DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wheel of Time Hardcovers BCE

hey, if you are patient, and look in the right places, you can get the full editions for pretty cheap. i went around my city to bargain book sales, and used book stores. there's always a few WOT books, usually in great condition. my buddy just picked up like 8 of them for like 40 or 50 bucks, at a hospital book sale at the mall.

but in regards to your question, the book club editions are fine. just an inch smaller in height and width (not thickness, obviously). whatever you decide, enjoy :)

hey, if you are patient, and look in the right places, you can get the full editions for pretty cheap. i went around my city to bargain book sales, and used book stores. there's always a few WOT books, usually in great condition. my buddy just picked up like 8 of them for like 40 or 50 bucks, at a hospital book sale at the mall.

but in regards to your question, the book club editions are fine. just an inch smaller in height and width (not thickness, obviously). whatever you decide, enjoy :)

Ya but, book club edition's also have cheaper/lighter/weaker paper, binding, DJ, and overall build quality. Do the normal WoT books use a sewn or glued binding?

And is half the price worth the downgrade in quality?

I'd appreciate any answers or help, there's a book club sale on and i'd like to get them now. Is the quality of the publishers hardcover vastly superior in quality, or only a tiny bit?

Can't say for certian but I have had binding issues with the publishers hardcovers. Have had to replace a few them although I used to read them far more frequently than I do now.

heh, i've had more than one of my hardcovers from the first quarter of the series fall apart on me, and they were normal hardbacks, first editions. i was a kid at the time, so i didn't take the greatest care of em, but they were also known for falling apart back then. i havn't had that kind of problem with tor hardbacks in a long time, although i have also grown up and don't abuse my books as badly as i used to.

oh and i can say from experience, they are glued (used to have one where a whole section of the book fell out heh)

I'd recommend ebay for the hardcovers. I got most of the hardcovers for like $5-$10 each, including shipping. Very cheap.

I accidentally bought a BCE of The Fires of Heaven on the first go-around, and I thought the build quality was inferior. The text is noticeably smaller and more cramped too.

• 1 year later...
Guest cjlimey

I'm actually looking for a BCE of A Memory Of Light.  My wife has BCEs of every other volume.  We were getting them from Science Fiction Book Club, but the Canadian branch closed and the US branch won't sell them to me.  

OR - if anyone can give me the ISBN of the BCE I'd be very happy - that'd help me find a copy from Abe Books, eBay or Amazon.  Thank you! :-)

Archived