DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Verin and portal stones

So i was reading the ebook version of the great hunt. I dont know why i have never seen this when i have read the regular paper editions of the books but, in one chapter Verin says that she knows of 3 portal stones one of wich is in the waste. She then tells rand that she has only been to one of them and thats the one in arad doman. My question is how did she find out about the one in the waste and when did she find otu about it, and was she lying yet again when she said she had never been to it.

In TSR Rand finds a book in Tear with a description of a portal stone near Rhuidean. IIRC Verin doesn't reveal how she knows whatever she knows, of portal stones. Just states it flatly in TGH with a tinge of regret that she can't question "Selene" about her readings on the subject. ( That would have been fun indeed though I suspect Verin might not have survived).

Aes Sedai know a lot about the Aiel but surprisingly they don't know about Wise Ones. Interesting.

Much like the Windfinders by custom Wise Ones have avoided all contact with AS so they can't recognize them as channelers.

Aes Sedai know a lot about the Aiel but surprisingly they don't know about Wise Ones. Interesting.

Much like the Windfinders by custom Wise Ones have avoided all contact with AS so they can't recognize them as channelers.

I thought that the Aiel avoided contact with anyone too. The Aiel rarely left the Three-fold Land, and aes Sedai were not allowed in their, so I think that what they knew about the Aiel wasn't from meeting them too much.

I thought that the Aiel avoided contact with anyone too. The Aiel rarely left the Three-fold Land, and aes Sedai were not allowed in their, so I think that what they knew about the Aiel wasn't from meeting them too much.

Well yeah, obvs the Aiel don't mingle much but the part about WOs comes straight from the BWB...

By custom these women avoid all contact with Aes Sedai, probably to prevent the Aes Sedai from recognizing the channelers among them...

Yes, must have been during the Aiel War if at all, or maybe in a stedding meet sometime earlier. Lots of people go to Chaendar (?) - gai'shain of WO, random clan members accompanying somebody who wants to have a bash etc. Maybe they wold speak of it since it is not Rhuidean directly. But she'd have to have either pried out a description of the locale and recognised it or shown the Aiel a picture.

Kadere might be an abnormal case being what he is. And the portal stone isn't in Rhuidean. In fact until Rand and Asmodean lifted the fog outsiders might never connected the two dots on Rhuidean and the fog. The Aiel were and are great at keeping secrets.

Archived