DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Breaking Bad Season 5 [Spoiler Zone: Read At Your Own Risk!]

Nolder

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So discussing last night's episode with a work friend and he admits to still liking or even admiring Walt. While I had empathy for Walt for about half the show all that went out the window this season. Great episode last night.

Wait...these last 3 episodes were the deal breaker for you? But NOT the end of season 4?

Also does anyone else think they're overplaying Skylar being scared?

I mean yeah I get that she's afraid of what Walt is capable of and she's scared for her kids and maybe ever herself. But Walt isn't threatening her. The only reason that one scene was "rapey" was because Skylar was scared. If she'd been fine it would have been a scene between a loving couple and note that Walt really wasn't able to tell she was scared from where he was. So yeah I dunno. Skylar being scared is starting to be overplayed IMO.

I think maybe she'll confront Walt and tell him she's going to tell Hank and Walt will stop her somehow.

I think she's to scared to confront Walt. I think she'll tell hank and hank may let Walt run.

Well what do you guys think of last nights episode?

I thought it wasn't possible to hate Skylar any more than I already do but seriously?

I can understand being scared for your kids and not really wanting to be involved in a drug operation but she's acting like Walt is going around killing kids (hey she totally doesn't know he tried yet so shh) or something you know? He's not treating her badly and he doesn't bring his work home with him so what's her deal?

IDK I just think she's overreacting

Or maybe I can just tell it's acting

I just don't feel like a real person would act quite so distraught all the time

This sort of reaction isn't too dissimlar from women in abusive relationships. She's realized for the first time that Walt truly is a violent man. I'm rewatching the series with my wife right now and it is interesting that at first she despises him for being involved... then she understands it enough to come to grips with it and deal with it, so long as the family and everyone is safe. Walt has nothing to do with the violence that takes place (from her point of view) and she can justify staying with him even though he is manipulative and abusive emotionally. Moving back in without asking over and over just because he knows she can't do a damn thing about it.

Finally after Walt basically admits he killed Gus and was capable of such horrible things, something inside of her snaps and she if scared ***tless. She's gone into panic mode and doesn't feel she can fight Walt anymore. She begins to unravel. I think it makes sense.

I totally agree BG. Which leads me more and more to believe she's the one that's gonna bring Walt down, she's still hanging by the thinnest of cords, but I think that the confrontation from this episode may make her realize she has to do the drastic and turn Walt in "for her children".

• Community Administrator

Or, she's goign to off her self.

I have a feeling Jr. is going to be in a possibly fatal car accident, further breaking those two up, perhaps divorce?

Note the breakfast scene on the first episode with the bacon. He obviously has no contact with his family.

Either something happens, and she escapes, (possibly after Jr. dies?) or she kills her self (possibly with walts assistance?) dunno.

Finally after Walt basically admits he killed Gus and was capable of such horrible things,

I'd like to point out that Walt didn't actually kill Gus.

Eh... technically... but he created the bomb and and rigged the whole thing and lured Gus into the trap.

Finally after Walt basically admits he killed Gus and was capable of such horrible things,

I'd like to point out that Walt didn't actually kill Gus.

Eh... technically... but he created the bomb and and rigged the whole thing and lured Gus into the trap.

Still didn't do it

If the world worked that way then both Jesse AND Walt killed Gale I guess

Archived