DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Slayer's role in TG; Gitara Moroso Black Ajah?

Edynol

I have always wondered why Gitara Moroso sent Luc into the Blight. She said the outcome of TG depended on him going there. Seeing as she had the Foretelling, wouldn't she had known it would at least have a negative outcome? I mean, I don't think Luc was a darkfriend, not sure about Isam, I'm not sure how he was raised when he was taken as an infant, but I am thinking Breyan was a darkfriend and raised her son as one. So why would Gitara send Luc into the blight if she were not Black Ajah? Well, I have a small theory though nothing to really base it on.

We know Luc somewhat helped the TR when Perrin came and all that, but Perrin didn't trust him. But was he actually trying to help them in his own way, but because of Islam, he couldn't do as much as he wanted and has no control over what Slayer does in TAR? If Luc is still somehow one of the good guys, do you think he could somehow fight and win over Islam to help the Light in someway?

Here is the quote...

Loc Ch. 16

Dyelin nodded, a touch impatiently. "Gitara was counselor to Queen Mordrellen," she said briskly, "but she spent more time with Tigraine and Luc, Tigraine’s brother, than with the Queen. After Luc rode north, never to return, whispers said Gitara had convinced him that his fame lay in the Blight, or his fate. Others said it was that he would find the Dragon Reborn there, or that the Last Battle depended on him going. That was about a year before Tigraine disappeared. Myself, I doubt Gitara had anything to do with it, or with Luc. She stayed the Queen’s counselor until Mordrellen died. From heartbreak over Tigraine on top of Luc, so it was said. Which began the Succession, of course."

In addition just because she had the foretelling does not mean she would know about any negative outcome. All she would know is "the Last Battle" depended on him going. I guess it's possible that Gitara was black although highly unlikely without any other hints besides a possible scenario from this quote. Without her the DR would not have been born and her reputation was very good. To my mind she is in that top group of competent AS we have seen.

I know why she sent Tigraine away, but sending Luc had nothing to do with Rand being born. But the LB outcome does depend on Slayer doing something, what will that be? Maybe killing Fain? Or turn against the DO?

That could be it, but that honestly sounds a little too....Simplified IMO. He didn't really have that much of an impact there. I mean, that could very well have been part of it, but I think there has to be more to it than just that. lol. Maybe it was his battle with Perrin over the dreamspike that lead to Perrin deciding to put down the blacksmith hammer and take up the war hammer and fully accept his role as a leader? Otherwise, if he remained the same old Perrin, he might have hesitated in sending TR folks to their deaths or something similar which would have turned the battle in the DO's favor. Though I don't really believe that's it either. At least, not all of it. I dunno. I just think there might be something more to Slayer than just being a villain is all. Not talking about his powers, but his mind.

Maybe it's more to do forcing the succession than Luc actually doing something useful, not sure why to be honest. I'm sure someone could make an argument saying that the current royal house of Andor is vital to winning the last battle

Nah. First, Slatyer never entered the Tower of Ghenji, that we know of. That time he disappeared there in TAR was just him exiting TAR, because it can't be entered via TAR. Lanfear died in the Finn world, the DO grabbed her soul, and brought her back as Cyndane, that's all that happened there. And Luc leaving had nothing to do with it cause Tigrain was still there at the time. It wasn't til she was gone the whole succession thing became an issue I think.

Maybe it's more to do forcing the succession than Luc actually doing something useful, not sure why to be honest. I'm sure someone could make an argument saying that the current royal house of Andor is vital to winning the last battle

This is also a good idea. She never says anything about Slayer.

Nah. First, Slatyer never entered the Tower of Ghenji, that we know of. That time he disappeared there in TAR was just him exiting TAR, because it can't be entered via TAR. Lanfear died in the Finn world, the DO grabbed her soul, and brought her back as Cyndane, that's all that happened there. And Luc leaving had nothing to do with it cause Tigrain was still there at the time. It wasn't til she was gone the whole succession thing became an issue I think.

We do know that someone came after her though because of what Moiraine said.

In NS Moiraine talked about them using her to lay claim to the Sun Throne since she was a Demodred and possibly the Lion Throne because Taringail's marriage to Tigrain, but since a man couldn't take the Lion Throne, they would use her as his half-sister to possibly lay claim to it. Or something like that.

I know she would never do it, but just using that as an example of their other options aside from a Succession.

My favourite theory is that Gitara just had to get rid of Luc before she could send Tigraine to the waste. Otherwise, had Luc been around, he would have followed Tigraine and brought her back, meaning Rand never gets born. Pretty huge impact on TG...

Archived