DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What Nation would you choose to live in?

Where would you want to live in WoT? (Westerlands)  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What Nation of the Westerlands in the WoT series would you want to live in?

• Shienar
    • Kandor
    • Altara
    • Amadicia
    • Andor
    • Arad Doman
    • Arafel
    • Cairhien
    • Ghealdan
    • Illian
    • Murandy
    • Saldaea
    • Tarabon
    • Tear

I am sure that this topic has come up before but I couldn't find it using the search so I figured may as well create this topic. Which of the Westlands would you live in taking into account culture, values, threats, etc?

For me it came down to two, Shienar and Murandy. I think I would enjoy the purpose of Shienar and the values they carry with them. Though, I'll admit, it would not be the best place to raise a family, something about their culture and customs draws me to it. On the other hand I think I would also enjoy Murandy. Everyone loves and underdog and there doesn't seem to be a bigger one in the Westlands. Also, they seem to be a culture I would enjoy as well....Berelain doesn't hurt either, haha.

So, where would you live?

Andor... i'm a good queens man and all, but its also large enough that you don't have nobles tramping all over you and can just live your own life unhindered by anything (with the exception of conscription during a succession or the last battle)

Plus you have one of the greatest city's in the westlands as your capital.

For me it came down to two, Shienar and Murandy. I think I would enjoy the purpose of Shienar and the values they carry with them. Though, I'll admit, it would not be the best place to raise a family, something about their culture and customs draws me to it. On the other hand I think I would also enjoy Murandy. Everyone loves and underdog and there doesn't seem to be a bigger one in the Westlands. Also, they seem to be a culture I would enjoy as well....Berelain doesn't hurt either, haha.
Berelain is from Mayene. Which is a city state, so a bit more of an underdog than Murandy. So much of an underdog it didn't even make it to your poll - and neither did Tar Valon or Far Madding. So I'm going to say those three, just to be awkward.

Cairhien, it is a nice place on the river not to hot or cold. I hate cold, but then I wouldn't want to live in a seaside city like Tear, Illian etc.. Me and sea don't do well. Cairhien is a good country , the people are as good as any, and it is relatively balanced. The political squabbles wouldn't bother me much, compared to some of the other...peculiarities of some other nations.

Berelain is from Mayene. Which is a city state, so a bit more of an underdog than Murandy. So much of an underdog it didn't even make it to your poll - and neither did Tar Valon or Far Madding. So I'm going to say those three, just to be awkward.

Swing and a miss on my part. I forgot Falme too. Good thing I voted Shienar anyway! haha

I'd like to live in Arafel, in Shol Arbela, for a couple of reasons. One is that it is only sparcely described, no one has visited in on-screen(yet), but it is described as being one of the few places in Randland not made with the Power or Ogier to be truly beautiful.

The people from Arafel are said to be...odd, and those we've seen have lived up to that promise. I'd like to see what a whole country would be like.

Likewise, I want to live in Shara or the Land of Madmen. Down with the system!

Voted Arafel; but I would live in any borderlander kingdom except Saldea (wouldn't survive a Saldean wife).

There, one would be fighting the Shadow and guarding humanity against the DO.

If the Aiel were an option, I would have voted for them right away. They're my favorite by a mile.

I would have to go with Shienar. By and large, the people from Shienar seem to have the best grasp of life. No civil wars, honor is a primary driver in thier life. Im not talking about percieved honor. How other people see them. That is a big problem with the Aiel. I mean actual, do the right thing honor. Not because its expected of them by neighbors, but simply because it must be done. That is awesome.

Far Mading. No channeling, no weapons (this can be a problem of course, but argument for another time), and women do all the work. :wink: Not to mention living on an island in the middle of a like would make for great viewing year round.

Andor for me. I like the country and being away from everything. Like in the Two Rivers. And have never had any desire to play the Game of Houses.

My thoughts exactly, the Two Rivers life is the sort of life I aspire to when I retire in 36 years time :D

Archived