Re-read reading order?

jimmy_black

23 members have voted

1. 1. which order to re-read

• chronological order?
    • release order?
    • other?

Hi guys :)

I did a search, but couldn't really find anything about this (though im sure it's been asked many times, sorry)

So, im about to do a re-read in preparation for aMoL :D and wanted to get peoples opinions on which order to do the re-read in (ie new spring)

in chronological order or release order

i've read them all (a number of times each, but never 1 - 13), so obviosuly NS want spoil anything for me..

Thanks for your help :D

Hi guys :)

I did a search, but couldn't really find anything about this (though im sure it's been asked many times, sorry)

So, im about to do a re-read in preparation for aMoL :D and wanted to get peoples opinions on which order to do the re-read in (ie new spring)

in chronological order or release order

i've read them all (a number of times each, but never 1 - 13), so obviosuly NS want spoil anything for me..

Thanks for your help :D

Go in chronological order, but start first with the strike on Shayol Guhl, followed by the prologue to The Eye of the World, followed by New Spring, and then on to the rest of the series.

sometimes I like to read them by arcs, like in TDR read perrins in one go and mats arc in one go and read the random characters in between. It's more of a way to skim the book and pick up on clues and other random tidbits. Not everyone likes to read it like that and I do end up skipping a lot of the early supergirl parts in favour of mats/rand/forsaken/cool scenes.

New Spring works at the beginning, but its far from optimal. I would strongly suggest reading it after Book 6-ish. That is a bit earlier than release order, but that's where its characters and plot lines will make the most sense.

I'm a big fan of reading in chronological order. That is my standard operating procedure these days for any re-read. However don't forget to grab the other two prequels, which combined with New Spring should be read in this order to be chronological: Strike at Shayol Ghoul, New Spring, Ravens. New Spring is admittedly the best of the three, but I do enjoy all of them. Ravens is a very short story, taking place in the Two Rivers perhaps five to ten years before the start of tEotW. Isn't great, but I think gives a lot of insight into Egwene as a character, and helps one understand the single-minded way she joins whatever organization with her whole heart. Just my two cents.

Archived