DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

what about Moiraine?

Twodoggs

The best bet IMO is that Moiraine will have gained some kind of knowledge that will prove crucial for Rand. Perhaps the key to solving Fel's riddle, "Clear the rubble before you can build".

Of course, that would push Mat even further into the role of Odin, if he gives his eye to free Moiraine who in this scenario would represent wisdom and knowledge.

Another alternative would be that rand seeing moiraine alive wouldd help him look at his list of dead women in a new light. He constantly thinks about how moiraine tops that list, her name written in fire. Well, surprise, she's alive. Might even make him both laugh and cry.

Considering that Rand has been hardening himself by reciting the names of the women he believes he killed, and that Moraine is at the top of that list despite the fact that she was not the first woman he killed, suggests to me that Moraine's return will be a pivotal moment for Rand's character. Perhaps the realization that he is not responsible for every bad thing will loosen him up emotionally, and return to him some of his lost humanity.

As for Mat losing an eye, my money is still on him losing an eye to convince the seanchan to follow Rand. It seems like every other word or thought from a seanchan is about their eyes. They lower their eyes, they swear on their eyes. I think that Mat is going to lose his eye to the seanchan, and by doing so will convince them to do their part, and helping to save the world.

• 3 weeks later...

One thought on the way Rand will view Moiraine's reappearance is as a further weakening of the seals... The Village (and peddler) that sank into the ground when Matt was with Luca's show... Dead walking the earth... you know, those kinds of cheery thoughts.

Moiraine's rescue is what I'm most excited about in Memory.

Q's: Once rescued will Lan's bond snap back to Moiraine, or was it truly severed? Will Lan be at Tarwin's Gap with the reassembled Malkier and all of a sudden realise that Moiraine is alive?

Sweet.

Once rescued will Lan's bond snap back to Moiraine, or was it truly severed? Will Lan be at Tarwin's Gap with the reassembled Malkier and all of a sudden realise that Moiraine is alive?

Personally, I doubt it, since I think the bond was snapped-then-passed because Moiraine was burned out by the melting ter'angreal. So, just being rescued, or even being Healed, would not automatically restore the bond.

Who forgot Moriaine? Aren't there like 50 threads about her? Haven't we been debating her fate ever since ever? Haven't all the discussions about Cyndane touched on her?

I don't know. I'm pretty sure no one who's ever read these books has forgetten her.

When Siuan and Leanne got healed, they immediately felt the loss of their warders. So I think the bonds are reformed.

Actually, Siuan felt the effects of the death of her Warder, and asked Leane how she had dealt with the same thing years ago. The bond wasn't re-formed, the consequence of feeling her Warder die was. Since Lan isn't dead, Moiraine will have no problem along that line.

Feeling the after-effects of a Warder's death and the actual re-establishment of the bond are two very, very different things.

We have nothing to go by there, so I'll just stop, though in this case, you might be more right than wrong.

I was just thinking, since this serie is in books, RJ can't exactly use a montage, so how will Moiraine/Cadsuane teach Rand anything in time? :lol:

Archived