DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Elgee

Who comes before us as a candidate for Aes Sedai? (Kate)

Kate has been nominated for Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah.

Who will speak for this woman?

For anyone who needs a refresher on conduct during a raising ceremony, you will find it here :)

*Walks up to the front of the Hall, gives Kate a big smile and curtseys to the Mother*

Mother, if it would please thee, I will speak for this woman.

I remember the first time I spoke to Kate. I saw that she had posted in the 101 Thread and then she ... Vanished! In my usual fashion I sat back and did nothing, safe in the knowledge that it would all turn out right in the end badgered her constantly about why she had not posted in the Aspies and Dorms yet and found out something very, very important; Kate does not know what a user name is. This meant that other people got badgered until eventually Kate turned up - and somehow turned up in Damo! Kate may have been wondering why I was so persistent and perhaps thought that I was like that with everyone, and to a certain extent maybe I was, but not as much as with Kate. I don't know why, but I felt something more with her from the very beginning and I wanted her in the WT, so we could hang out and do stuff. I wanted her to be my friend. What we all got was so much more, although her being my friend is still the best bit.

When she joined Damo (cue sofa incident, followed by hat stand) and we found out that we could be brutally honest with each other, it was amazing how well we worked together to create such a fun and happy atmosphere. She taught me to grow a backbone (occasionally) and I helped her to understand that compromise does not mean you have lost. I had no computer, so I got to think up all the crazy ideas and she got to do the hard graft. That was how it worked most of the time. I would say, I need this, this and this doing and she would say fine, and then present me with it mere moments later, perfectly spelt and double spaced. Kate was the evil genius bent on world domination in our Battleships games, she understood the Mastermind Game, she joined us on the DamoBus on our random excursions to Ajahs and we had the most epic adventure when the Aiel turned up.

Basically Kate was there, and I had never had that before. She was like the apple pie to my ice cream, she was the mad southern paddle wheel that kept everything turning whilst on the surface everything glided past smoothly.

When Kate met Eddie I was over the moon for her. She was already this lovely confident girl, but meeting Eddie made her happy as well. And then she made an even braver decision, she signed up and joined the Army. Part of me was sad and worried, because I knew that it meant I would not see her as much, but I know that she was doing the right thing for her. I do not think many of you know the sheer amount of guts it took for her to say - what I already have is not what I want or need and I will not accept it, and I WILL do something about it. This is what she did and I am so proud of her.

So now she had Eddie, and the Army. You would think that would be enough for anyone, but no, Kate still had 90 or so minutes left per week, so decided to do College as well, and football coaching, and teach me how to make siggys, and help out with various events in the WT, and become Head of Damo. Kate does too much, but she still does it and she will always do her best at everything she does. And even when she is stupidly busy, I know that she will always be there for me when I need her.

When she chose the Blue Ajah it was just brilliant. Now we would get to hang out together in our new home and be just like Moiraine and Siuan. She would be Siuan cos she is the hard worker who gets things done, and cos there is no way I'm being a Sanche :tongue: Also Siuan is apparently pronounced like Swan, and that is the perfect description for Kate. Beautiful, elegant, serene and making everything seem so easy on the surface, and paddling like the Dark One is after her under the surface.

Mother, I have waited so long to be able to do this. Kate is open, friendly, brave, strong, hard working, loving, giving, selfless and so much more. I am so proud of her and so honoured that she has asked me to speak for her. I ask that you consider her worthy to be named Aes Sedai.

*curtseys again and moves back to her place in the Hall*

*waits quietly and listens as her first bestest friend speaks*

>.>

*at one point, wonders how much oosquai Ithi's had as she's being far too nice*

:biggrin:

*listens to the conclusion of Ithi's speech and resists the urge to hug her. Instead, continues to stand quietly, waiting to see who else steps forward to speak*

*steps forward and bows to Mother*

I would also speak for Kate.

When I was making my way through Damodred, Kate came in a couple of months after I did and I knew right off that she was a wonderful addition to the House. She took right away to the forum games we had in the dorm, and then began to host them. I watched as she hit it off with Ithi immediately. Then I saw her make a connection with Ed, and I knew they were made for each other. When Ithi got raised to Aes Sedai, she would have been entitled to stay as House Head for the remainder of her term, but real life prevented that. As soon as I heard about Ithi's resignation, I knew that Kate would be a perfect fit for the job. So I committed myself to actively not applying, and worked to assist her as she had done so beautifully for Ithi. I like to think that we made a great team.

After a while, I decided it would be fun for me to run some of these games myself. There were a few points when it seemed like I was in over my head. Kate was always there to answer any questions I had about modding the games without endangering her objectivity as a player. Even when people voted me for my mistakes, which at the time I didn't remotely get what they were talking about. All of this she has done awesomely while dealing with demands on her time in the real world. She has been a student, an athlete, and a coach while doing all of this in the WT, and has also been working on being a soldier. I can't begin to describe how proud I am to have come up through the ranks with her, and I ask without hesitation that you consider her for Aes Sedai.

Ama pulled her red-fringed shawl up closer against the chill and made her way from the Red Ajah Halls down to the Hall of the Tower. It was a special day.

When Ama entered the Hall she could see she was running a little late... how incredibly unusual..

<.<

>.>

Ama stepped through the gathered crowd and moved towards where the Mother... her sister... waited with a beautiful friend of Ama's.

Mother, i would speak for this woman.

I met Kate in a Google+ chat not long after she joined DM. She became a regular participant in the nightly chats a group of us were having. She became one of the group.

I did not know Kate well, but i enjoyed her sense of humour and found her to be open and friendly. When Ed asked me my opinion of Kate because he really liked her i began to take a lot more notice. As their relationship grew i too got to know Kate better.

Friendly, caring, honest, loving, supportive she is a beautiful person inside and out - the fact that she makes my brother deliriously happy is a bonus.

I now count Kate as a close friend, she can do anything she puts her mind to, and is dedicated to the core. She is Aes Sedai to the core, and actually raising Kate as such is merely a formality.

So it is with great pleasure Mother that i stand here and speak for Kate, she is suitable to be Aes Sedai in every way shape and form.

Ama kissed Kate quickly on the cheek then went to stand by her brother, taking his hand in her own and squeezing lightly. Together they waited.

Three have spoken, and it is half done.

Come now, Kate, and speak your oaths to Ajah and Tower so all that can be done, will be done under the Light.

*listens to her sponsors with pride as each one of them had touched her heart in one way or another*

:smile:

*knowing it's her turn, she takes a deep breath--finally noticing her monkey man hanging out in the rafters--and begins*

I swear to respect all members of the WT Community, despite any differences we might have in background or opinion. As Aes Sedai are sisters, this Org is my online family and I will treat them as such.

*glances back up to the rafters and grins before continuing*

I swear to always remain a member of this Community at heart, even if life might take me away from it for a time, and always strive to return to it. Once an Aes Sedai, always an Aes Sedai.

*with the fullest confidence, speaks her last oath*

I swear to be a true and faithful member of the Blue Ajah and to uphold the dignity and ideals of my Ajah and the White Tower. I am a true member of the Blue Ajah.

Edited by Kate

As you have sworn, so shall it be. From this day forward you will be known as Kate, Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah. Welcome home, Sister - we have waited long for you!

Rise, and receive your Shawl from the First Selector.

(After which I'm sure Ed will want to say a few words, so give him time before you jump all over Kate, ok? *winks*)

Daruya glides forward, a blue shawl draped over her arm. Stopping in front of Kate, she carefully unfolds the shawl, drapes it over Kate's shoulders, and murmurs.

Welcome home, Kate. We have waited long for you!

Beaming, Daruya gives Kate a warm hug and a kiss on each cheek before stepping back and making a show of straightening the new Blue shawl.

Congratulations, Sister!

Edited by Daruya

Ed peered down from the rafters, and when he heard Elgs say his name, he grabbed the rope and swung down, silently. He bowed to Elgee before turning to Kate and the people gathered.

Thank you, Mother.

I met Katelyn what seems like yesterday, yet it was about 9 months ago. It's crazy to imagine where'd I be if I didn't meet her at all. The thing is, I'm sure it was bound to happen anyways. We couldn't not know who the other was in time, and us randomly being thrown into this G+ chat at the same time, that was just a bonus push.

Of course, what little I was able to talk to Kate that day, I found to be of great interest. I mean, she was playing Call of Duty or some other such trivial game at the time, so I didn't talk to her a WHOLE lot. :wink:

But me and Kate found ourselves in more and more Hangouts with each other, more often than not, being the last two of a larger starting group. I added her on MSN, and we'd talk there. Not too long after we met, she asked me my views on dying. I was a bit shocked, but she explained that she was considering joining the Army and wanted to talk to someone who was already in the service about how they felt about it. I would have helped anyone with the little bit of insight I could impart as young as I am, but this woman had me laying myself bare.

I don't know why, but I talked to her about my deepest fears concerning deployments and what I would leave behind. And I'm glad I did. It helped her - with a few more conversations about joining - to decide it was what she wanted to do. And screw what her mother said. :ohmy:

Then, one day, Kate wasn't answering IMs. >.>

Ithi and I were both trying to get a hold of her, and she should have answered. Not right away, sure, because, being the creeper that I am, I knew she was in class. Like...exactly what times she'd be in and out of class. <.<

But she wasn't responding and MSN kept signing her in and out. Let me tell you, she received a mouthful over PM!

Oh, and it turns out she overslept that day.

So, not counting that day, I've seen Kate stubbornly push through school. I'm talking boulder up a mountain status here. Kate had school, soccer, DM, Ithi, me, and more to deal with. (I think we all know Ithi was the most hassle :wink: )

She runs on little to sleep, some red bulls, and the sheer will to succeed. Did I tell you she once did an 8-page paper in like 3 or 4 hours? Had to wake up at 0330 in the morning. Crazy. But she is stubborn.

Most people either go out and then suffer the consequences of not doing it before hand...Kate will just sacrifice sleep, because you can sleep when you're dead, right?

And the Lord knows she can't just be a full-time student! She needs soccer. Both to coach and play. I think Ithi put it best, if Kate has 90 minutes free in the day, that is totally enough time to fit a two-hour class. But I admire and love her dedication.

There are few people who can do what she can. I know I couldn't without help. Not just the fact that I can't play soccer nor know the rules, but I like sleep.

You may wonder why I went on so long about that part of Katelyn, and that is because her willpower, her stubbornness, and her need to push herself...that is the second-best about her.

The first part is her looks. She may not see it, but I do. :wink:

Kate, whose beauty surpasses that of any other woman...and psst, guess what. She doesn't even wear makeup. :ohmy:

Her hair naturally is wavy, framing a beautiful face with stunningly blue eyes.

I love her for all this and more.

Overall, Katelyn is a woman who is Aes Sedai. She deserves the shawl more than some, and if we lived in Randland, I'm sure she'd be on her way to becoming the Amrylin or killing the Dark One.

In celebration of this event, I have order platters of cheese and goblets of water for those gathered. ^.^

Enjoy. :laugh:

Awwwww

First off, sorry about before

Congrats Kate!!!!!

They still can't make us grow up ;) MWAHAHAHA

Congratulations Kate. You make a great example of what an Aes Sedai should be. The Tower and the Blues are lucky to have you.

* moves quietly to stand next to his Blue*

Congrats Kate and the Blueberries! The plotting games are afoot! Tower beware.... They're UP to something. I've seen it in Dar's twitchy eyelids. :wink:

Welcome to the Sisterhood, Kate! *snugglebites*