DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand's Retirement Home

Maleshub

126 members have voted

1. 1. If Rand lives post-TG, where do you think he'll retire?

• Shara
    • Isle of Madmen
    • Tremalking and Sea Folk Isles
    • Two Rivers
    • Malkier / Liberated Blight
    • Rhuidean
    • Seanchan
    • Another Place (specify)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I figure that after the Last Battle that the Blight will somehow revert back to an idylic paradise. Wasn't the site of the Bore some sort of vacation island in the AoL? I figure Rand will stay there with Min. Avi and Elayne can gateway in for booty calls.

He is going to die, but he has to be resurrected. And the Aelfinn said he would survive the Last Battle, so long as he died first. That along with the hope-building with Nynaeve etc. makes it extremely unlikely he'll end the series dead. And Rand would probably follow the precepts like a good boy, so no visiting after death.

Will be very very disappointed if Rand lives. We were promised his death from the very start.

Like I said, he's going to die. He's also going to be resurrected.

Aside from evidence in the books, his death would be more fitting of the story, the battle, and the sacrifice needed to seal the DO. It would be a heart-breaking ending; but he will have saved humanity from the DO's touch for a few thousand years.

However, he would have to live if he were to retire!

I don't think that Rand dying will happen. there are so many scenes that point to him dying like telling LTT that they can die after TG or telling Min that he won't survive, that he has to live to provide some surprise. It's how that we all don't know and that will be one of the cool parts in this.

I chose the Two Rivers like most people. It fits his attitude towards leaving it and also fits into the whole cyclical nature of the series. That's where he started and that's where he'll end. Manetheren was once there too and even if the Two Rivers doesn't become that grand it will definitely be a pretty sweet place. It has already seen a lot of changes so I figure he will go back there and help it out. As a scholar (I liked that idea). He made those schools after all so I think he will end up teaching other people.

I think he will be dead at the end of the books (he could die, get resurrected and die again after all) but if he was to survive I think he would retire to the Two Rivers at least for a while and travel to whatever city that really needed him, but for the most part I think it would be best for the world to deal with it's own problems, the Dragon's work is done. But like I said in another thread a while back, the idea of a grey bearded Rand, Min long dead, telling stories at the local inn trying to eat a meal one handed is sadder to me than Rand dieing and kicking back in TAR.

No never-healing wounds either. Or dragons, or herons, if he doesn't want them.

Yeah! Having a nice, hale Rand would be a welcome change!

In A Lily in Winter, I always loved Aviendha's reaction to sensing Rand's pain. "He is the Car'a'carn, as strong as the three-fold land." And then she cried.

Maybe he'll go back to the Two Rivers but I dont see him retiring or anything. He will be in some sort of leadership role, and with traveling he can go somewhere peaceful and secluded and still make it to all his important meetings ;)

All assuming he somehow makes it . . . please make it :sad:

I think that, if Rand lives, he would retire to the Black Tower, whether it remains in Andor, or re-locates. I think he would create a 'new mission' for hismelf, to ensure the Black Tower became some sort of guard over the World (over the World, I stress, not a Big Brother over the people). Or perhaps he would try to make it a true partner and equivalent to the White Tower, only I feel his approach would be different.

I also think that, perhaps initially, he would try to settle back in the Two Rivers, but would be in a 'Frodo' situation - he may have saved Two Rivers and everything he cares about, but couldn't find peace there himself.

Archived