DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Unasked Questions about Verin

csnyder

I think with the size of the Kin, it would be hard to keep out DFs. However, they may not have had direct contact with BA, because they may have just reported directly to one of the Forsaken or higher Dfs.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah I never said she got most of them, just cleansed the tower of them. And I never said there were Aes Sedai in the Kin. I said they most likely had darkfriends in their ranks who might as well be Black Ajah, if not officially. You don't think the DF among the Kin have zero contact with members of the BA, do ya?

From the evidence presented during the Bowl of the Winds arc, it seems likely the BA did not know anything about the Kin. Choosing The Farm as the spot to use the Bowl of the Winds was done, at least in part, because the BA would not know about location. Questioning of the captured BA revealed the ignorance IIRC. Fairly certain no other material indicates any connection, so it seems fairly certain there has been zeron contact between the BA and the Kin. Are there suppporing reasons for your conjecture?

Yes. The BA showed up right where they went to get the bowl, and I don't remember anyone telling them where they were going. Then on their way back, after using the bowl, when the Black sisters were killed, someone had to kill them, and I don't think it was the other AS, and I think one of them said something about there being darkfriends among the kin after that. I'll have to look it up.

Might have. I wanna think Careane was it, I forgot. But I'm pretty sure at least some of the Kin are Darkfriends. Maybe the BA as a whole doesn't know about them, but I am sure the Foresaken at least do. I mean, it is possible the Kin is 100% darkfriend clean, but I find it very unlikely.

Yeah, I also find it unlikely that the Kin is DF free, but since it is composed only of WT dropouts, the rate is probably less, because the BA probably tries to get the least amount of their own kicked out. But it is not entirely DF free, yes.

Yeah, I also find it unlikely that the Kin is DF free, but since it is composed only of WT dropouts, the rate is probably less, because the BA probably tries to get the least amount of their own kicked out. But it is not entirely DF free, yes.

The BA usually recruits after someone is raised to Aes Sedai (Liandrin being one of the exceptions), so the chance of a White Tower dropout being BA is quite slim; they would have to have been a darkfriend before going to the White Tower.

the kin probably have just the regular amount of darkfriends that you find around the world. The white tower is particularly high couse the recruiting is quite active there and not just waiting for people to become a darkfriend. Perhaps also the tower being a place of power attracts those that are so inclined to, they are more likely to come and be tested to see if they can channel.

True. And seeing as there are some DFs that probably don't even know which AS are BA and I doubt the BA would even care about regular DFs, DFs could go train at the tower and talk with a black sister everyday for years and neither would know the other was a darkfriend. So maybe those DFs that fail the tests or learn all they need to leave the tower and find their way to the kin somehow.

Another reason there are no DF (at least among the Kin around Elayne/Sea Folk around Elayne) is the fact that the BA (Careane) was actively creating friction between the two groups a la Lord of Chaos Rule strategy and the BA's surprise at the Kin's sheer numbers. I would like the plot device that all Kin were Shadow, but I find it very unlikely; especially due to the Forsaken's haughtiness with those weak in the Power/improperly trained.

To revert to the topic at hand, Verin, let's try and refrain from speculation that Verin is Nakomi from a Mirror World and work with suppositions that have some textual evidence. I might throw out the idea that AS and Aiel are aliens from another world that are actually anomalies in Randland and the DO is trying to snuff them out as a self-correcting mechanism of the Pattern. Through a long period of breeding with actual Randlandworlders, the formerly blond/blue-eyed AS branched out to encompass other parts of the World - making the Nakomi we saw the pure/untainted soul-version of Verin from her and the AS/Aiel's original homeland/world.

In any case, Verin, while an important proprieter of the Purge, was not the sole reason she was merely quite efficient at finding them; remember AS balked at the idea of the BA's existence (this may have been a technique of the BA themselves...) so Seaine making that ideological step and actually REUSING the Oath Rod was quite a big deal.

Archived