DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sig making guild?

Liitha

Is "I Wish It Be Christmas Everyday" a Tune??  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Is "I Wish It Be Christmas Everyday" a Tune??

• TUNE!!!!
    • NO TUNE!!!!

well after discusing with Lor and really missing a place to discuss these sort of things without them beeing drowned in other non related subjects we come up with the idea of potentialy have an own guild for it

The consept of the sig guild would be to discuss idea's for sigs, exchange sources for things needed to make sigs, tips & tricks for using programs to make sigs with,host auctions and take on requests from DM members on sigs.

If you are interested in joining such a guild then plz let us know bellow cause we need a sertaint amount of peoples to even get close to beeing allowed doing this...aka 10 interested...thats just to get the first phase started on aplying to potentialy get such a thing

also just asking generaly if peoples think its need for such a place on DM

Yeap, I am interested, and would also be interested in making siggies similar to those like mine below.

However, one question that springs to mind...why make a seperate Guild, and not make it part of the Artist Guild? In a way, it could actually make the Artist Guild more active, and if people knew siggies could be made there, they would go and visit the artwork of others on this site.

Of course, it may need to be approved by the current Artist ORG Leader, but it could be a part within that ORG, along with the artwork of the others. Thus, there would be 2 directions for that ORG.

Just my thoughts.

I think Corki is right. I think that anyone making those amazing sigs must be something of an Artist in any case. So why not combine the two?

I just read the thread on the Artist Org board about this. I don't know how active any private board is (if there is one), but the main board doesn't seem to be that busy. As sig making is so popular, surely the Artist Org should be begging to be hosting those discussions?!

Also, each person who makes sigs could have a request thread showing what sort of sigs they make, and also saying what info they need to make it. In a way, make a shop system. And whoever the ORG Leader is could make a rank system according to whoever has the most requests etc etc (supermarket, corner shop etc etc, but give it more of a WoT theme!)

Then discussions could be held about the things that Ata suggested - sources, tips (as I would like to improve from my rather primitive designs) and other such thing.

I believe such a system would be beneficial. Plus Ata, you could have another output for your siggy competition. I also suggest that whoever the ORG Leader is/will be advertises that sigs can be made there in the text that describes each ORG.

Just more ideas I am having insteading of doing my Latin! lol!

Being someone who makes sigs sometimes, I'm actually more with Corki and Egwene on this. I honestly don't think it needs to be it's own Org. We have so many already and half of them are not very active.

I'd be interested in being a part of whatever happens though. But I go through sig making phases where I just don't want to make them... lol. I'm a temperamental sig maker... ;P

nods i tried to join art org but not many sig makers in there they make them from time to time but main focus is other art and i for one if we just up and joined 5-10-15 of us would feel like we where spaming their boards

I see the Artist Guild as quite insular. It may not be, but the lack of obvious activity gives that impression.

However, giving it something could be very beneficial to the ORG as well as DM. It may even bring out those who are current members, and make others more aware of their artwork. I am not, and I guess the rest of DM is likewise.

All I see is benefit to the Artist Guild as well as DM, unless someone is able to show me otherwise.

As for spamming their board, I don't think we would. If you did what I suggested (i.e. the shop idea), things would be confined to specific threads. If there are so many of us, maybe people could team up (eg Corki & Ata Co. etc etc etc) and this would lessen the threads. But it may also bring out those current members of the Artist ORG from their closet, and make us even more aware of their time and effort at their art.

lol, we're also discussing this in that sig thread on the Artist board (where I think you posted too, Corki). Ata had an idea of making it a sub guild like the Warders are to the WT. Then the Sig Makers could have their own board, etc. Though, I just thought of something... it'd have to be a public board, so people don't have to join to request sigs. Or they just request on the public board and we discuss all the sig action on the private...

Either way, I don't mean to sound like I'm discouraging the Org idea (Ata, Lor, etc). If you feel there are enough interested and you have a presentation for the admins, then go for it... :) I was just sharing my opinion.

These are all good ideas! I like the one Corki came up with about having differant threads for differant artists.. I think that sounds like fun!

As far as the artist's org.. I think we could share fine, I havn't a clue what they would feel about it though. They might feel like they were being invaded.

It might be overkill though to make a seperate guild for it. We do already have a lot of inactive parts of DM as it is.. I don't think that would be a problem with a sig makers guild though.

The reason for a separate place is because the Artist's Org seems to be for actual artists (ie, the ones who draw their own stuff instead of borrow it...). It's been expressed that trying to bring up sig-making topics is usually met with less than stellar results there and this would give those with the skill at making sigs the opportunity to "show their stuff" without being intimidated or take away from the artists DM houses. Should this get off the ground, it would be a place where people could request sigs be made, we would have sig auctions and the boards would be very open for conversation about the skills involved in making them (ie, tips about PhotoShop, PaintShop, etc. as well as where to find art that meets the requirements DM has for the artwork). The requests would drive the activity off the artist's board and opening that door might well create some static there.

Does that clarify the need a bit more?

Like I told Ata, I'm really busy right now with trying to graduate and all, but I do think that this is a good idea. I know that I sometimes would like a sig done with an image I have, since I can only add text with my crappy paint lol.

So having a place where there are tips of programs, and a place that all sig makers hang out at, I think would be beneficial, since people are always making threads in every org asking for sigs...it only makes sense that the sig makers should have their own place to combine their talents and ideas.

I agree and would rather stay out of the artists hair.. I can see why they wouldn't want any of this there. I have just heard some of the opposition for starting a new guild for it. Really though, that is what I would rather see happen. I think it would be a really cool place to hang out and be able talk to the other people who enjoy making siggies too. I really really hope this gets off the ground! I have been excited about it since I saw it yesterday.

Guest Arie Ronshor

What might be an idea is to nominate someone as a "Residential Siggie Expert(s)" and go from there within the division. They are still part of the Artist group, but Siggie makers, in a way, is still a different type of art.

just a thought.

We've been discussing this on the Artist Org board under that "Siiggy Please" thread I think it is. ((*hint hint* head over there)) The best idea right now is a Discussion Group. We wouldn't have to do all the Org stuff (and you have to be a DG for 90 days anyway before becoming an Org) and then we'd be out of the Artist's hair too.

Also the idea of a sub org to the Artist Org was being discussed, but that means talking to Joe, etc.

And Tessa, definitely there'd be discussion threads on how certain makers do what they do, etc. :) I want to learn everyone's tips and tricks myself.

okey after discusing with Lor we descided all in all to try and get a DG

10 peoples minimum list

1. Ata

2. Loraine

3. Jhaenara

4. Son of Battles

5. Tessa

6. Vanion

7. Arie

8. TaeaDawn

9. Zardi

10. Raena

11. Corki

12. TheDemigod

13. Lara

14. Egwene

15. Illiara

16. Demandred Valerius

someone lacking or want off/on the list?

Archived