DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Can the sad bracelets and Callandor be used in unison?

csnyder

Since Rand is more or less the central main character, I thought it would be off (or maybe this offness is what RJ intended) for Rand not to be the director of the weaves in the destruction of the DO. Callandor, to be used safely, must be used in a circle of one-man, two-women with the one of the women in control (TPoD Ch.27). On the otherhand, two women control one man with the sad bracelets where eventually the link will leak its control to the man. I can see the sad bracelets used to control Moridin or some Dark male channeler when he somehow gets control of Callandor (ToM Ch.51, Min sees Callandor wielded by a 'black' hand). We have yet to see this 'back seepage' take center stage, and the fact that the sad bracelets seem to have multiples makes me believe they will appear again.

Luckers - That angreal can be used in 'forced circles'? If that's the case was the Elayne removing the bracelet related to exceeding the thirteen women limit in LoC (maybe ACoS...)?

So, quick question concerning 'forced circles'. With the a'dam, I assume this is not a traditional 'let's hold hands' circle so the OP strength does not improve for the wielder - is this the case with the sad bracelets or did Semirhage's OP strength get augmented with Rand (and Elza's?)?

people can not link while using the a'dam. We don't know what happens. Elayne removed it before finding out by accident. Egwene "talks in her head" about how they can not shield her with her having the sa angreal because they can not link.

Rings were never about more strength. In fact, you lose strength in a traditional circle - but you gain precision (and the benefits of coordination, naturally).

I have to disagree. I agree that linking does not allow for full strength stacking (It is not 1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1=13; where 1 equals a single person's full strength); however, it does allow for 0.9+0.9+0.9+0.9...=a definitely higher number than 1, which as a single unit far surpasses any individual's strength unaided. The benefits of coordination and precision are directly related to strength in the OP, and these benefits are due to the fact that one person leads the circle.

rand4747 - I agree. The a'dam, in my mind, is a 0+1 (where the 0 is the non-channeling sul'dam controlling the damane [1, at full power] through behaviorist methodology) versus Egwene's enhanced 0.9+0.9+0.9...circle.

its sort of an odd circle though because the suldam at least when they can channel can control it or allow the damane to control it if they want to. When Nyneve channels through the adam it is Moghedion weaving the flows, nynaeve is just controlling it, so its not a proper circle either. Because if it was Nyneve would be taking the power from Moghedion and weaving directly, So i think their powers are never combined, its one channeling or the other, or i guess if your skilled enough to you do both together but they are still separate and not combined.

Archived