DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
    • Like to Dislike   Egwene.   She had such promise, I felt that she finally learned some humility with the Aiel. As soon as she got the Amyrlin seat she went back to being arrogant and self conceited.  The final nail in her coffin for me was Nynaeves test for the shawl.  It was clear that the Aes Sedai went overboard with it and yet Egwene (her supposed friend) went with the cruellest blow.  I don't think she understood what it meant to be a 'servant of all', she was instead a slave to her own ego.   She was amazingly well written but I could not stand her.        
    • Just finishing up on my reread of AMOL.   1. Andhrol.  Yes, he and Pevara were lovely together and I enjoyed their dynamic, however, I felt that he took time away from the other characters I had shared 13 books with.   2. Siuan and Moiraine. I wanted a reunion, that was a real sticking point for me.   3. Moghedien. Really did not need to see her dragged off in a collar, I would have preferred to have finished with her skulking about quietly 'somewhere'.  It felt a little bit too much like a clear victory for the Light, I would have liked something to be unresolved.      
    • The dark side won hundreds of years ago, the land unified under one ruler, the Dark One, technology advanced. Forsaken, now free, were flying around in their G6s. #Contrails The laser damage is a bit more confusing, fired from a satellite? They are all east-west... The Seachan returned sooner, lost the war, but they brought an invasive species, the Grolm. The Grolm eventually destroyed all life in Randland, even Trollocs. The surviving Grolm continued to feed on each other. And as to Lanfear, she did not care who Rand was. She wanted to turn Rand to the dark side. She wanted to use his power ability to draw Saidin. She wanted to dominate him to repay “him” for leaving her. She gave up when Rand slept with Avi.   
    • @Cross    May you get no sweets this Valentine's & may insomnia visit you.   Ry