DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Demandred and Mazrim Taim

oddbit

I looked for a discussion already started about this but I couldn't find one so sorry if this is a repost.

So this is all speculation but these two seem so blatantly similar but I have heard that Jordan said that Mazrim Taim is not Demandred or that Demandred has not appeared in the books as someone we know yet or something like that.

It's driving me crazy as I'm reading through them again.(on book 6 atm)

What do y'all think. Part of me thinks he is Mazrim Taim and part of me thinks Jordan is trying to make it so obvious that we will be surprised later when he someone completely different.

Who do you think Demandred is?.

If RJ was anyone else (Joss Whedon comes to mind) I would say that Taim was supposed to be Demandred but when all the fans picked up on it so quickly he changed his mind. Alot of the clues that point to anything Demandred has been Word of God-ed out of contention. The line 'Demandred always liked using proxies' essentially means that anything you can think of that would be Demandred can be told with complete truthfulness to not be him but also be orchastrated by him.

It means that any of the theories about who Demandred is posing at are probably wrong and looking for clues as to who he is is futile. I do like the idea that he has been in a portal world recruiting people though, even if I don't buy it.

I do wonder whether RJ made the Taim-Demandred clues so obvious on purpose to put the fans on a false trail.

I also suspect him of postponing the revealing of the murderer of Asmodean to keep us busy.

I still love my theory that Asmodean wasn't murdered, but just fell off a skimming platform into the void outside the pattern when one of the other Forsaken came to visit him. Not true, I know, but we all have had so much fun making up loony theories, it must have enjoyed RJ as well.

Demandred =Taim wasn't that accurate. While I did think of it, there are heaps of things that prevented Demandred=Taim even without RJ stating it straight out. At best I would say they bare obvious similarities, not that it was a sure thing.

If you want more theories about either or both of these characters have a look at:

Moridin=Taim

Demandred=Roedran (King of Murandy)

And there are heaps of other threads, most likely find a few relating to these two a few pages back in the General Discussion section.

Also, welcome to the forum! Have a good time.

Archived