DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello!

oddbit

I grew up reading fantasy and remembered seeing the WoT books but never picked them up until they were recommended to me in 2009. I finished them in about 2 months. I started reading them for the third time last month. I am on Lord of Chaos right now.

I am itching to talk and discuss the books with others.. I have found it difficult to find people who have read all of them. I hope this is the place to find such good discussion!

As a brief bit on me. I'm 33 and female and my favorite characters in the series are Verin, Min, Mat, Loial, Perrin, Egwene, Aviendha and Birgitte. I feel like I've listed all of the characters. If I had to name one favorite, it would be Verin. Characters I dislike? I find Faile frustrating. I don't agree with being manipulative like she so often is. It comes off petty and childish to me but Perrin gets her good every now and again and all is right with the world.

Anyhoo! I look forward to chatting with you all!

welcome Oddbit!! are u any realation to oddjob??lol

honestly?? not a lot of book or theory discussion happens in the Social Orgs they are mostly chatting funny threads and stuff. However i seriously suggest that you check them out!

the discussion board on the other hand will not only fufil your desire for good discussion with ppl who have read them all but will give u so much of it you will be wondering if you did the right thing!!! :rolleyes: I just started a couple of little ones there..your input would be great!

Hi and welcome to DM, Oddbit! Nice to have you here with us :) The more WoT addicts, the better ^.^

From your favorites, I like Verin, Mat, Egwene, Aviendha and Perrin too :) From Birgitte I'm not sure. Sometimes I really like her, but sometimes not quite. Siuan is my absolute favorite, though.

Do you have a favorite WoT nation?

Feel free to ask if you've got any questions! I hope you'll like it here!!

Welcome, welcome! Glad you've found us!

Verin is made of utter win, I must agree. I'm also a big fan of Mat... and the Mat and Birgitte interaction, which was absolutely amazing.

I'm going to second Dice's suggestion to check out the social groups -- he's right, there isn't a lot of book related discussion, but it's a great way to meet new friends who are WoT fans, and a ton of fun to be had!

Hello to you! Since you want to discuss the books and such you may want to take a look at the Social Groups and of course the Wheel of Time discussion area.

Thanks! I will check them out!

welcome Oddbit!! are u any realation to oddjob??lol

Thanks, and no, I'm not. But I'm sure that was a joke. Hehe!

honestly?? not a lot of book or theory discussion happens in the Social Orgs they are mostly chatting funny threads and stuff. However i seriously suggest that you check them out!

the discussion board on the other hand will not only fufil your desire for good discussion with ppl who have read them all but will give u so much of it you will be wondering if you did the right thing!!! :rolleyes: I just started a couple of little ones there..your input would be great!

Will do. Lol! I will check yours out. I love discussions.

Hi and welcome to DM, Oddbit! Nice to have you here with us :) The more WoT addicts, the better ^.^

From your favorites, I like Verin, Mat, Egwene, Aviendha and Perrin too :) From Birgitte I'm not sure. Sometimes I really like her, but sometimes not quite. Siuan is my absolute favorite, though.

Do you have a favorite WoT nation?

Feel free to ask if you've got any questions! I hope you'll like it here!!

I love Birgitte for her confidence in herself and her keeping up with the boys but still being a woman. I relate to that. I do like Siuan a lot too. Especially once she comes to terms with her feelings with Gareth.

WoT nation? Like Cairhien and Andor and such? Hmm.. I find Shara fascinating but mainly cause we know so little of it. I have mad respect for the borderlands and I think Cairhien's history and intrigues are interesting. I guess if I had to choose I would say Andor (or Manetheren if I can choose one that is no more). Andor just seems filled with the least crazy and the most brave and it seems peaceful and balanced there the majority of the time (in comparison to Tear or Cairhien).

Welcome, welcome! Glad you've found us!

Verin is made of utter win, I must agree. I'm also a big fan of Mat... and the Mat and Birgitte interaction, which was absolutely amazing.

I'm going to second Dice's suggestion to check out the social groups -- he's right, there isn't a lot of book related discussion, but it's a great way to meet new friends who are WoT fans, and a ton of fun to be had!

Yes, I love their interaction. I'm in Ebou Dar right now in the books and can't wait to get to it. I will definitely check into them.

Welcome Oddbit!

I also don't like Faile.

Which is your favourite scene?

Favorite scene.. hmm.. probably the First Sister bonding of Aviendha and Elayne. I thought it was beautifully written. It sticks out in my mind. I also love the experiences of Rand and Aviendha going through the columns of Avendesora. I love seeing the history and future in their eyes and seeing the hints of other ages. I sat down and broke down the experiences and studied them the second time I read the books trying to visualize how long and how many generations they went through. It fascinated me. I love analyzing the history/stories to see what Jordan was basing them on in our time and seeing what happens in this time that becomes myth and legend in ours. I also love every scene of Egwene when she is "captive" in the Tower prior to and during the Seanchan attack.

Archived