DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mazrim and Logain

Mazrim182

Hello all, been lurking on these boards for a few months after finishing my first read through of WoT and joined the other day.

Now I'm still a massive Noob when it comes to theorising and speculating on AMOL but I've had a feeling in my gut about these two ever since Logain was healed and Mazrim started acting "dark" for lack of a better word. My feeling is that RJ has pulled a fast one, a big fat red herring so to speak and Taim is going to pull a "Snape" at some point in AMOL and reveal he's been working as a double agent for the light this whole time and Logain will reveal he's really a darkfriend.

This is only a feeling I have and unfortunately I haven't got any proof at this point but I thought it would be interesting for you more learned WoT fans to discuss and give your opinion on and maybe present facts either for or against what I think.

Well Logain's loyalty is still up for debate.

Taim is certainly involved with the Shadow. He has access to Shayol Ghul stones to use for his palace. Literally.

I don't think there is anything to suggest that Taim has been working as a double agent. He seems fully for the Shadow and hasn't done anything good. In fact he has made matters quite a lot worse for Rand.

Also, we have kinda already had the Snape moment with Verin.

That's what bugs me so much, there is nothing to suggest that Taim is doing anything for the light but I still have the feeling that he has been pulling the wool over even the dark ones eyes somehow, so much so that he has access to the SG rocks and the command of the future dreadlords.

The Verin moment was brilliant but the speculation over her true allegiance was never as one sided as Taims from what I gather, like I mentioned I've only been visiting this site since February so I may be wrong. Taims light revelation would be more Snape like than Verin because it would come from so far left field it would be staggering for us as readers and the followers of the DO.

It's just a feeling but we all know that RJ liked to play with his readers so I dunno.

Also I used Logain as the Antipode to Taim, what with Mins viewing of his future glory everyone is safely assuming it will be for the light as people assume Taim will be dark.

Yeah, I know what you mean about Logain and his viewing. IT could turn out the same as Sheriam. (We think it is good, but turns out to be something bad)

The thing with your theory about Taim is that there is nothing to prove or disprove it at this point. There isn't much more I can really add. We will just have to RAFO really.

I would disagree merely for the fact that I don't know if you can really pull one over on the father of lies/the DO. Verin was able to pull it off, because she was only dealing with Black Ajah and Forsaken. However the DO is incalculably old and has seen/been the architect of every scheme possible, so it would take a performance the likes of which the world has never seen to fool him. In order for Taim to go to Shayol Ghul he has to have had dealing directly with the DO or possibly Shaidar Haran in which case i think the DO would have known his lies.

With RJ I never discount anything, because well he likes to keep us guessing. However I would not believe this one until i read it.

Hmm, I agree with you about the DO and Taim visiting SG, of course he couldn't hide his true intentions from the DO if his true intentions were towards the light but maybe he's being used as a proxy by one of the forsaken, most possibly Demandred or Moridin if so meaning he hasn't had any direct contact with the DO at SG? He could have pulled the wool over a forsakens eyes enough to be put in such of a position where he can somehow throw a spanner in the works of the DO?

As I say it's just a feeling and anything is possible with RJ, defo RAFO on this one, lol

For me i most definitely think taim is a completely evil person. he has done a really good job of pulling authority away from rand and dividing the black tower. and to be honest even logain has (perhaps inadvertantly because of taims influence, or intentionally) has actually done the same thing. Rand really isnt the deciding factor at the black tower from what i can see, he established it then left it to its own devices. this is going to be a battle that comes down to taim and logain. in fact i will actually be dissapointed should rand do anything to reclaim it, unless it ends up being that he goes there to fix things and ends up dying. And given that logain has been missing i believe it sets him up even more to come in with some new knowledge or recruits or something that will allow him to gain control of the BT; his absence is a bit of a set up for something momentous just like moiraines, albeit hasnt been missing as long as her. Ramble ramble point being taim = bad, logain = solution. i do like your idea that taim is a ripped out hero, i dont agree with it but i do think its a cool idea to throw out.

I think that Taim already had his surprising change when we figured out that he was a DF. It wasn't something completely changing, but it was a change. I don't think that RJ would have wanted Taim to suddenly go back to being good after dividing the BT, turning good AMs into darkfriends, and trying to kill Rand. That would be completely ridiculous, for me at least. I think that Logain will definitely be the one that brings Mazrim to justice, fixes the BT, and helps fight for Caemlyn.

Archived