, making them a remnant of a remnant. Thats the way I see it anyway!

Technically the Aiel were never the travelling people. The Tu'athan were the "lost ones" who left the Aiel (and the charge placed on them by the Aes Sedai) to find the song. Eventually the Jenn Aiel were the only Aiel left dedicated to both the charge placed on them by the Aes Sedai and the way of the leaf. I feel the Shaido will fall to the curse of Rhuidan if they don't end up following Rand. I believe that only Clans who have leaders who can accept the Aiel's true history don't die out. So the Shaido will either come to accept Rand or will be destroyed.

Also there are still large parts of the Aiel living in the Waste, the majority of the Aiel not a part of the warrior societies is still in the holds and there was mention of leaving just enough warriors to defend the holds so the waste isn't empty for the Shaido to fill it up.

No no. The charge the Aes Sedai put on the Aiel was to protect the angreal, sa'angreal and ter'angreal from the male Aes Sedai and to still hold to the Way of the Leaf. I'm not even convinced that there exists or ever existed a song.

But back to the topic.

How will the large amount of Aiel who are living in Rhuidean react to a Shaido party coming and seeking to enter the crystal ring? Another problem is the Mera'din. They refuse to believe that Rand is the Car'a'carn. How will they be recieved in their holds when they return. And for the Shaido to be the remnant of the remnant, all the people in the Waste would have to fall over dead.

Archived