DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Was daigan Black??

dicetosser1

I was reading the gathering storm and this jumped out at me when Eggy is finished reading thru Verins book

"Some were Sitters, others were the lowest and least powerful of Aes Sedai 200 by Verins count"

I immeadiately thought of Daigan. I think she was Black!

Thoughts?

I think there were probably several other Aes Sedai with strengths close to Daigian. Relatively weak channelers are more common than relatively strong ones. She was killed by the Shadow's own, and I don't see any particular reasons why we should suspect her of being Black Ajah.

No particular reason for suspecting her, I think and it would add nothing to the plotline.

RJ already had embedded both a known to readers Black in Elza and an unknown to readers Black in Fera (?0 in the group of AS around Rand.

The second is still there - maybe she's the "unknown dagger".

Yeah, nothing to say she was Black, in fact, I would say it was pretty certain she wasn't. She bonded Eben Hopwil, one of Rand's loyal Asha'man. Not that its impossible to disguise your affiliation with your warder, but I doubt she would have been able to, and the Blacks have made a point of not Bonding Asha'man. (and vice versa, Taim and his people refuse, there are no Black sisters among the 50 sent to destroy the Black Tower)

Plus she was killed by Semirhage/Elza/Shaidar Haran to stop her raising the alarm as mentioned. Not something that would happen if she was BA. They punish their people with death, but they don't kill them for no reason. She would have obeyed SH or Semirhage in an instant, so no need to worry about raising alarms.

Archived