DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Author - Hot Tip

Kivam

Some of you know I review books for a major publication. Just wanted to give you all a heads up that I just got a book in that absolutely blew me away. Patrick Rothfuss' The Name of the Wind, coming out next year. The book is seriously, simply great, high fantasy and pure genious. I always read books through twice before I write my review, and in rapid succession (usually within a week or two of each other), and I was as wrapped up in the story the second time through as the first. The man has serious chops. And to add to the insanity, it's his freaking debut novel. I can't give you any details about the book (part of my contract) but I don't think this small comment is a problem, so . . .

Why am I telling you this now? Because doing some quick internet research on the author for the review I googled his name and stumbled on an e-bay auction; some idiot reviewer has put up his advance reading copy for bid. ***This is not me; I'm fairly certain it would be a breach of contract to do this, and besides, I'm keeping mine***. For anyone who might be interested in what probably will be the best book of next year, you should check it out. (Again, this is not my auction, I am not mentioning this to pump up the price. Ask anyone on the debates and discussion board, they know me well enough to know I wouldn't lie about something as stupid as that. Just thought some of the folks on here who like good fantasy might find the info useful)

Archived