DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

maybe wrong place, i thought these were fun.

kght22

(crap i should have warned people that it is over 1 meg if they click on it, wish i could edit the title)

was thinking about the light following rand and came up with a couple very amature images.

sunnyhs.jpg

and i also thought of the idea of the day dawning twice as an eclipse:

eclipsemk.jpg

the sun should have been much smaller, but you can only do so much, and cant convey much with a tiny sun.

and yes the yellow in the first is supposed to be eye searing bright. if you jump to white after looking at it for a few seconds you should see a big disk burned on your eye

and sorry again, i get more than a megabyte a second, i am just used to it, and never thought about other connections. i apologize.

• 5 weeks later...

no, it's the bending of the light of the sun that creates that. If the eclipse just blots out the direct sunlight, blue light goes around it slightly and gives a blueish corona. Of the disk of what's eclipsing the sun is bigger, it just gets dark. If it's smaller (annular eclipse), it depends on how much smaller whether the eclipse will be white or blue.

If something with it's own atmosphere would blot out the sun, it might shift the color to something else (more UV or more reddish).

well as i said, very amature. in truth the sun should be allot smaller in this image if that is supposed to represent the circle of clear sky in places that rand and his harem happen to be. but my skill simply isn't up to the task of making it remotely interesting if the sun were at a more accurate size. just not very interesting if it is just a circle in the storm with a little disk of the sun in the middle, so i emphasized it's size greatly.

Archived