DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Stasis Boxes

Randommer

So, we've seen the Shadow turn up with all sorts of goodies from the AoL: the gholam, dreamspikes, random servant creatures, etc. Moridin in particular seems to have access to a lot of good stasis boxes, some of them presumably stocked by him in the AoL. But what are they? I always feel like I missed some sort of exposition bit about them, but I don't think I actually did. Considering the fact that they're only ever mentioned by the Forsaken, it would be easy to think they're a Shadow thing only - something to do with 'vacuoles' or whatever - but Graendal once seemed surprised that Moridin had 'found' so many when she couldn't find any decent ones, so that makes it seem unlikely.

Presumably then they're just OP-powered storage devices, used by both sides in the war of power. And considering that the Light was losing at different times, I find it hard to imagine they wouldn't at least have stashed some valuable stuff. I also find it hard to imagine that Lews Therin wouldn't have known the locations of a few; or maybe he had one of his own. It would certainly even the playing field a bit in TG if the Light could find a dreamspike or two.

There's a fair bit of ToM Rand is unaccounted for, and it would be very interesting if one of the things he was doing was a bit of stasis box raiding. Anyone else think it's likely?

The HoV was kept in a stasis box.

Wait, what? Are you saying the HoV chest is a stasis box?

Yes, it was going to be kept for the Creator knew how long under a lake of distilled saidin (remember what happened to the pepple). Stasis boxes seem downright invincible and remember Lanfear's attitude when Rand put Fain's dagger in the box.

They probably would have told us.

Not necessarily; there's a chunk of missing time right before he goes to Merrilor iirc. Also, he could totally have sent people if he had a rough idea where something was and how to find it. I just can't help but think that Lews Therin's memories wouldn't be in some way useful; Moridin can't have found everything.

As for the geography thing, it seems like someone with a thorough knowledge of AoL and Randland geography could take a few educated guesses using clues, for example Shayol Ghul was a particular island, Far Madding apparently existed at the time, the locations of the two giant sa'angreal, etc.

Asmodean didn't know which it was. From what we know, all the Forsaken complain about how much the land changed. All the people in the breaking we have seen are amazed at how much it has changed. The Ogier couldn't find their stedding. It the Ogier couldn't find their stedding, which are huge, what makes you think that someone with the knowlege of geography of the AoL would know where to find stasis boxes, which would have to be far smaller than stedding.

Asmodean didn't know which it was. From what we know, all the Forsaken complain about how much the land changed. All the people in the breaking we have seen are amazed at how much it has changed. The Ogier couldn't find their stedding. It the Ogier couldn't find their stedding, which are huge, what makes you think that someone with the knowlege of geography of the AoL would know where to find stasis boxes, which would have to be far smaller than stedding.

Moridin managed it somehow. With the Ogier, it's a fair guess that it took a while after the Breaking for large maps to be rewritten, and the lack of Travelling would have made searching a lot more difficult. I'm not saying it would be easy to find statsis boxes, only that there are probably weaves which could be used to look and it would be possible.

actually finding stasis boxes would be easy, and for him easier yet, he had a jump on the rest of the forsaken so first dibs.

then he just went to major cities that dislike/mistrust channelling and ask them where they horde items of the power (maybe a little compulsion if there are no DF high ups around). I bet he took one or two from tear

Archived