DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How will Rand bite it? (before he gets brought back)

Randommer

How will Rand bite it? (before he gets brought back)  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who will kill Rand? / How will he die?

• Fain
    • Mierin/Cyndane/The artist formerly known as Lanfear
    • Demandred
    • Moridin
    • Graendal
    • the Dark One
    • Taim
    • Member(s) of the Black Ajah / Shadow Asha'man
    • some sort of Moridin link-related suicide (possibly aided by Alivia)
    • his never-healing wounds
    • Other (please explain)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have a hard time believing that gawyn is going to do anything nasty towards rand. i know theres foreshadowing involving him doing something but ive felt that when he saved egwene and was bonded by her that he experienced his own kind of VoG. I think it became a turning point for him and he will play a better part of the obedient warder. I could be wrong so we will have to see, but i just figure with that in mind that the bloodrings are going to be used to save someones life on the side of the light, possibly rands, not take it. but who knows, i think i remember BS saying expect more balefire and that to me means anything could happen given you can erase any momentous event with it.

edit: ive always actually thought of a gawyn/galad showdown being more possible, maybe galad goes off on egwene, sees something that rubs his morals the wrong way, and goes after her, only to be stopped by gawyn

No idea who is going to kill him, he has far too many enemies.

It is plausible that a double KO scenario can occur with the likes of Shadar Haran, Moridin or Fain. They are all uber powerful

He could always choke on a pretzel...

I get why a twisted last minute Rand death is interesting. But those never healing wounds on his side have been placed there by the pattern to insure he dies at SG. How Alivia helps him is imposible to say. in fact how exactly his wounds rip open is tuff to say. But the simple answer is usually the best. I also find the baelfire resurection to be cheap. Nyneve has done what nobody else can time and again. Healing death is just the inevitable next step in her charactors development.

Archived